6 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

This is a Technic set. Of course it has functions.

@Erik Leppen was asking if someone has seen functions being operated. The answer is: No.

17 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Both the negative vibe yesterday and the positive vibe today are based on photo's of the box alone. The front and the back side of the box show the whole car. The back side also shows some details of the engine, the new disc brake piece (most likely a new rotating half for the existing hub with axle holes, known from the CLAAS and the Porsche), seats / mid-console with a shifter and the dashboard / steering wheel. As the box seems to lack further images of the inside, there is speculation about whether or not there will be a gearbox inside. The rear side image also shows a spoiler that is most likely adjustable.

Yes, both on the front side (front view) and on the back side (rear view) this appears to be the case. So watch out for side walk curbs when you're going to park this model :wink:.

I think this is most likely because it means they aren't throwing away a mold that was only recently made and makes it better by releasing a new half to it. I just hope they release a tool as well to make it easier to remove the two halves from each other.

5 minutes ago, Jack Bloomer said:

I think this is most likely because it means they aren't throwing away a mold that was only recently made and makes it better by releasing a new half to it. I just hope they release a tool as well to make it easier to remove the two halves from each other.

I think so too. Such a tool would indeed be nice. I'm also still hoping the new hub-half will come with an improved CV-joint, which can handle a little more angle than the existing version, but I fear I'm asking too much. I do still expect this model to be 4WD though.

Both pictures are uploaded to my Flickr, if anyone was still in the dark as to where to find them.

(Mods remove if even this is not allowed)

2 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

...watch out for side walk curbs when you're going to park this model :wink:.

No kerbing allowed. We’re a careful bunch :wink:

IMG_1195.JPG

Edited by grum64

13 minutes ago, aminnich said:

for the exhausted, id guess this part 

131756e9d96f6f5a6c05bf23438b2ace.jpg?151

Woah! That hasn't been used since the mighty 8265 loader back in '09. Talk about a long absence. Good to see it again though.

17 minutes ago, aminnich said:

for the exhausted, id guess this part 

131756e9d96f6f5a6c05bf23438b2ace.jpg?151

Thanks and indeed it does look like that piece.  I don't recall ever seeing the piece before even though I have sets which have it. :laugh:

It could also be used for intakes on the side of a supercar.

35 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

I think so too. Such a tool would indeed be nice. I'm also still hoping the new hub-half will come with an improved CV-joint, which can handle a little more angle than the existing version, but I fear I'm asking too much. I do still expect this model to be 4WD though.

Totally Agree

So the wheel rotors are in fact new hubs. I guess that means that they will also work with the Porsche wheels with 3 black friction pins.

36 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

If the model is in fact 4WD(which it should be) I expect that the steering radius to be pretty bad. That is if they are using the standard CV joints. Or maybe these new rotor hubs will improve on that?

35 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

Both pictures are uploaded to my Flickr, if anyone was still in the dark as to where to find them.

(Mods remove if even this is not allowed)

What's your flickr profile?

Prepare for large steering radius folks. Look closely at the picture with the disc brake. To the left you can see the standard steering limiter made with a half pin 1x5 and two yellow half bush...

1 hour ago, Erik Leppen said:

Have there been any people here who have seen the car in real? From them, I wonder, have they only seen it, or have they also had the option to check it out more closely? As in, seen someone operate it and tell about the functions, for example? Are there people who know anything about its functions? I don't have to know about the functions (that will come in June), I just would like to be assured that the positivity comes from more than just the bodywork.

There must be. It was mentioned a few pages back that we were going to see special things in a week. :laugh: This was after the initial leak.

I think the rear wing is going to be adjustable and it will fold away.

5 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

Like 8070?

No. I imagine à link between sequential gearbox and spoiler. Spoiler would be some indicator on wich speed is engaged. ...

I must admit it is very amusing to see all speculations and hype for this car. In my luxury position regarding whether to buy it or not, i just sit back and enjoy the show, I am not buying this. (funny because it's true, thanks again buwizz!)

I love what we have seen by now but i am sure we will still be surprised by it on the 1st of june, it is a supercar after all! I am a bit sad that the images got leaked but they did a amazing job keeping it secret so long and i think they live up to the hype for now, i cannot wait to build and mod this one!

I’m thinking the spoiler/brake will extend as you shift through the gears and maybe flip up when you push the (fake) brake pedal. At least that would be how I would do it.

Definitely got a deplorable spoiler, it’s down in 1 picture and up in the other. I’m hoping it also goes into braking position too.

oh I’ve seen the car ... well the full size Chiron I mean at Frankfurt motor show last year :)

You guys heard the Lego Technic podcast?

If you want to hear the whole story behind the new LEGO Technic version of the Bugatti Chiron then listen to the new LEGO Technic Podcast series. If you subscribe now via one of the providers listed below, all nine episodes will be available in your feed 1st June.

iTunes: https://lego.build/iTunesTechnic
Google play (US ONLY): https://lego.build/GooglePlayTechnic
Stitcher: https://lego.build/StitcherTechnic
blubrry: https://lego.build/BlubrryTechnic
acast: https://lego.build/AcastTechnic
Spotify: https://lego.build/SpotifyTechnic
TuneIn: https://lego.build/TuneInTechnic