Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

GoH 10 A : Exploring Cedrica

Had to build something for this challenge!

It has been far too long since I made a large medieval scene. I got quite a lot of elements in the new flesh colors last year, and have been wanting to make some buildings with them ever since. However, that did lead to the city block looking more Venetian than I initially planned :laugh:
The model is viewable from all sides and features full interiors throughout with businesses on the ground floor and apartments above. There is even a section of sewers underneath street level.

Any sections of the buildings that overhang the base size can easily be removed in case I ever choose to add on more modules with buildings that sit flush against these.

Lord Karsten was honored to have an invitation to appear in Queen Ylspeth's court as one of the representatives for a Mitgardian embassy, and for the first time was able to bring Lady Karin and the twins with him to the capitol city.

Harburg is a good sized town, but the crowded streets of Cedrica were an entirely new experience for Eryl and Elise. Even Valholl couldn't compare to the sheer size and density of Historica's capitol.

There was so much to see and explore that Karin had a hard time convincing her children to return to their guest quarters each evening.

overview.jpg

The canals were especially fascinating for Eryl.

full-scene.jpg

third-level.jpg

More photos:

corner.jpg

bc2.jpg

Interiors, starting with a scribe's office and living quarters (where her mischievous son is up to no good):

scribe-1.jpg

scribe-2.jpg

The larger building houses a shop for elegant ceramic and metal goods on the ground floor and apartments above:

mdf-1.jpg

mdf-three.jpg

croissant-top.jpg

Sewers:

sewer.jpg

You can see more photos on Brickbuilt.

Thanks for looking, feedback always appreciated :dsweet:

Really nice! I am eager to see more Cedrica’s section in the following weeks (and to show my own section already finished too).

I love especially the sewers, the diversity of roofs technics, the stairs in the scribe office (easy but efficient) and some little ingenious decoration that I will probably use later the little golden glass, the candelstick…

Edited by Sympatik Brick

Lovely build SK!

I'm amazed you got all the detailing into 2 full buildings with interiors, plus the canal on a 32x32 footprint!  The sewer section is an awesome detail, as is that bed with the golden frame.

This is awesome! There are so many nice details and colours in such a small space while it still doesn't seem overcrowded or something like this. also, the interiors are top notch (as usual from you!). Great build!

The interiors here are so lovely, some really nice floor designs, great furniture designs especially that gold leaf bed, and the detailed sewer is also really cool!  Of course the outside is top notch too, the color choices are perfect and I particularly like the dark brown roof over the bridge!

A beautiful diorama with many details! :pir-wub: The interior looks great. It's interesting to see what the minifigures are doing.

Great to see you back @soccerkid6!  Love the build.  The colors work well together, I really like the detailed roof techniques that are varied, and as usual, your interiors are awesome.  I particularly like the small steps in the roof on the bridge, and the use of the minifig crossed sword holder as decorative elements hanging off the balcony.  You do a lot of amazing work packing tons of details into a tiny space, something that is difficult to do on the 'minifig' scale (as opposed to an actual linear scale model).  The beds and stool are standouts here.  Great work, and thanks for sharing!

Great color use and detailing on the exteriors, and your interiors do not disappoint as usual :classic:
I especially love the sewer, great detail that one doesn't see very often more than as the openings (I wasn't expecting an interior there here either when I saw the openings) :thumbup:

As others have said the colors create a nice visual.  The interiors are nicely detailed the beds and the stool look great.  The covered bridge adds a brightness to the build and compliments the tone of the other biuldings.  I also like the dock area and the water looks great.  Overall a very lovely build.  

Stunning work as always my friend. Love how well you've implemented the color palette. Just so visually appealing. 

Am I right in believing this is your first depiction of Cedrica? If so, I want to visit more than ever! I'm with Karin, so much to see! 

I'm sure I have much to catch up on, but I am very intrigued to know the what and why of Lord Karsten's visit to the capital city!

Really nice colors and details in the buildings like previous comments have mentioned. I really dig the little fun usages of pieces like the scabbards and gold leaves. Inspiring build!

I had taken a quick look at this previously, but now that I have been working on my own entry I have really been looking at yours in depth. There’s just so much to see and it’s all so well done. The buildings are gorgeous, with all the different colored sections fitting so well together. The interiors, as always, are great. One of my favorite details is how smoothly the angled piece of the walkway fits in.

I enjoy all the colors of your build.  After looking closer, I really like the light blue and dark brown building color combination.

The covered bridge and angled wall near the water are very nice details.  Having interiors with such a detailed exterior is very impressive.

As always, such a clean prestentation. I like how the houses fit together so well but have different details like the styles of roof. Also neat interiors, really like those beds. And the sewers are a great touch as well!