MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2020 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

This AT-AT is really good. Can't wait to  have it !

I don't like the print face of Veers very much (an open mouth don't suits him for me) but the torso is amazing.

The AT-AT looks pretty good IMO. The interior looks nice and the head shape doesn't bother me that much. Plus the Veers figure looks fantastic. But doesn't seem to be a big enough improvement on the 2014 to warrant the $50 price increase, though since I missed out on all the previous versions I might still consider picking this one up.

The AT-AT is kinda okay-ish for me. I like how they were able to do all the interior parts. It even fits the speederbike like the original! But for some reason it feels off... maybe it's the very skinny legs compared to the more bulkier body/head. Or maybe it's the size of the head compared to the body. Or maybe all of the above. At least my wallet will be happy. Also does anyone else feel the angle the shot was taken for the boxart is a little weird? I just feel the shot doesn't do the set all justice it deserves, much like with the AT-M6's boxart. 

Edited by Brickviller V2

23 minutes ago, Brickviller V2 said:

Also does anyone else feel the angle the shot was taken for the boxart is a little weird? I just feel the shot doesn't do the set all justice it deserves, much like with the AT-M6's boxart. 

I do think the angle doesn’t on the box art doesn’t quite do justice to the set itself. I always preferred the side on views we got with previous sets regather than the angle we’ve gotten here. But it’s a minor thing. I think it looks good. The flaps on the bottom of the head appear to fold inwards. 

I really like the build. It offer a lot better play features than the 2014 AT AT.

But I miss the Snowtrooper commander; I would have liked one more trooper anyway, and I could have lived without Luke though I understand why he is here.

The AT-AT is a definite improvement on the 2014 version for sure. I really like the playability of this model with the spaces for the speeder bike, E-Web turret, and a spacious interior for your Snowtroopers. The winch is neat too.

The price is not great, so if I decide to pick this up I’ll be waiting for it to drop around £10-20. 

The legs are slightly strange too, maybe they need bumping up a little. 

The figures are decent- can’t really expect too many new figures in a set like this. Veers’ face is annoying imo but bearable, but I hate that the Snowtrooper don’t have skirt materials or backpack pieces- they would be perfect! WHY LEGO WHY??

Overall 7.5-8/10. 

Edited by ArrowBricks

3 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

And the awards for ugliest lego sw set of the year so far goes to the ATAT... :sick:

I completely agree, I was really hyped for this set but the only thing I like about it are the speeder bike and E-Web. I'll probably just download the instructions and build those from my own or Bricklinked parts, the bike is fantastic for the Scouttrooper in the Crest though!

I had been waiting for May the 4th to purchase the Falcon with double VIP, now it's not even available for back-order :cry2: 

the AT-AT looks nice, I might pick it up, even if I have the older one, if they are aproximately the same size so they can be displayed together, nothing new with the figures =(, but nothing I expected either. 

The sales on mayth4 must be the most useless so far, actually they just took the garbage this time. None of the more expensive sets at all, I hope they change day by day, otherwise I will not purchase anything.

Someone has mentioned a few pages back that somebody hinted at more reveals/leaks in the next few days. Is that somebody one of our reliable leakers? I’m a bit sceptical because the AT-AT will soon be available for pre-order at certain places according to Stonewars, so this would indicate it was meant to revealed this soon, rather than being the first of a streak of leaks :sceptic:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

Someone has mentioned a few pages back that somebody hinted at more reveals/leaks in the next few days. Is that somebody one of our reliable leakers? I’m a bit sceptical because the AT-AT will soon be available for pre-order at certain places according to Stonewars, so this would indicate it was meant to revealed this soon, rather than being the first of a streak of leaks :sceptic:

I haven’t seen any leaker suggest it’s the beginning of Star Wars leaks. Strange that it leaked in all honesty. I don’t think the remaining sets will leak in the immediate vicinity.

6 hours ago, Brickviller V2 said:

Also does anyone else feel the angle the shot was taken for the boxart is a little weird? I just feel the shot doesn't do the set all justice it deserves.

Ever since I was a kid, it's been my opinion that Lego has a unique talent for photographing sets from the least flattering angle for the box art.  At least, it's almost always my opinion that the most flattering angle of any particular set is not the one on the box.  But that's just me!

10 hours ago, Friscorays said:

That is weird.  GWP does appear in bag with Razor Crest pre-order here in US.

I got the easter promos in-bag when I pre-ordered the Razor crest around that time. Wonder if I'll actually receive them.

9 hours ago, 0B1W4N said:

This AT-AT is really good. Can't wait to  have it !

I don't like the print face of Veers very much (an open mouth don't suits him for me) but the torso is amazing.

Yeah aside from the price my only complaint is veers looks too happy.

24 minutes ago, icm said:

Ever since I was a kid, it's been my opinion that Lego has a unique talent for photographing sets from the least flattering angle for the box art.  At least, it's almost always my opinion that the most flattering angle of any particular set is not the one on the box.  But that's just me!

Yeah, I get what they were going for but the head looks weird from that angle.

So, here in the US, on sale at lego shop.com we have:
Assorted junk (watches, keychains, bag tags, etc.)

The 4+ a-wing at $11.99

The 20th at-rt at 20% off and out of stock.

I'm severely disappointed, I believe none of these are even for may the fourth, just existing sales. Even the action battle sets are full price here!

I wanted to make a thread for this year's may the 4th but I won't put more effort into it than Lego did for their promotions.

There is zero incentive to buy something except if you can't wait to grab the a-wing, amazon has stuff regulary on 20% off and the promo set is not enough to justify it IMO.

That's a nice looking AT-AT, definitely an improvement on the last one. I have to say though I'm surprised that there's so many complaints that the legs look skinny, it looks almost identical to the legs on the last one. Looks like this is the final nail in the coffin for the new pilot helmets though, that's a shame since I thought that piece was an improvement. I really wonder what went on with that. I doubt it would have anything to do with fan complaints since we still have the new stormtrooper helmets.

38 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

I wanted to make a thread for this year's may the 4th but I won't put more effort into it than Lego did for their promotions.

There is zero incentive to buy something except if you can't wait to grab the a-wing, amazon has stuff regulary on 20% off and the promo set is not enough to justify it IMO.

:grin:
Same, this is the worst May the Fourth ever.  Pathetic, but I suspect Disney is mandating the "no sales in certain territories."
I bought the A-Wing because my birthday is on Sunday, and I had $10 VIP rewards.  That plus the GWP and double VIP points makes it worth it to me...I think.  I do truly like the A-Wing, and I can't foresee an Amazon sale for it, so I sprang for it.  I suspect I'll really enjoy it, and I'm thankful to be able to expand my Rebel Fleet.  Otherwise, I agree, if you don't want that set, this is an absolute joke of a promotion.  The only good thing I can say is that the website didn't crash for me.  :wink:

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I got the easter promos in-bag when I pre-ordered the Razor crest around that time. Wonder if I'll actually receive them.

The trick is to add something in stock but cheap. They will ship the in-stock item and the GWP immediately. Otherwise, you run the significant risk that they're out of stock of the GWP when they ship the pre-order item. I do not know that they have the ability to set aside the GWP for months. I could be wrong though.

12 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Pathetic, but I suspect Disney is mandating the "no sales in certain territories."

I know it is fashionable for some of you to blame Disney for all the ills in the world, but the more likely (and less conspiracy theorist) explanation is the fact that factories and shipments are disrupted, demand for Lego is through the roof given everyone is stuck at home with nothing to do and kids to entertain, and Lego simply sees no upside in discounting what stock they have left to sell. 

What piece did the designer used for Luke's harpoon gun, and is it attached to some kind of string or what?

For the May the 4th event: I wonder tomorrow's offers will be the same as today's or something different, 'cause our hungarian website states them as daily offers.

Edited by Anak

14 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I know it is fashionable for some of you to blame Disney for all the ills in the world, but the more likely (and less conspiracy theorist) explanation is the fact that factories and shipments are disrupted, demand for Lego is through the roof given everyone is stuck at home with nothing to do and kids to entertain, and Lego simply sees no upside in discounting what stock they have left to sell. 

You may be correct.  I wasn't trying to foment conspiracy theories, it's just what I thought.

14 minutes ago, Anak said:

What piece did the designer used for Luke's harpoon gun, and is it attached to some kind of string or what?

For the May the 4th event: I wonder tomorrow's offers will be the same as today's or something different, 'cause our hungarian website states them as daily offers.

Its possible for ya'll. As for the U.S., a Reddit user who called Lego customer service discovered there sadly won't be any discount offers for us. Not sure how much credibility I'd give to a Reddit user, but considering we haven't had any discounts, I believe him to be correct. I think @jdubbs explanation makes the most sense as to why that is. Ah well, perhaps Force Friday will be different for us.

I didn't think there were going to be any deal because there is a shortage of Star Wars sets, and it looks like it's that way with other themes such as Harry Potter and speed champions

The WALKING PYLONS (geez, don't call the legs ^^) don't differ that much from the previous version. Same width and thinkness, the thighs grew 1 stud in length, the lower legs have the same length, the feet became 1 plate thinner. The feet seem to be 2 studs wider, because the toes grew from 1 stud to 2 studs. The "skinny legs" some of you see might be more of an illusion. The body got at least 2 studs longer (and much better proportioned), maybe that adds to the impression. Stonewars has a before/after slide, so see yourself. I love the minifigs, the whole set is cool.

Edited by m4st3rt3ch

1 hour ago, autolycus said:

The trick is to add something in stock but cheap. They will ship the in-stock item and the GWP immediately. Otherwise, you run the significant risk that they're out of stock of the GWP when they ship the pre-order item. I do not know that they have the ability to set aside the GWP for months. I could be wrong though.

Question: will this work if I was to cancel and re-pre-order the razorcrest using that trick?