5 hours ago, eric_son_of_joseph said:

GWP LEGO sets are causing despair among adults, so I would agree. 

Some people get wind of something and start to fantasize, only to be disappointed when the final product is revealed.  I want cool throwback sets like everyone else.  I temper expectations and if I'm underwhelmed, I move on.

That's a reasonable outlook :pir-huzzah2:

Great analysis.  I think people build things up so much that when the final product comes out they just see the negatives and can't let things go.  I know it's not the greatest set but let's put it into perspective.  The actual sets we have gotten are great like the Lion Knights castle, 3in1 castle, Rivendell, Viking village, the 3in1 viking ship, and the pirate sets were also great.  As long as we are getting quality sets like that I'm not worried.  I think some people take things to far with this set.  I can't wait till we see pictures of the Market village and see what will be said about that.  

I got mine. I built mine. It was a lame bjuild that had so much potential. Let us all trust that LEGO will do better next time.

Edited by Follows Closely

Honeslty, I’m glad I don’t spend my money to get that GWP set. Just no thanks, except for a tie-in modular GWP, like vintage taxi for Boutique Hotel and moving truck for Jazz Club. 

I got Forestmen’s Hideout and I don’t like the ugly build but I love minifigures. 

I wasn't going to spend money just to get this but ended up getting one thanks to the Black Friday deals.

I know the threshold is too high, but I honestly liked this build a lot more than I was expecting. The exterior just looks a little outdated...

I was also very excited before the reveal but so disappointed with the final result.

Despite of that I launched two orders during Insiders WE for 10320 Eldorado Fortress and so get two Majisto's (with two 40602 Winter Market Stall) that I already sold to diminish the bill. 

I only keep sets that I really like. I did the same thing with 40580 Blacktron Cruiser because Meh and stickers... I only find the 40567 Forest Hideout superb and managed so to get five copies. 

7 hours ago, zoth33 said:

I can't wait till we see pictures of the Market village and see what will be said about that.  

I am so hyped for this set, that I am worried I will get disappointed as a first impression no matter how fantastic it is before I am able to fall in love with it:blush:

I just relalized that is the only minifig scale castle set we got in 2023. I am not counting the Buildable Grey Castle 6487473-1 as that is a micro build and not avialable to the masses. I am also not including cmf. This is a bit dissapointing compared to the past few year. However, 2024 may make up for it with three large sets on the horizon.

2024:

2023:

40601-1.jpg?202310070302  

2022:

10305-1.jpg?202110181055  40567-1.jpg?202205280205  

2021:

21325-1.jpg?202101010216  31120-1.jpg?202101130723  910001-1.jpg?202107020934

2020:

nada

2019:

BL19001-1.jpg?201904110106

2018:

nada

nada

nada

56 minutes ago, Follows Closely said:

I just relalized that is the only minifig scale castle set we got in 2023. I am not counting the Buildable Grey Castle 6487473-1 as that is a micro build and not avialable to the masses. I am also not including cmf. This is a bit dissapointing compared to the past few year. However, 2024 may make up for it with three large sets on the horizon.

I wouldn´t actually count Bricklink Castles. Since we had space and caslte last year we got pirates this year. So for next year the only known set would be the Market village, since I belive that the Dungeons and Dragons Set will be released 2025. However I am pretty sure we will get one GWP at least, so we would end up getting two sets. And who knows maybe they will start doing smaller Sets also and we get a second buyable set even.

I honestly don't mind them skipping a year for Castle.

It gives  my wallet time to breathe  other Classic themes some time to breathe

4 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

I just relalized that is the only minifig scale castle set we got in 2023.

It is the only new one. But others are still available on the shelves. Personally, I don't mind sets being available for more than a year, so count available sets rather than new ones.

7 minutes ago, MAB said:

It is the only new one. But others are still available on the shelves. Personally, I don't mind sets being available for more than a year, so count available sets rather than new ones.

I don't look at it that way, longevity is irrelevant to me. But here you go...

2023:

21325-1.jpg?202101010216  31120-1.jpg?202101130723  10305-1.jpg?20211018105540601-1.jpg?202310070302**  

2022:

21325-1.jpg?202101010216  31120-1.jpg?202101130723  10305-1.jpg?202110181055  40567-1.jpg?202205280205**  

2021:

21325-1.jpg?202101010216  31120-1.jpg?202101130723  910001-1.jpg?202107020934**

2020:

nada

2019:

BL19001-1.jpg?201904110106**

2018:

nada

nada

nada

** Limited Sets

8 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

I wouldn´t actually count Bricklink Castles. Since we had space and caslte last year we got pirates this year. So for next year the only known set would be the Market village, since I belive that the Dungeons and Dragons Set will be released 2025. However I am pretty sure we will get one GWP at least, so we would end up getting two sets. And who knows maybe they will start doing smaller Sets also and we get a second buyable set even.

Yes, no interest in BL sets personally and it really are only mocs since there are no quality controll, budget or even printed instructions now from Lego. If we get one or two retro sets per year plus 1-2 GWP that is fine with me:pir-triumph:

9 hours ago, Follows Closely said:

I don't look at it that way, longevity is irrelevant to me. But here you go...

Yes, of course it depends on the perspective you have. The images show that anyone wanting to get into Castle (in terms of sets) has been served rather well over the past few years, but only if you are wanting to buy larger sets. For smaller or kid focused sets, it has been poor.

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Yes, no interest in BL sets personally and it really are only mocs since there are no quality controll, budget or even printed instructions now from Lego. If we get one or two retro sets per year plus 1-2 GWP that is fine with me:pir-triumph:

With Space and Castle early in the year I would guess for Pirates in the summer, so might be we get one retro set of each of those 3 every year now or at least this year.

14 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

With Space and Castle early in the year I would guess for Pirates in the summer, so might be we get one retro set of each of those 3 every year now or at least this year.

If so, I'll be curious to see where they go with Castle. So far I've enjoyed how, if you can afford it, you can buy one set and pretty much get all you need for one faction, more or less.

Not that I'd be opposed to any future sets further expanding a faction (like maybe a siege tower for the Black Falcons?), although for me I'd be more interested to see what they do with some of the other factions in terms of reinventing them.

Not sure if anyone else said anything before, (and I haven't looked at the pirates ones to compare,) but I only just noticed that this set box says "12+" where the previous sets (Galaxy Explorer, Blacktron Cruiser, Lion Knight's Castle, Forest Hideout) all said "18 years and up"

I built mine a few weeks back, when it was announced and up until I built it, it was one of the best GWP lately then when the hype settled, I felt the Forestman last year was better. 
Here is a review I've done after the hype:

THE STILL GOOD:

• Still a good remake.
  • It's still fun to build even the techniques used my not a surprising as you might experience with the Forestman hideout.
  • Exclusive lion knight figure.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• very high purchase threshold
  • the scroll tile is sticker.
  • No shields for the knight.

The threshold is too high is my final verdict.  Still think it's a nice remake though =)

4 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:
  • Exclusive lion knight figure.

Lion Knight? ;)

4 hours ago, Pchan1983 said:

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• very high purchase threshold
  • the scroll tile is sticker.
  • No shields for the knight.

The threshold is quite high, but actually the normal Black Friday-Insiders-Weekend threshold - and in the end it is not 250 for this set, but for both this and the other one. Doesn´t change that it is still high ofc.

Especially the missing shield is still what bothers me most about this set. 

I got this GWP with Avenger’s Tower. It’s a pretty fun build, but I can definitely see how it’s a bit lackluster for a remake. As someone who only has the new era of castle sets it’s nice to get another faction, though I’m hoping this isn’t the last we see of the Dragon Masters (maybe a in the rumoured Village 2024 set?). In the meantime I’ll have to bricklink a few figs, because it feels weird having lots of Lions, Falcons and Forestmen and then 1 random Dragon Master. 

19 hours ago, Black Falcon said:

Lion Knight? ;)

dragon knight I meant XD. was in two minds while typing lol

Did anyone else have a spare masonry brick in dark Gray in this set? All other parts and spare parts where 100% correct.

I'm glad that I counted them before building my two alternate models 😅

1 hour ago, Sebbl said:

Did anyone else have a spare masonry brick in dark Gray in this set? All other parts and spare parts where 100% correct.

I'm glad that I counted them before building my two alternate models 😅

Nope.