12 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

I'm refering to a statement of zusammengebaut.com 

Sweet! Thanks.

To be fair the part count doesn't jump significantly between 42055 and 42082. 42055 has 3929 parts, while 42082 only has 4057 parts. It isn't very hard to add a hundred of pins and system parts and tits and bits.

The same can't be said for the moment when 42055 was introduced. The second largest at that time was 42043 with a mere 2793. So the part count shot up by 1200 pieces. That is something groundbreaking.

Apparently the 42080 has a new two way valve! I was already sure it had a new valve, but a two way valve? Hmmmm. In real world pneumatics the current valve would probably be classed as a 3 port 3 way valve as it had 3 pneumatic ports and three positions (up, down and blocked, although in reality it's actually an infinite number of possible positions between up and down). Three ways would be the minimum this new valve has, so by 2 way, do they mean something other than the number of positions it has? Or is it just what they are calling it? Also, reports from toy fair says the head is "automated" so to me that means it does more that just open and close, or does it? I dunno. Hmmmmm.

4 minutes ago, allanp said:

Apparently the 42080 has a new two way valve! I was already sure it had a new valve, but a two way valve? Hmmmm. In real world pneumatics the current valve would probably be classed as a 3 port 3 way valve as it had 3 pneumatic ports and three positions (up, down and blocked, although in reality it's actually an infinite number of possible positions between up and down). Three ways would be the minimum this new valve has, so by 2 way, do they mean something other than the number of positions it has? Or is it just what they are calling it? Also, reports from toy fair says the head is "automated" so to me that means it does more that just open and close, or does it? I dunno. Hmmmmm.

I'd say it means the blades on the cutting head spin.

3 minutes ago, efferman said:

A doktor Brick Member was in nuremberg and made a sketch of the new valve and i have made a small moccup in inventor

dreams come true

That setup is definitely more logical than the current one :thumbup:

1 minute ago, jwarner said:

So what kind of applications are we going to see with this valve?

Significantly easier attachment to gears and therefore simpler valve motorisation. This is insanely useful to us

13 minutes ago, efferman said:

A doktor Brick Member was in nuremberg and made a sketch of the new valve and i have made a small moccup in inventor

dreams come true

Yahh! I need to check out 42080 again, that's awesome!

Just now, dimaks13 said:

42079 is 49.99€.

Great news, I like it already.

That new valve looks very good, it will be possible to place them one to each other. I hope the force required to switch it will be (much) lower than V2 switch. I have bunch of them and all of them moves very badly

I just finished the tour inside the LEGO stand in Nuremberg...

the Chiron was not there, unfortunately (only a teasing poster)... but all of the other new sets was shown...

I confirm:

- new power founctions 2.0 on train (controllable both by app or by means of a new remote)

- new pneumatic valves with axle hole to control them (as already stated before)

- the Volvo will be fully manual... but it’ BIG (bigger than the CLAAS)

- the secondary model of the Volvo will be a Volvo autonomous truck

- Forest thingy have PF motorized compressor, with two valves for boom and pinch/blade (blade is pneumatic, too).

- forest harvester secondary model will be a forest manipulator

- the crane is HUGE.... no HUGER!

PF motorized with only one L motor.

all functions controlled with both function and direction control by a single lever (boom elevation, extension and winch).

have 4 wheels steering, 8V fake engine and motorized superstructure turning and stabilizer deployment.

Just now, Rikus said:

have 4 wheels steering, 8V fake engine and motorized superstructure turning and stabilizer deployment.

4 wheel drive or just RWD/ FWD? Also, 1 stage or 2 stage outriggers?

Why can't this year be last year??? So many awesome things, so befitting for the 40th anniversary.

Back to the sets:

- What is "forest manipulator" supposed to be?

2 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What is "forest manipulator" supposed to be?

Maybe a forwarder. It does look like you could build one with what you get in the main model.

Edited by Maaboo35

7 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

4 wheel drive or just RWD/ FWD? Also, 1 stage or 2 stage outriggers?

More importantly what size are the dog bones :laugh:

Edited by Cardboy