3 minutes ago, Jim said:

I really like it.

Me too, but question was about it's functionality: this part called Connector, so what does it can connect?:classic:

3 minutes ago, Seasider said:

It’s useful as a spacer between liftarms.

True, but butter to insert other more functional one. 

What I discovered is that you can put on this connectors to the flex axles! And they cost cheaper than white bushes, for example. 
To stay in topic - why TLG put this grey one inside the 911 interior - mystery.

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

Perhaps they had to use this connector at all cost. Then they have to cover the 1/3 of the connector somehow...

32054.png

1 hour ago, Jim said:

... I will probably have some help building the smaller sets, so some building will be done simultaneously. ...

If it's any help to you, I volunteer to help you building and/or assist during the photoshoots. You can PM me if needed.

Edited by Cumulonimbus

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

Me too, but question was about it's functionality: this part called Connector, so what does it can connect?:classic:

Fair point :laugh: It's more like a bush than a connector.

22 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

If it's any help to you, I volunteer to help you building and/or assist during the photoshoots. You can PM me if needed.

Actually, I sometimes think about organizing a building weekend and make it a joined review effort. However, usually building the models (I do have some help) and taking pictures only takes up a bit of my time. But it definitely crossed my mind, and I will keep it in mind.

Sorry, bit off-topic.

I apologize to whoever I may insult as my suggestion leads to one less review :laugh:

But seeing as the pullbacks are always rather small and have a combined B-model, why not do both of them in one combined review?
Both A-models, functions (or lack thereof) and impressions + combined B-model and its ditto.

The pullbacks don't exactly make for a long review anyway.

I'm fairly confident that 42094-B was inspired by:

46710873_10156586522796327_7639402129748

18 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Is it so hard to make a tilted steering wheel?

Whilst the low, horizontal, far back steering wheel positions in 42056 and 42083 aren't particularly realistic, in 42096 it is representative of a GTE car steering wheel position, the seat will also be lower, further back and flatter than in a road car too.

16 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

I will be the first to admit the cockpit of the Porchse does appear to be abit of a mess.

Racecar interiors are pretty messy compared to road cars, function over form.

4 hours ago, Aleh said:

I think it's representing the nozzle of the driver's air conditioning duct.

46675954_10156586522791327_1216331731750

21 minutes ago, Les_Paul said:

I think it's representing the nozzle of the driver's air conditioning duct.

46675954_10156586522791327_1216331731750

Right, plus this photo is a real 911 RSR interior, by the way, so it has no anything "well-known" comfort stuff inside but only some LEDs, switches and air conditioning outlets (yeah, it's too hot inside).

6 hours ago, Les_Paul said:

Racecar interiors are pretty messy compared to road cars, function over form.

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was talking about it being a mess LEGO wise not race car wise. I guess if you squint your eyes just right while consuming alcohol, it does bare a resemblance to that picture. 

As I also said it is hard to visualize a 3D environment from just a picture. I feel like you quoted me out of context, missing my whole point.

Edited by Johnny1360

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I was talking about it being a mess LEGO wise not race car wise. I guess if you squint your eyes just right while consuming alcohol, it does bare a resemblance to that picture

As I also said it is hard to visualize a 3D environment from just a picture. I feel like you quoted me out of context, missing my whole point.

Sorry on my part, that wasn't my intention at all.

I guess I was trying to give a reason for the messy Lego interior.

35 minutes ago, Les_Paul said:

Sorry on my part, that wasn't my intention at all.

I guess I was trying to give a reason for the messy Lego interior.

Not a big deal at all and it was a valid point. I am actually looking forward to seeing it in person, I have a feeling it won't seem so messy and in reality appear to be a fair representation of the actual car. 

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Nobody wants it, that's why.

Good. Hopefully that will show Lego that City sets belong in the City theme, and not in Technic.

On 11/21/2018 at 4:46 AM, Cumulonimbus said:

personally I would like to see more Claas, Arocs and Volvo like sets instead of car brands, because they provide a good balance between realism and functions.

Couldn't agree more, Pure Functionality Set are my favorites. I adore Claas, Arocs and Volvo like sets as well.

I have no problem seeing LEGO s trend in recent year of pleasing "FASHION" side of audiences, As these Licensed Super Car (or the Nice looking MACK truck) sets have been gaining lots of attentions for TECHNIC.

But we just had the amazing summer sets lineup from 2018, Thumbs up to LEGO!

I only hope that they would continue to mix in Functionality focus Sets :-) ( oh and PLEASE PLEASE continue making Pneumatic Sets!! )

I also notice the increasing amount of pieces for sets just to "FILL" gaps... to me, the beauty of Technic is to use just efficient enough resources to capture the essence of subject.

Edited by jojotakeda

22 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Yes but is surprises me that it was so unpopular that Lego feel it will save them money to not make it, rather than let it run for its full 2 years.

14 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Yes but is surprises me that it was so unpopular that Lego feel it will save them money to not make it, rather than let it run for its full 2 years.

Im more surprised that sets like 42061 got canned after only a year, it by far wasnt a weak set, and not anywhere near as bad as 76

Keeping a set in stock for lego isnt just about cost, it is also about opportunity cost, if they have to use warehouse space and production capacity  for supply of parts etc.. for 42076, they can not use that same space/capacity for sets which might sell better. Pure cost/benefit only works if you can linearly and endlessly scale your production capacity at the same cost, and that is just not how this works.

23 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I like it, really wasn't as bad as you think. The build was quite enjoyable. 

13 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

I like it, really wasn't as bad as you think. The build was quite enjoyable. 

It is good parts pack, but I think this conversation belongs to 2018 sets tread more than here ?

42089, 42090, 42091 and 42092 are showing on the French Lego website but individual pages aren't working yet.

3 minutes ago, tohan said:

42089, 42090, 42091 and 42092 are showing on the French Lego website but individual pages aren't working yet.

Same for UK shop

Same for the dutch shop, good to see €30 for the heli and €15 for the boat confirmed

Also 42069 and loads of others are marked as leaving soon (but 42070 isnt!), also some decent sales going on, 20-30% off on all technic except PF, even the Chiron is €80 off!

Here is a list of new parts and re-colours that I have personally found for Technic 2019 models

There might be some errors but here's what I got:

New parts:
Technic wheel arch 2x3x5x9 (white) (42096)
Technic wheel arch 2x3x5x7 (orange) (42093)
Technic sprocket 1x3x7 (yellow) (42095)

New colours:
Technic 1x1 beam with friction pin 1L (white) (42096)
Technic curved panel 1x3x13 (white) (42096)
Technic engine crank with axle 1.5L (orange) (42096)
Technic 1x5 liftarm thin with axle holes at ends (white) (42096) (42088)
Technic Curved panel 1x3x5x7 in white (42092)
Technic Connector with two axles at 90 degrees in orange (42088)
Possibly: Technic connector with axle at in black  (42096)

Rare colours: 
Technic #2 axle connector in yellow (70829) (not a Technic set but heh)
Technic Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular Double Split (42088)

Edited by SNIPE