8 minutes ago, Ivan_M said:

Yay for DBG panels.. On the other hand, I don't get why TLG keeps two molds for same part - curved 11x3 panel - here we have older mold in yellow on yach, while there exist better newer mold with more pinholes that is not used, why??

Because the more holey one has less surface area for stickers.

And is ugly as butts

Jim will love the catamaran :tongue:, a lot of new dark azure pieces:

1x7 beam
1x9 beam
1x13 beam
3x5 half beam, quarter ellipse
3x11 curved panels #5 & #6
and something with a 3L length, like the 3x5 beam or a dogbone frame

Just now, Ivan_M said:

Those protruding 2L axles near rudder are just plain ugly

That's not a 2L axle, that's a 3L pin with 1L axle in red.

Where are you getting the info about 42084?

It's not listed as a set for 2018 H1 at least, so doubt we'll see that before summer 2018.

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

That's not a 2L axle, that's a 3L pin with 1L axle in red.

Oh yes, good spot! One thin 2L liftarm wouldn't hurt..

2 minutes ago, degenerate said:

It's not listed as a set for 2018 H1 at least, so doubt we'll see that before summer 2018.

It IS listed.

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Would someone tell me what the bloody hell 42071's B-model is? It looks like a motor scraper did the nasty with a flatbed truck!

...and it's obviously missing a crane!

29 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Jim will love the catamaran :tongue:, a lot of new dark azure pieces:

1x7 beam
1x9 beam
1x13 beam
3x5 half beam, quarter ellipse
3x11 curved panels #5 & #6
and something with a 3L length, like the 3x5 beam or a dogbone frame

I do indeed like it :laugh: 

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If you like it then you should put a crane on it :laugh:

:laugh: 

Hmm. Well, here's my 2p:

42071 - A bit too bright and colorful. On the one hand at least it's not yellow, but on the other hand it looks a tad too clashing and toyish. May sell better to a younger audience, and entice them into technic I suppose.
42072/3 - I can't help thinking that the designers ran out of ideas here. I appreciate it allows siblings to have a fair race etc, something I would definitely have enjoyed when I was younger, but 2 models almost identical seems a bit of a cop-out.
42074 - Don't open sailing vessels of this type usually have tillers connected to their rudders rather than steering wheels? I suppose the latter allows for a more interesting mechanism, but it looks odd.  Also, consider that none of the photos are taken from the other side, where the sails are supported be beams/axles etc, and won't look as good. They would be hard to keep taught otherwise though, and the boom-shifting mechanism looks interesting too. And the colours are a good bonus here, I love the combination, even if the transition curve is a couple of well-designed stickers. My favourite of this bunch of sets.
42084 - I has expecting this to be my favourite. I think it could have looked a bit better, it's strange without any underframe detail. Even 8065 managed an 'interesting' worm drive mechanism, rather than a simple 1:1 gear train. Good modding potential, however, I might try to combine new with the old.

53 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Would someone tell me what the bloody hell 42071's B-model is? It looks like a motor scraper did the nasty with a flatbed truck!

Uuh, probably just that... :laugh:

41 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

If you like it then you should put a crane on it :laugh:

Love it!

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Is the pulley system an example of overengineering? I think the control can be built with just gears and knobs.

:snip:

They were probably just trying to put some realism into it. It looks like that in real life!

The sailboat looks bigger than the first pictures. I like the color, and I’m happy to see a sailboat for once. 

Why do we need the 2L axle pin in red?!?!? Lego, why do you continue with the color barf?

Other than that, the sets don't interest me that much,but are okay, except for the pullback racers, which look atrocious. Also, would someone please explain to me why the red pullback has way more red parts over the Lime one, which only has 4 lime parts?

I hope we're seeing images for the bigger sets soon, those are of higher interest to me.

If I get one of these sets (that we have official images of) I'd be getting the racing boat, which has a decent parts selection without too much color vomit. And maybe the little dump truck just for the panels in Dark Bley. But first I need to see photos of the bigger sets....

So, it looks like both the 2L pin with axle and the 3L pin with 1L axle will be available in red? And the 3L smooth driving ring connector will be available in LBG.

Someone should make a list of all the recolors. I have a feeling we will be getting a bunch of recolors and no new molds again. Hopefully, the recolors will be rounding out current colors, and not adding another shade of blue.

I'm not usually keen on Technic but that sailboat looks amazing, And It reminds me of the Americas cup boats .

Where do peoplesee the 2L axle pin in red? I only see the 3L axle pin (with 2L pin) in red. Not sure what justifies the recolor, it was fine in dark gray, but we're not gonna stop it, I suppose...

None of the sets look really enticing, maybe the sailboat the most so, but it depends on two single-purpose pieces and relies on stickers for looks. Too bad. But at least it's an original subject with, as it seems, interesting functions. But the stickers and sails seriously limit the options for B models (as you can see). I'm very glad though that dark azure is extended. So I might be getting it just for that. The other sets don't seem to contain noteworthy parts, except maybe the dozer.

14 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

It IS listed.

Sorry, what I meant was that it's not listed anywhere in the spreadsheet with all the H1 models that I got from TLG.

Might be that it won't be available in Sweden, but that seems odd.