MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2022 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

2 minutes ago, MAVERICK26 said:

[visible disappointment]

Do y'all think that they're going to stagger the reveals or is this itf or the January wave? If this is it it's going to be pretty pathetic.

This is it for the January wave, alongside the Microfighter and potentially the accessory packs (?). Also the Ahsoka brickheadz at one point.

3 hours ago, AyeMatey said:

Thank you! That's a lot of battle packs lol. I'm sure that is entirely unintentional...

You'll also have almost exactly the right number if you just buy one of every Hoth set LEGO's ever made. The current total is about 42 snowtroopers, including the ones in the upcoming sets (not counting the odd non-set issues, like the magnet pack and pens).

3 minutes ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

You'll also have almost exactly the right number if you just buy one of every Hoth set LEGO's ever made. The current total is about 42 snowtroopers, including the ones in the upcoming sets (not counting the odd non-set issues, like the magnet pack and pens).

Mixing the two versions (2003-2013 & 2014-now) wouldn‘t look that good though :tongue:

I really like both of these sets. The Hoth Battle Pack is something I'll probably get at least five of just to build up a Hoth army in case I ever want to build a diorama. And maybe this is a hot take, but I think the Hoth AT-ST is one of the best AT-STs they've done to date. I really like the look of it, though a few more minifigures wouldn't have hurt. I'll have to wait and get these during the summer though, as there's the Modular Hotel in January and I have a Disney/Galaxy's Edge trip in March.

Also, I love that new box art. I was getting sick of the same white one for the past two years, so this is a much welcomed change. 

I like the Battlepack - especially the dumping of the stud shooters.

Probably won't bother with the ATST. The new pilot looks nice enough but Chewie looks to me more like a bad case of dandruff than encrusted with snow and I can't remember any female troopers on the Hoth front lines (mind you there were no Snow Scout Troopers either so I guess I'll give it a pass). 

It really is a shame that the battle pack is kind of overpriced because it's otherwise really good. Great selection of minifigures, nice builds, and nary a stud shooter in sight. Not sure if I'd be getting it either way but it's objectively good in my opinion.

The sets look really good. It’s nice to see they’ve returned to the regional blaster design for the Battle packs. I also really like the new box art.

It’s amazing how an attractive box-art makes sets more appealing. I think they can do even better with the box-art, however, but this is a nice and timely surprise. 

I much prefer the old Snowtrooper design across the years than this, which puts me off the Battle pack a little bit. For those that are purchasing the UCS AT-AT, this will be a great buy. The system AT-AT also has seats too so I can see the appeal there too. The set is actually well done, just the price doesn’t reflect the fact there is a lack of additions to normal battle packs. The Scout Trooper is excellent. 

The AT-ST, is well done. I’d have loved an extra figure in this one, but I can’t really see anything new to be added. Figures are tidy, and the set seems fun. Price is excellent. 

Overall, positive signs. We just need some Rebel Troopers now, an Echo Base and a Snowspeeder.

It is a shame these sets are accompanied by no other sets pretty much. I miss the traditional winter waves - great, cheap sets, and amazing figures. 

EDIT - the Snowtrooper battle pack in the UK is £17.99. £4 increase. Not ideal, not disastrous. 

EDIT 2 - Hoth AT-ST £44.99. Wow, what a steal!! It is me though that thinks the box-art for this is weird? - why is the walker slanted? 

Edited by ArrowBricks

34 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

I like the Battlepack - especially the dumping of the stud shooters.

Probably won't bother with the ATST. The new pilot looks nice enough but Chewie looks to me more like a bad case of dandruff than encrusted with snow and I can't remember any female troopers on the Hoth front lines (mind you there were no Snow Scout Troopers either so I guess I'll give it a pass). 

The Hoth trooper wears the officer uniform (I think its the same torso as assault on Hoth) (or TLG just want to keep ruining the perfect snowtrooper uniform they had in 2016), and there were female officers and soldiers in the film, while the AT ST driver isn't canonical either. I agree Chewbacca doesn't really look snowy as the snow pattern should be on the upper and lower parts of the figure, not randomly distributed.

50 minutes ago, TeufelHund said:

and I can't remember any female troopers on the Hoth front lines (mind you there were no Snow Scout Troopers either so I guess I'll give it a pass). 

If only there were a way to swap heads with another minifig. Yet as we all know, LEGO parts were designed with no such interoperability in mind.

14 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

If only there were a way to swap heads with another minifig. Yet as we all know, LEGO parts were designed with no such interoperability in mind.

Yes but as a she, she has breasts. Even if you can’t see them I’ll know they’re there. 

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

I can't remember any female troopers on the Hoth front lines (mind you there were no Snow Scout Troopers either so I guess I'll give it a pass). 

I was legitimately wondering how long it would take for this complaint to arise (and over the fact that the Minifig is a WoC, since no non-White female Rebels were shown on Hoth). Sigh. 😑

9 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Yes but as a she, she has breasts. Even if you can’t see them I’ll know they’re there. 

I sincerely hope that you are joking! 😬

1 hour ago, TeufelHund said:

I can't remember any female troopers on the Hoth front lines (mind you there were no Snow Scout Troopers either so I guess I'll give it a pass). 

Figure doesn't have any torso prints to indicate that she is a woman so you can easily either make a bulk head order from BL or get random heads you like while you are making orders for something else, throw the figure head in the garbage and change it to one you like. You are literally creating problems where there are none. 

22 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Provided the speeder bike is the same design as the one in the AT AT I’m easily buying two of the battle pack. Very keen to see what pieces make up the snow wall… you would need 12 battle packs to fill all the seats with normal Snowtroopers so there’s gonna be a lot of parts left over begging to be cobbled together to make a some terrain. 

Looks like some big ones, I'm thinking a large terrain build around the AT-AT's feet would look nice.

23 hours ago, Darkslayer said:

Cad Bane maybe?

This is not a spoiler for the show, it's just me speculating.

Nah, I doubt they didn't recognize cad bane, or that whatever leak they saw didn't specify it as such.

These sets look phenomenal. The snowtrooper cost is rough, but the wall is pretty big. I'll get one for sure, more if I get the UCS AT-AT.

The AT-ST looks great too, the feet and cockpit sides are especially nice. The figures are fine overall. Would have liked another pilot but the one we get looks good. The hoth rebel trooper....is that Roja from the 61st mobile infantry? Or beak, I forget which one was the girl. Makes me want Namir and Roach figs. Snow chewie is fine, but BY GOD THAT PROBE DROID, easily the best we've ever gotten.

38 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The hoth rebel trooper....is that Roja from the 61st mobile infantry? Or beak, I forget which one was the girl. Makes me want Namir and Roach figs.

Beak and Roja are both male. You may be thinking of Brand, but she wasn't at Hoth. There are hardly any canon images of the 61st, unfortunately, so it would be hard to make minifigs of them. My best guess is that this figure is based on this woman in the base control room. We already got a figure of Toryn Farr in Assault on Hoth, so we know it isn't her, and the officer in that screenshot seems to have the slightly darker skin tone that would fit the figure.

Mercedes Burleigh (the actor in the link @Kdapt-Preacher shared), Brigitte Kahn (Torryn Farr) and Stephanie English are the three actors who had roles as female rebel Hoth officers (according to IMDb), since the figure is an officer there is no reason for it to be innaccurate. We've had stormtroopers with unusable and inaccurate clone heads for years so I see no reason to complain about heads now.

Edited by Stuartn

5 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Battle pack is great, $33 AUD is very tough to swallow though. 

That's kind of where I'm at. It's a good pack which does exactly what it says on the box (although similar to figs and side builds that are available in other sets) but a $10 AUD price hike puts it alongside the Mandalore Duel, to me another overpriced set. Personally I'm not a fan of terrain builds, although as I would only get one of the pack I'm not the target market. Buying multiple packs with expanded terrain is probably more desirable than multiple vehicle side builds. Good thing is the included vehicle is canon, and a nice upgrade too; finally it looks like the rider is straddling the bike, rather than legs facing forwards.

AT-ST looks pretty nice. As someone who didn't get the RO set this is a definite buy for me. Price is reasonable compared to other sets - 100 more pieces than this years X-wing, although possibly smaller pieces. I imagine it'll scale well with the UCS AT-AT, although is going to look big next to last year's system scale set with only 3" height difference. Figs look good; I would have liked to see a more snow covered Chewie, as he appears in the probe droid encounter. This one looks like he's been hanging out with Al Pacino :laugh:

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I was legitimately wondering how long it would take for this complaint to arise (and over the fact that the Minifig is a WoC, since no non-White female Rebels were shown on Hoth). Sigh. 😑

Took longer than the AT-AT because it’s almost accurate to the source material, and also you’re the one bringing up skin colour.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Looks like some big ones, I'm thinking a large terrain build around the AT-AT's feet would look nice.

Two big-ish wedge plates with a nice variety of slopes and a couple bricks for good measure. Not ideal for what I had in mind but workable. 

2 minutes ago, MaximillianRebo said:

$10 AUD price hike puts it alongside the Mandalore Duel, to me another overpriced set.

Compared to the duel, the battle pack offers much better value for the same price IMO. 

Nice new box art. AT-ST is a great built with nice figures and at a great price. I don't mind the inclusion of a female rebel trooper and don't have a problem about it at all. Telling people who don't like it to "gO bRiCkLinK" is not a solution unless you are the one to pay for their bricklink orders to replace the heads. Sets are judged based on what you get for the price, not what you could make of it by spending more. People value different things about sets and just because you don't mind something about a set doesn't make their criticism any less valid.

The snowtrooper battlepack has a good selection of figures and accurate builds, especially the speeder. The price hike is completely ridiculous and is not justified at all- a 25% increase in the US. Seems like most here are fortunate enough that a 25% price hike doesn't bother them in the slightest but many people aren't. Especially, kids, literally the target audience. The price is nothing more than lego cashing in on their global 36% increased sales and 140% increased profit. Clearly people are just buying whatever they put out at whatever prices and the price of this set reflects that.

36 minutes ago, Bobbtom said:

The price hike is completely ridiculous and is not justified at all- a 25% increase in the US.

It's a 33.3% price hike. ($14.99 x 1.333 = $19.99)

2 hours ago, Kdapt-Preacher said:

Beak and Roja are both male. You may be thinking of Brand, but she wasn't at Hoth. There are hardly any canon images of the 61st, unfortunately, so it would be hard to make minifigs of them. My best guess is that this figure is based on this woman in the base control room. We already got a figure of Toryn Farr in Assault on Hoth, so we know it isn't her, and the officer in that screenshot seems to have the slightly darker skin tone that would fit the figure.

Could have sworn one was female. yeah, that lady makes more sense.

I do hope twilight company gets acknowledged at some point, as unlikely as it is, that book is like a sucker punch every time I read it, I always

Spoiler

forget roach dies while reading and it just hits so hard every time.

2 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Two big-ish wedge plates with a nice variety of slopes and a couple bricks for good measure. Not ideal for what I had in mind but workable. 

Compared to the duel, the battle pack offers much better value for the same price IMO. 

I think it could work well around the feet at least, sort of like how it clumps up in the film.

Yeah the battle pack isn't terrible IMO in terms of price given the fact that it's got a fair amount of large bricks (plus even though the piece count is average, they have real weapons too instead of the stud shooters that each take up 4 pcs per fig/inclusion in build). If $20 is the standard from now on, I'll be mad, but since the other two "accessory packs" are still $15 I'm not too worried.

Maybe I‘ve overseen it before, but Stonewars confirm a January release date for the two accessory packs :thumbup: So we could see them leak rather soon, maybe through that toy safety inspecton agency (?) that seems to have become our major source for non-regular set leaks. The DC accessory pack, which also had a Jan 1st release date, leaked that way early December last year

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Maybe I‘ve overseen it before, but Stonewars confirm a January release date for the two accessory packs :thumbup: So we could see them leak rather soon, maybe through that toy safety inspecton agency (?) that seems to have become our major source for non-regular set leaks. The DC accessory pack, which also had a Jan 1st release date, leaked that way early December last year

I'm so excited to find out what these are. I know the probability is that they will be extremely underwhelming. but there's always hope in the unknown. :grin:

The AUD price (and USD price really) of the battlepack is simply too hard to swallow. Battlepack figures are generally not premium figures with all the stops pulled out, and thus don't compare to the pricing of CMF for instance where you're paying for extra detailed figures and exclusive moulds.

The point of battlepacks was supposed to be a low-cost and good value way of building armies. Sure there's inflation etc., but at $20 USD or $33 AUD RRP, that's not low cost any more.

They kind of got away with it with the 501st set because the builds were semi substantial (even though they should've have been). This Hoth one is just your same old battlepack like battlepacks have always been pretty much.

12 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I'm so excited to find out what these are. I know the probability is that they will be extremely underwhelming. but there's always hope in the unknown. :grin:

Yeah, that‘s very much a possibility. Though what we can expect at the minimum are two exclusive prints each, which all of these packs have provided thus far (IIRC). What that budget is actually spent on, we can only speculate :purrr: Could be something cool like an Incinerator Trooper, or something lame like a „new“ Imperial Officer with additional creases on their torso :tongue:

What I‘m definitely not expecting are new named characters, especially desirable ones. There‘s no way they give away sought-after characters in cheap accessory packs