23 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Since you have both, any chance you could share a pic of them side by side?

I don't actually have both, I only have the BWE. this is just a pic I found online

Still waiting for a release of this model in India. With the Indian currency loosing value almost everyday, who knows what will be the asking price for this model. Once thing is for sure that it will be priced extremely high and I might buy it on one of my trips abroad.

I've a bit of a problem, I'm usually missing a brick here or there when building the flagship sets, but usually I just find I've not paid attention and used the wrong part somewhere in the build, resulting in some parts left over and some missing.  I can usually work it out.  However this year I have a big problem, and I know Lego offer a missing pieces service, but it should not be possible.  I'm actually missing an entire bag of parts.  One of the 3 bag 11's.  It's the one with the lift arms and panels.  

If I was Lego I'd be thinking, yeah he is just trying it on.  but I genuinely am missing them.  The set was brand new, I broke the seals.  I've been careful, and not lost a bag around the house.  I built it at the table.  

I've dropped Lego an email, so I'll see what they say.  But it was my understanding they weigh the sets on the production line to highlight missing bags like this? 

The next problem is I purchased 3 of these sets on 3 for 2 at Argos in the UK.  What are the odds that all 3 sets are missing bricks?  I plan on opening 2 of the sets, but I plan to keep the 3rd for a rainy day.  Anyone happen to know the precise weight of the sealed box?  It was missing from the review.  

Using this review, I've identified this as the missing bag.  What a nightmare!

29581519758_c45c687a3f_o.jpg

My rather sad looking crane

img_3051.jpg

4 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

My rather sad looking crane

img_3051.jpg

I usually don't quote pictures, but in the one I did quote there's a bag with regular red Technic bricks. Are you sure you didn't just overlook something? As far as I remember those are only in the bag that you said was missing. Maybe there was a wrong number on one of your bags. My set had a bag number 9 that was missing the "." which is why I thought it was a 6. I was wondering why I had so many pieces left over.

I built this set on the 25th. It's definitely one of my LEGO highlights of 2018. I bought it for the parts but may end up buying a 2nd set and keeping the crane assembled. Even my mom liked it.

What I don't like about this set:

• stickers instead of prints
  • orange and green bits, blue pins, red and yellow axles where they don't belong/stick out visually
  • two rubber bands that aren't easily replaceable
  • only one function usable at a time
  • no mention of how to take off the top section when you want to build the B model (as far as I'm aware)

I too got this set for xmas (and love it a lot), all my bags were present and correct. Think i was missing 1 red double pin/single axle (don't know it proper name! you know the thing, a 3l connector..), but to be honest, it could turn up under the sofa..

11 hours ago, 3797 said:

I usually don't quote pictures, but in the one I did quote there's a bag with regular red Technic bricks. Are you sure you didn't just overlook something? As far as I remember those are only in the bag that you said was missing. Maybe there was a wrong number on one of your bags. My set had a bag number 9 that was missing the "." which is why I thought it was a 6. I was wondering why I had so many pieces left over.

There is another 11-bag containing regular Technic bricks, so that could explain:

IMG_7031

While I haven't built this set, I have noticed a disturbing trend in Technic sets recently. In 42070 I got an azure jumper plate instead of a black connector block, in 42080 it was a window pane instead of a 3L blue pin, and didn't @LucyCol run out of those while building the Mack? Not to mention @Jim's run-in with the melted flex axle in 42068... :look:

21 minutes ago, m00se said:

There is another 11-bag containing regular Technic bricks, so that could explain:

I think there were 3 bag number 11's based on the review.  I do have the one with the dog bones, it's the panels and long beams I'm missing.  Just seems amazing this can be missing.  But I assume these large sets are packed into the boxes by hand.  So it must be possible for the workers to forget the odd bag, it must be a mundane task.

I've just finished the build and I like the crane a lot, once completed i think it looks good in red and black.It looks better in real life than on pictures. It's something different and fresh in red, compared to the previous cranes in yellow. The functions switch is indeed not so handy but the functions in itself work flawlesly with quite heavy loads.

As a first mod I've installed the iron lego hook, which does look better on this crane, one day I do would like to make a three-part boom and maybe a secondary hook. With the advent of the new larger sprocket wheels a track version of this crane is defenitely a possibility and a must-build.

I hope one day TLG would make larger pistons, because these look a bit out of scale.

All in All, a good buy and a nice crane, I hope TLG would make a lot more cranes in the future

12 hours ago, gvo25 said:

I hope one day TLG would make larger pistons

Do you mean the linear actuators or engine pistons? If its the LA's, i think there's scope for a couple extra sizes, one between the current 2 for sure.. the size difference from small to big is a big step.

Received this at Christmas from my family and currently building it and have reached the stage for building the crane boom.

During the build so far I have come across several instances of missing parts mainly small items & connector pins.

All parts packages opened and ensured all contents removed before re-cycling the plastic bags.

As I have a good parts inventory I could quickly replaced the missing parts rather than have the hassle of ordering from Lego at this time of year.
 I expect LEGO is being inundated with requests for replacements for missing, so completing this Flagship Model will be delayed.

I can imagine anyone trying to building this with only the parts supplied in the box will be very frustrating, disappointed and wondering why.

There have been reports of incorrect motor (M instead of L), whole package missing (No. 11) and missing small parts.

Also some aspects of the build are unusual for Technic:
There are aslo a number of odd issues using blue pin/axle where a 2L pin would normally be used.
Many of the 6055630 connectors with two pins and hole could replaced by plain black 3L beam with 3 x 2L pins.

At step 845 page 121 book 2
Just discovered eight pce. 4 x 1 red tiles for the boom are missing !!, replaced from my stock.

This is not good enough for a expensive model and shall be complaining to Lego.

Edited by Doug72

12 minutes ago, Aleh said:

@Doug72 Where have you bought your set? Was it sealed?

Main Box & internal box were sealed and all packages inside un-opened, 
Purchased from Amazone UK by my daughter at a very good price.

Edited by Doug72

30 minutes ago, Doug72 said:

I can imagine anyone trying to building this with only the parts supplied in the box will be very frustrating,

Nope. I had 1 possible missing pin, but not confirmed as could be under a rug.. other than that, it was complete.

(in the interest of balance.. not disputing anyone else's experience)

I've just finished book #1 and there is still nothing missing. I also purchased it at Amazon UK for around 115-120 pounds (I guess it was the same offer).

Missing parts mystery solved !!!
Checked through the next stage for building the boom amd many more lots of parts apparently missing & concluded there must be  a small package missing.

Tipped out main box that still had packages for stages 12 & 13 inside and finally found a small no. 11 package tucked under a box flap.
So for stage 11 there are 3 packages.

Perhaps Lego should include an inventry of the number of packages there should be for each stage.
Not all people would have access to Jim's review.

Edited by Doug72

I bought my 42082 in the end of july, fortunately there were no parts missing. In the process of building it there were several steps i was convinced some parts would be missing, but in the end i just made some faults a few sites back.

But the thing is: Usually there are not many spare parts in Lego sets. As for example, at the time my 42056 Porsche was finished, there was no blue 3L pin left, there was just so many pins as you needed, not one spare pin. I think especially the big and expensive sets could get a few spare parts, not the big expensive ones, but the small and many ones. That pieces easily slip from the table or under the carpet. Building a Lego set is fun, but it would be very frustrating if you can´t finish it because of missing parts. Although you can order missing parts for free, the time delay until you get them woud be very annoying. Just my opinion.

@Doug72 for some inexplicable reason you reminded me of this guy :laugh:

I built the ucs falcon over Christmas and a few times I thought there was a part missing but nope, every piece was there. Out of about 200 sets I've had one set with a bag missing in 1998, so missing bags are rare but I have had it happen to me years ago.

5 hours ago, Doug72 said:

Tipped out main box that still had packages for stages 12 & 13 inside and finally found a small no. 11 package tucked under a box flap.
So for stage 11 there are 3 packages.

Perhaps Lego should include an inventry of the number of packages there should be for each stage.

I wish I'd been that lucky.  Still no reply from Lego today.  Guess they are dealing with a bit of a backlog!   

I agree, a bag inventory would be good.  Or better number the bags so there are not 3 of the same number.  I'm just waiting to try and explain which of the 3 bags is missing.

6 minutes ago, paul_delahaye said:

I agree, a bag inventory would be good.  Or better number the bags so there are not 3 of the same number.  I'm just waiting to try and explain which of the 3 bags is missing.

Check out the first post in this thread with the review by Jim, it shows all the packages laid out but not in order.

There should be two large 11 bags & a small one about 5” x 3”.

I still had some other small parts, axles & connector pins missing from other bags, which I replaced from my parts stock.

If more than one bag per stage should 11- 1 of-3 / 11-2 of 3 / 11- 3 of 3 or A,B,C