MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

I’m hoping they stick to a film relationship for the third one so I’m hoping for something else ROTJ related if we base this as the first time we see a scout trooper. I’d love it to be Boussh or a Royal Guard

The vader helmet looks more like the TFA vader helmet because of that hilariously low image quality, but from what little I can make out it looks good. It's the ESB/ROTJ helmet too, as it doesn't have the red eyes.

That scout trooper though ..... that'll be my first helmet purchase for sure. I didn't even think it was lego at first, they captured the shape amazingly.

59 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It's the ESB/ROTJ helmet too, as it doesn't have the red eyes

I never understand this argument as the red eyes were never prominent prior to Rogue One, and all the animated depictions since have really exaggerated them. You can really hardly tell in episode IV

3 hours ago, AIex said:

I never understand this argument as the red eyes were never prominent prior to Rogue One, and all the animated depictions since have really exaggerated them. You can really hardly tell in episode IV

I'm not saying it's bad that he doesn't have them or anything, just pointing it out...

3 hours ago, AIex said:

I mean it’s not really an “argument”. The ANH Vader helmet’s eyes just happen to look more red than they do in the other films. It’s an easy way to differentiate Vader’s appearance in each movie, especially since his look changes so little.

Anyway, the Lego Vader helmet is too blurry for me to have a stance on, but the Scout Trooper actually looks pretty good. Not sure if I’ll get it, since I sorta have buyer’s remorse for getting the Stormtrooper one from last year.

According to someone on ig, there will be gwp star destroyer with imperial officer fig. Sounds a bit like the midi scale of 2010–11.

Edited by Brickroll

4 hours ago, The Stud said:

I mean it’s not really an “argument”. The ANH Vader helmet’s eyes just happen to look more red than they do in the other films. It’s an easy way to differentiate Vader’s appearance in each movie, especially since his look changes so little.

Anyway, the Lego Vader helmet is too blurry for me to have a stance on, but the Scout Trooper actually looks pretty good. Not sure if I’ll get it, since I sorta have buyer’s remorse for getting the Stormtrooper one from last year.

Yeah, I didn't really understand that either. I wasn't giving an opinion on it, just stating that the helmet didn't have red eyes,

Of course we'll have to wait for better quality images, but from what I have seen that scout trooper helmet looks...:wub_drool:. If you told me it was just a plastic replica helmet, I'd believe you for at least a few seconds. The stormtrooper helmet is pretty tough to replicate in lego due to the cylindrical shapes along the sides, and as such it didn't come out great, but the scout trooper helmet is not only more conducive to a lego replica, but they absolutely NAILED IT! Unless the better quality images show some serious flaws, this'll be the first helmet I pick up, and the first set in a while I'll get up early for to make sure it doesn't run out of stock.

41 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

According to someone on ig, there will be gwp star destroyer with imperial officer fig. Sounds a bit like the midi scale of 2010–11.

Only one guy has said this, he has no followers, and this is his only post. Add to that the fact that the next GWP is going to be a microscale tatooine, and I'm almost 100% sure it's fake.

15 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Only one guy has said this, he has no followers, and this is his only post. Add to that the fact that the next GWP is going to be a microscale tatooine, and I'm almost 100% sure it's fake.

Yup, yup yup yup yup yup. I gotta stop trusting these guys...

Do we expect the ucs gunship to be bigger then minifig scale? It appears the 2013 version is already in this scale so I can’t see how they make it ucs quality without upscaling. 

I like to collect minifig scale to keep my collection scaled correctly in relation to each other and am in the market for a gunship. I don’t know if I should wait for the ucs or bite the bullet on a 2013 version

49 minutes ago, LDigital said:

Do we expect the ucs gunship to be bigger then minifig scale? It appears the 2013 version is already in this scale so I can’t see how they make it ucs quality without upscaling. 

I like to collect minifig scale to keep my collection scaled correctly in relation to each other and am in the market for a gunship. I don’t know if I should wait for the ucs or bite the bullet on a 2013 version

It without a doubt will be much larger.

As for a minifig scale gunship I'd suggest looking at Brickvault's version, which is much nicer than any official set!

24 minutes ago, jcn said:

It without a doubt will be much larger.

As for a minifig scale gunship I'd suggest looking at Brickvault's version, which is much nicer than any official set!

I never understood the choice to put a Gunship in.

Sure you could make it super detailed with 10.000 pieces. But Brickvaults version is just around 1.500 parts and was perfect - you could also do a standard set for 150-200 bucks lets say..

So maybe they did up the size (like 1,5:1 for minifigure scale). I would rather have kept the size but-  put in decent amount of detailed figures. 

36 minutes ago, hondohnaka said:

Do we know how many pieces the Cruiser is going to be or is that too far out still?

No, we don't. But given that it roughly matches the prices of 75257 (Falcon) and 75288 (AT-AT), I think that estimating a piececount of ~1,250 - 1,350 is not too far fetched.

On 9/15/2020 at 7:23 PM, macaron35 said:
  Number Set designation # parts UVP Release date  

75295 Millennium Falcon Microfighter 101 9,99€ 02/2021  

75296 Microfighter ? 9,99€ ?  

75297 4+ Resistance X-Wing 92 19,99€ 03/2021  

75298 Tauntaun & AT-AT Microfighter 213 19,99€ 03/2021  

75299 (Mandalorian Set) 276 29,99€ 02/2021  

75300 TIE Fighter 432 39,99€ 02/2021  

75301 X-Wing 474 49,99€ 02/2021  

75302 Imperial Shuttle 589 79,99€ 03/2021  

75303 UCS Set ? (199,99€) 05/2021  

75304 Darth Vader Helmet 721 69,99€ 05/2021  

75305 Scout Trooper Helmet 567 49,99€ 05/2021  

75306 Imperial Probe Droid 538 69,99€ 05/2021  

75307 Buildable Statue ? ? (05/2021)  

May somebody update it?

On 3/14/2021 at 2:11 PM, hondohnaka said:

Do we know how many pieces the Cruiser is going to be or is that too far out still?

1,336 pieces - I just updated all of the piece counts from Promobricks on the 2021 News forum :)

Edited by avengers777

2 hours ago, avengers777 said:

1,336 pieces - I just updated all of the piece counts from Promobricks on the 2021 News forum :)

Fantastic work, thanks for posting in the News forum!

Well, the Gunship being over 3,000 pieces means that thing will likely be huge and definitely not minifig scale, those are like 1,700 pieces.  Price per piece on the Slave I looks great, seems like it should be right in line with the 2006/2010 versions, which were both fine in terms of size, and I know some people were concerned about the scale of a $50 model, but I think it'll be great.

Also, almost 7,000 pieces on the AT-AT...wow.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Well, the Gunship being over 3,000 pieces means that thing will likely be huge and definitely not minifig scale, those are like 1,700 pieces.  Price per piece on the Slave I looks great, seems like it should be right in line with the 2006/2010 versions, which were both fine in terms of size, and I know some people were concerned about the scale of a $50 model, but I think it'll be great.

Also, almost 7,000 pieces on the AT-AT...wow.

You fool! Clearly it'll be a 1700-piece minifigure scale gunship with 260 clone troopers! :laugh:

I'm optimistic about slave one, since I couldn't find the 2019 one for a good price I might end up getting this one if it's large enough.

And that AT-AT is going to be a sight to behold...I'm wondering as how they'll do it, seeing as most larger mocs use glue.

The piece counts are all pretty good. What is this Twilight Zone madness with a Star Wars wave full of new material based on shows, with desirable minifigures, and good piece counts and prices??

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

The piece counts are all pretty good. What is this Twilight Zone madness with a Star Wars wave full of new material based on shows, with desirable minifigures, and good piece counts and prices??

TLG must be following this thread :laugh_hard: Ranking my top 5 2021 sets in order of excitement:

1. UCS AT-AT

2. UCS Republic Gunship

3. Vader Helmet

4. Scout Trooper Helmet

5. Imperial Probe Droid

I remember filling out a feedback form on a LEGO.com order not too long ago begging for a UCS AT-AT. LEGO responded with something to the extent of "You are not the only one to request that; let's wait and see what the future holds". Not sure how much influence customer feedback has, but TLG seems to be listening!

2021 UCS R2 piece count is supposedly the same as 10225 at 2127 pieces... so if that’s correct it’s either a massive coincidence or 10225 is getting a direct rerelease. I’m inclined to assume rerelease but it’s still too early to tell.

48 minutes ago, Brikkyy13 said:

2021 UCS R2 piece count is supposedly the same as 10225 at 2127 pieces... so if that’s correct it’s either a massive coincidence or 10225 is getting a direct rerelease. I’m inclined to assume rerelease but it’s still too early to tell.

I can't imagine a direct rerelease, they've never directly rereleased anything (other than the taj mahal? Although the rerelease did come with a brick seperator! :laugh:) there's always been some slight variance. Although it certainly can't be dismissed, it could be a straight up rerelease... For me, I'd be inclined to believe they had a target piece count and it coincided with the previous, but am seriously hoping it's been improved upon... Or I'll be saving some money. 

Am absolutely stoked about the ucs atat/gunship. Both my favourite star wars vehicles, coming out the same year as ucs versions that I honestly never thought they'd ever do! 

I'm looking forward to the 1700 piece gunship with 260 clones......... :laugh:

1 minute ago, Fuppylodders said:

I can't imagine a direct rerelease, they've never directly rereleased anything (other than the taj mahal? Although the rerelease did come with a brick seperator! :laugh:) there's always been some slight variance. Although it certainly can't be dismissed, it could be a straight up rerelease... For me, I'd be inclined to believe they had a target piece count and it coincided with the previous, but am seriously hoping it's been improved upon... Or I'll be saving some money. 

They’ve directly rereleased a few things in the past so there certainly is precedence, most recently the Taj Mahal, Vestas wind turbine, Ideas Saturn V and ship in a bottle. The Star Wars line is no stranger to rereleases either, I’m pretty sure the original TIE Advanced vs Y-Wing had 3 set numbers over the years. If there were any UCS set to do a direct rerelease without any new design work 10225 is a one of a handful they could get away with, especially since the inside of that model is already built with bright colours to help differentiate the parts during building.

3 hours ago, Brikkyy13 said:

Two of the AT-ATs have had the same piece count despite being completely different designs. 10178 and 75054.

13 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You fool! Clearly it'll be a 1700-piece minifigure scale gunship with 260 clone troopers! :laugh:

I'm optimistic about slave one, since I couldn't find the 2019 one for a good price I might end up getting this one if it's large enough.

And that AT-AT is going to be a sight to behold...I'm wondering as how they'll do it, seeing as most larger mocs use glue.

I was thinking an updated 4490 Mini Gunship with a few thousand clones