Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[MOC] White Eagle Knights

Recommended Posts

Just a quick build to show off the new White Eagle/Red Falcon torsos available from build your own minifig stations. I was very excited to see a new castle faction, especially one that appears to be be a variant of the (best faction) Black Falcons!

 

52072265731_c430321568_c.jpg

 

52072263388_dd568b883c_c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice little scene here. The wore-down look of the roof is quite the finishing touch.

Can I take it some of the equipment worn by the soldiers isn't regular lego (wide-rimmed helmets, halberd, flag spear)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Nice little scene here. The wore-down look of the roof is quite the finishing touch.

Can I take it some of the equipment worn by the soldiers isn't regular lego (wide-rimmed helmets, halberd, flag spear)?

The guy with the crossbow his helmet is custom.  

The guy with the large hammer the hammer is custom

The flag spear is lego   At least it looks like to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, royalstick said:

They look like Polish winged hussar! With white&red flag and white eagle coat of arms!

Yes, I think a lot of Polish AFOL castle fans are very excited!

10 hours ago, danielwerner said:

This is awesome! Any chance of instructions? :)

Thank you, no instructions sorry.

6 hours ago, SirBlake said:

That looks great. The torso works really well reversed. 

Thanks, when I first saw them I didn't think it was going to look very good reversed. I'm very happy to be wrong!

6 hours ago, brimbolet said:

Great idea! Hopefully I can get some of the torsos too.

Thanks, good luck!!!

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Awesome as usual !

  Reveal hidden contents

Burn in hell with your fleshy figs, you heretic !

 

Thanks Professor! It's ok, they aren't fleshies, most have light 'nougat' heads - just ask TLG! :pir_laugh2:

20 minutes ago, Shroffy123 said:

Looks great. Hopefully I can snag some of these torso. Thanks for posting! 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

Nice little scene here. The wore-down look of the roof is quite the finishing touch.

Can I take it some of the equipment worn by the soldiers isn't regular lego (wide-rimmed helmets, halberd, flag spear)? 

Thanks. @zoth33 is pretty much spot on. The Crossbowman has a BrickWarriors Kettlehelm (painted silver). The warhammer head was a custom piece from a third party store in Singapore that I'm pretty sure no longer operates. I think they were called CrazyCustoms or something like that. The red falcon shield was from a Polish Bricklink store back in the days Bricklink could sell custom items. The flag spear is Lego - but modified. I cut off the head of a spear and it is joined to a lance by the flags. I felt the lance needed to be slightly longer and have experimented with different ways over the years (usually using telescope and bar pieces). I have quite a few of the new type spears (and I think I prefer the old type ones anyway) so I decided to sacrilegiously cut one short.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice straightforward scene to showcase your figures, which look excellent! I had seen the new torsos floating around in other people's MOCs, but I thought they were customs. Good to learn that these are official ones that can be bought. Hopefully they'll be available on Bricklink as well (but the prices will probably make me tear up :cry_sad: ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice job Ayrlego, I’m amazed at how many MOCs you manage to produce with such constant quality!

 

4 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine scene, nicely built.

So, I understand, I have to visit the next Lego store as soon as possible :grin:

I think you’d have to be quick, I know 2 of the 3 stores in my vicinity have already sold out.

16 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Awesome as usual !

  Reveal hidden contents

Burn in hell with your fleshy figs, you heretic !

 

Hahahaha far yellow extremist! I used to be in your camp as well but find more and more reasons to let go of yellow heads every now and then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Ravelino said:

Hahahaha far yellow extremist! I used to be in your camp as well but find more and more reasons to let go of yellow heads every now and then.

You will rot in hell !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2022 at 10:06 PM, Ayrlego said:

The warhammer head was a custom piece from a third party store in Singapore that I'm pretty sure no longer operates. I think they were called CrazyCustoms or something like that. The red falcon shield was from a Polish Bricklink store back in the days Bricklink could sell custom items. The flag spear is Lego - but modified. I cut off the head of a spear and it is joined to a lance by the flags. I felt the lance needed to be slightly longer and have experimented with different ways over the years (usually using telescope and bar pieces). I have quite a few of the new type spears (and I think I prefer the old type ones anyway) so I decided to sacrilegiously cut one short.

Not that it makes any difference, but the warhammer head company was called Custom Crazy. It was Malaysian, not Singaporean, though its parts may have been available in Singapore. You’re correct that the company no longer exists. It disappeared some years ago. It also made custom hafts, hilts and chest pieces. I would post a picture of one of its more interesting hilts, but EB is stopping me from posting the picture.

I faced the same problem as you and came up with a similar solution when creating a knight’s lance. I would post a picture, but again, EB isn’t letting me.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2022 at 1:53 PM, Ravelino said:

I think you’d have to be quick, I know 2 of the 3 stores in my vicinity have already sold out.

Thanks for the warning - but the store in Cologne had plenty of those guys for me :grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, @Ayrlego my friend I am envying you for getting those torsos! Drool, drool and drool! I guess we must put some pressure on those certified LEGO store of us to keep up faster... :pir_laugh2:

Secondly, once more I am loving that specific building style of yours. It walks effortlessly between classic builds and overly detailed builds. Not so many builders can achieve that with such consistency. But I have already told you so many times before, so I can proceed to the third and last comment: Bury those fleshies under tons of TLG wheels and tires (I am sure there are tons of these, readily available everywhere)!!!! They are sacrilegious. Vive le Roi classic yellow (and medium nougat because you know, sometimes it is lovely bearable)! :pir-laugh:

Oh, and boo on that cut spear. But at least you've created the perfect lance...! :pir-wub:

Edited by blackdeathgr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   1 member