Sign in to follow this  
jtooker

CDC2 CMF jtooker | Hired Hands of Historica

Hired Hands of Historica

Hired Hands of Historica

Queens rule and warriors battle, but workers propel Historica forward. These are the hired hands of Historica.

I created these minifigures for the Guilds of Historica 2nd count down challenge. There are members from all five guilds as well as Cedrica.

Kaliphlin

Jaffar the Monkey Trainer

The aristocracy of Kaliphlin likes their monkeys trained, might as well collect extra profit while I’m at it

Jaffar the Monkey Trainer

Pouri the Attendant

Fanning the king is exhausting

Pouri the Attendant

Sesur-hat the Scribe

Drawing one map is fun, a dozen copies is not

Sesur-hat the Scribe

Varlyrio

Drad the Deck Hand

After two months at sea, I long for the harsh Wastelands

Drad the Deck Hand

Sofia the Back Stabber

If the poisoned apple doesn’t work, the direct approach will

Sofia the Back Stabber

Elias the Net Maker

Mending nets is better on my back than reeling them in full of fish

Elias the Net Maker

Mitgardia

Thodil the Ice Cutter

I don’t know why humans don’t get their own ice, mining it is much easier than mining rock

Thodil the Ice Cutter

Aðalgeir the Furrier

Harsh winters create the best business

Aðalgeir the Furrier

Gjertrud the Snow Shoveler

I’d give half my wage for a sunny day

Gjertrud the Snow Shoveler

Avalonia

Ailmer the Lumberjack

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I’m a lumberjack and I’m ok…

Ailmer the Lumberjack

Fanes the Farrier

My work is all the separates you from the ground

Fanes the Farrier

Neddi the Gardener

If you step on my flowers once, you won’t do it again

Neddi the Gardener

Nocturnus

Mudgul the Miner

At least there is no ghastly sunlight down here

Mudgul the Miner

Ruak the Bone Craftsman

I’m the best in the over and underworld

Ruak the Bone Craftsman

Koglodzar the Slave Driver

I can’t believe I get paid to do this!

Koglodzar the Slave Driver

Cedrica

Esther the Chambermaid

You wouldn’t believe what the Queen did last night!

Esther the Chambermaid

Great work on these! The first thing I noticed in the "group photo" were those multi-colored baseplates - a novel concept, and they look great!

I love some of the character concepts as well. A centaur farrier makes a lot of sense - centaurs probably would need horseshoes (centaurshoes?) as much as horses would. I also like the gossipy chambermaid!

I also love Ruak's "bone throne" - it looks amazing! I especially like how you used the old version of "skeleton arm" (the loose ones that flail around) for the armrests.

The multi-colored baseplates are a great touch to set your series apart!  The ice miner and monkey trainer are both great ideas, really neat bone throne, and is that an iron made out of a flipper?  Ingenious!  And the lumberjack... boy I wish official CMFs would come with trees! :grin:

What they said! Spotted the clever bases first as indicator of guild. The ice cutter is great as the pincers work perfectly on the ice block.

I also like the centaur farrier - I’ve recently got sucked down the rabbit hole of YouTube horse shoeing videos so this is timely 😂 Great by-line too.

Very cool series! I like that you based all the figs around a central theme and the guild colored baseplates are really cool. My favorites are the centuar farrier and the bone craftsman!

Oh my, those custom baseplates are genius! The figs themselves look great too - the choice of accessories for the ice cutter is spot-on, but my absolute favourite is the gardener! Her expression and the matching quote are priceless! 

Great collection of figures and overall great theme! Nice to see the other 99,6 % of Historica than the lords and heroes get their own CMF series :thumbup:

Strong series jtooker.  Nice to see the more mundane inhabitants of Historica, "civilians" are often some of the harder minifigs for me to put together!  

You’ve got a solid group of figs here, and I think you’ve really enhanced the series by customizing the stands and leaning into the mini builds. I’m a big fan of Thodil - I can’t think of a better use for that weapon piece!

Thank you everyone for your supportive comments and feedback!

On 10/11/2021 at 4:43 PM, socalbricks said:

Great work on these! The first thing I noticed in the "group photo" were those multi-colored baseplates - a novel concept, and they look great!

I love some of the character concepts as well. A centaur farrier makes a lot of sense - centaurs probably would need horseshoes (centaurshoes?) as much as horses would. I also like the gossipy chambermaid!

I also love Ruak's "bone throne" - it looks amazing! I especially like how you used the old version of "skeleton arm" (the loose ones that flail around) for the armrests.

I'm glad you enjoyed the baseplates - once I had that idea, I knew I had to submit an entry!  I enjoy the old skeleton arms too - this was a good excuse to use one

On 10/11/2021 at 7:41 PM, Kai NRG said:

The multi-colored baseplates are a great touch to set your series apart!  The ice miner and monkey trainer are both great ideas, really neat bone throne, and is that an iron made out of a flipper?  Ingenious!  And the lumberjack... boy I wish official CMFs would come with trees! :grin:

It is an iron made out of a flipper.  I thought the tree was a bit on the large side for an accessory, but enjoyed it too much to leave it off.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:14 PM, Eyrezer said:

What they said! Spotted the clever bases first as indicator of guild. The ice cutter is great as the pincers work perfectly on the ice block.

I also like the centaur farrier - I’ve recently got sucked down the rabbit hole of YouTube horse shoeing videos so this is timely 😂 Great by-line too.

I searched a while for a piece to hold the ice, I'm glad I found the one I did, everything else I tried did not work as well.

On 10/13/2021 at 2:25 PM, W Navarre said:

Add to the comments about the neat bases, and of course creative figs too! 

Thank you!

On 10/17/2021 at 4:13 PM, Grover said:

NIce work!  I like the guild colored stands, and particularly the scribe!

I'm glad you enjoyed the guild stands.

On 10/18/2021 at 7:11 PM, LordDan said:

Very cool series! I like that you based all the figs around a central theme and the guild colored baseplates are really cool. My favorites are the centuar farrier and the bone craftsman!

Awesome, I enjoyed those two as well

On 10/19/2021 at 10:13 AM, Aurore said:

Oh my, those custom baseplates are genius! The figs themselves look great too - the choice of accessories for the ice cutter is spot-on, but my absolute favourite is the gardener! Her expression and the matching quote are priceless! 

The gardener was a last minute addition, but I'm very happy with how she turned out (so much so, I put her as the thumbnail for it on my blog post).

On 10/19/2021 at 2:50 PM, Gideon said:

Great collection of figures and overall great theme! Nice to see the other 99,6 % of Historica than the lords and heroes get their own CMF series :thumbup:

There should be a Bernie Sanders response... something, something ninety nine per-CENT of Historica...

On 10/25/2021 at 11:49 PM, mrcp6d said:

Strong series jtooker.  Nice to see the more mundane inhabitants of Historica, "civilians" are often some of the harder minifigs for me to put together!  

I'm glad you enjoyed them!  I always wish they were better represented in official Medieval LEGO sets too.

On 10/26/2021 at 12:01 AM, The Stad said:

You’ve got a solid group of figs here, and I think you’ve really enhanced the series by customizing the stands and leaning into the mini builds. I’m a big fan of Thodil - I can’t think of a better use for that weapon piece!

Thank you! It was hard not to put in a neon-orange chainsaw.