MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2021 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

5 hours ago, Redroe said:

Kuill's blurrg sled, I'm calling it now. Mando-with-mud. We inch gradually closer to Beskar.

By the way what is it about these offworld Jawas? Why are they red eyed and wear grey? And drive a sandcrawler on a planet not-Tatooine, when lore has it that the sandcrawlers are mining vehicles left on Tatooine? Coincidence? And Navarro is "lousy" with them too. The red eyed ones. They are apparently the Star Wars version of cockroaches.

I believe the sandcrawler lore is non-canon now. It is weird that there are sandcrawlers on multiple planets though, maybe there's an interplanetary jawa guild? With jawa capital ships and transports that drop sandcrawlers onto planets like gozantis do at-ats?

I think the offworld jawas are a different color for out of universe reasons, mainly to fit the more gritty vibe of the mandalorian, and for the same reason there's a new stormtrooper type and TIE every time there's new star wars media: merch.

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I certainly hope the Mando set will be more interesting than that. It‘s the only set in the entire wave with new minifig potential so they hopefully don‘t cheap out like that :tongue:

I doubt any season 1 set would be hidden from retailer catalogues this later after the season's release, it's almost certainly season 2.

1 hour ago, Kit Figsto said:

Something involving Kulil would make sense (S1 spoiler)

Reveal hidden contents

because as with previous TV shows, it seems unlikely that they revisit something that isn't a "flagship" vehicle or location once it's no longer a major part of the series, so I don't see them going randomly back to S1 in a year or two, so unless they pull a Fast and Furious and/or Emperor Palpatine and decided "Just kidding!  Kulil didn't actually die!" which seems very unrealistic, I don't know when else we could get him.

But that still doesn't explain why it wasn't in the catalog.  I guess it could just be coincidence, but it also seems like it wouldn't be as secretive as the other stuff if it was from Season 1.  

Two options in the spoiler:

Spoiler

It's a very graphic Kui'll death scene, hence the season 1 spoiler and it being hidden in catalogues. :grin: 

Better yet, Kui'll does pull a palpatine, the season 2 premiere's first scene is him crawling out of the grave, walking over to the town, and screaming at Greef and Cara that his Blurrg didn't get a grave too.

But really guys, it's most likely a season 2 set, especially since it's not in the catalogue. The offworld jawas in a cartoon don't change anything, especially since they don't have new prints. A new rose figure with new prints is in the special too, and there aren't any sets for her to be in, so I doubt that these mean anything.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

So there’s a Christmas themed Millenium Falcon on #legoleaks . . . could this be a follow-up to the Yuletide X-Wing from last year? If so . . it’s kinda ugly, not like that last one which was gorgeous and I wish I could have gotten it . . 

11 minutes ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

So there’s a Christmas themed Millenium Falcon on #legoleaks . . . could this be a follow-up to the Yuletide X-Wing from last year? If so . . it’s kinda ugly, not like that last one which was gorgeous and I wish I could have gotten it . . 

There's always a possibility. However, I think the LEGO Group is generous but, not that generous to give all of their employees Falcons. I probably t's just a promo for the LEGO Ideas building competition

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The holiday special has also hinted other figures, including TROS rose, and there are no TROS sets next wave that we know of. Especially since these jawas just have the normal jawa prints with DBG parts and red eyes, I'm guessing they're just for the special.

I feel like there is definitely a chance. The offworld jawas are in-universe recolors of the Tatooine jawas, so I don't think LEGO would drastically change their designs. Also, all of the major companies have made them - Funko and Hasbro, specifically

As for Rose, she can still appear in a set or as a DK book exclusive later down the road. I would definitely say that Mala (I assume it is her) is not realistic inclusion for a physical minifigure, but the jawas and Rose are in the realm of possibilities.

Edited by avengers777

4 hours ago, Fenghuang0296 said:

That's an example image for a new competetion on Ideas

On 10/14/2020 at 9:43 AM, Redroe said:

Have you looked at ebay prices for bespin duel? Eyewatering.

I think one of the reasons why is it is actually a really good set! 

I think this is where the frustration lies with people outside North American (including me). The set is accurate, would have been affordable, cool play value and excellent minifigures. 

Why are Lego rewarding people going to a convention than to the loyal fans each year who buy the sets etc? 

This Cloud City Duel is actually better than many of the sets they have released recently including the bland Winter 2021 wave. 

The 2021 summer wave for Harry Potter has had its set numbers and prices revealed and looks expansive and interesting. Here’s hoping the Star Wars wave has something similar! 

Edited by ArrowBricks

26 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me but after this trailer I doubt the Mando set will be all that great

I don't think either trailer is indicative of what we'll get in the set. The trailers were put together fairly recently and are intentionally anemic on the details. That said, if we get a proper set based on the Imperial Trasnport with a few new figures like Mando in full Beskar, an updated Grieff Carga and maybe the blue fish guy who's apparently coming back, I'd be super down with that!

Edited by ToaDraco

Honestly the only thing I truly want and expect from The Mandalorian set is Mando in his beskar armour. The rest of the set would be just a bonus, either a nice one or not.

As people are speculating here, what if the set came with Beskar armour and perhaps a few more prominent Mandalorians from animated shows?

ITT (based on the trailer)? Never done before as traditional playset. Maybe with the new trend characterizing the X-wing and the TIE Fighter they managed to make it with 276 pieces, including some of the crew members (and, why not, a scout trooper).

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Honestly the only thing I truly want and expect from The Mandalorian set is Mando in his beskar armour. The rest of the set would be just a bonus, either a nice one or not.

Agreed!

3 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

As people are speculating here, what if the set came with Beskar armour and perhaps a few more prominent Mandalorians from animated shows?

I was thinking about the possibility of the inclusion of returning characters as well. That would surely draw more collectors to buying the set.
Would be nice if, indeed, it (also) came with the ITT.

Regards.
Mitch

11 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me but after this trailer I doubt the Mando set will be all that great

Not sure what you mean. The only thing in that trailer that could possibly be a $30 set was the ITT, which isn't a hero vehicle, so it's unlikely we've seen it yet.

Although that would make a great set, especially if we got the new cara and greef as well as the mythrol in it, maybe for $40-50.

5 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

That would be pretty cool. Given the new trailer's information about his mission, maybe a fang fighter? That's a hero vehicle that would include a mandalorian.

New trailer is amazing by the way, I'm super hyped for this show.

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Not sure what you mean. The only thing in that trailer that could possibly be a $30 set was the ITT, which isn't a hero vehicle, so it's unlikely we've seen it yet.

Although that would make a great set, especially if we got the new cara and greef as well as the mythrol in it, maybe for $40-50.

They're being pretty secretive with the Season 2 stuff, if Season 1 is anything to go by it wouldn't surprise me if the set we're getting is based on S1 and there's not really anything interesting there in terms of 'hero vehicles' imo. And even if it is the ITT that would be a letdown for me, don't hate the vehicle but I have absolutely no interest in buying it. 

As for the trailer itself, I thought it was disappointing (and looking at other reactions on the internet it looks like I'm not the only one). It's good that Disney keeps the plot so close to the chest, unlike Ep9 which was a disaster, but this trailer barely showed anything new. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

It’s not a hero vehicle by design, but it’s being piloted by our heroes, so it could count as a “hero vehicle” anyway :shrug_oh_well: Codenames like that are rather flimsy anyway. 

6 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

It’s not a hero vehicle by design, but it’s being piloted by our heroes, so it could count as a “hero vehicle” anyway :shrug_oh_well: Codenames like that are rather flimsy anyway. 

True. It could also be the speeder seen in posters along with some other build/s or something.

1 hour ago, Sir-Unicorn said:

I wonder if the new cheaper x-wing will be smaller than the previous ones

It looks like it will be around 4 studs shorter both in width and length.

6 hours ago, Sir-Unicorn said:

Thanks. I will probably give it a miss unless the pilot is good, or I need the parts.

Pilot is allegedly only Luke with R2-D2

Do we know anything new about the rumored UCS-Gunship?

If it is minifigure scale it would be quite tempting with the 501-armybuilding Set on shelves. 

1 hour ago, Makin Bacon said:

Pilot is allegedly only Luke with R2-D2

Actually I think that was based off the silhouettes, which turned out to just be the silhouettes from previous set's figure selections and not the final ones (That's where the "normal figure, protocol droid, short legs figure" rumor for the TIE came from). Obviously Luke and R2 will be in the set but the possibility of more figures is not out of the question.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

On 10/20/2020 at 6:26 PM, Mandalorianknight said:

It is Cara driving it though and looks like Karga in the gunner's seat? Fits with lego's other codenames. Death Star escape was "great vehicle escape". I could easily see it including Mando, Cara and a Scouty for 30 quid.

The ITT they did for Rebels was a great little build in a £12 battle pack. I'd like them to do a 'proper' one.

do you think Lego will release the Bespin Duel outside North America ?

in the past, did they release regional sets only or did they release a set in a region first before the rest of the world later ?

if we again get no updated Mando figure as well as no Moff Gideon until summer or next year....
Most this set needs to do is giving us full bescar Mando and two more figs; idealy Gideon or any new character and possibly again Cara

Wouldnt even be too weird - we never got a proper S2-4 Sabine (with helmet) or Ezra for Rebels

another question: do you guys and gals think Lego would updated the Mando helmet? Since it's missing the "comb" at the top and is quite minimalistic.