Kai NRG

Eslandola Colonial Council Campaigns - First Cycle, 617

The following positions are open to campaigning:
Independent
 - any Eslandian, not a member of a TC

Region A (Sea of Storms: An Toli, An Holli)
 - any Eslandian, resident of (i.e. owning a residence in) region A

Region B (Sea of Thieves: Nelissa, Berreli, Ferro Azure, Torrach Bonn, Isla Philippe)
 - any Eslandian, resident of region B

Region C (Prio Sea: Isla de la Victoria, Otoño, La Sombra)
 - any Eslandian, resident of region C

Admius Legistrad
 - any Eslandian

To campaign, post in this topic following this pattern:

Position
Name of Your Character
Picture of Your Character (background MOC acceptable: 8x8 minimum required for Admius Legistrad)
Brief Backstory/Credentials

For Example:
Admius Legistrad
Fernando Augusto VII
30793458861_748471dfd4.jpg
Fallen, fallen is Eslandian greatness!  Doomed be the day that shines upon the hideous pageant of a King campaigning for his Kingdom!  Can there be any question that I, Fernando Augusto VII of anti-Oleon fame, am by my hereditary and divine right, the most suitable Head of Eslandola?  Must my pedigree be explained to the common herd?  Ah, woe worth the hour!  Woe worth the day!

Be it known then, that I, Fernando Augusto, sometime King of Eslandola, descendant of a long line of Kings, now fallen - alas! - upon evil days, am worthy of the position of Admius Legistrad, firstly: for my unparalleled diplomatic skills: secondly: for my astonishing ability to conciliated rival trade companies: thirdly, for my capacity for extensive and bombastic sentences: fourthly... because... because if you don't elect me, I'll do something crazy!  Oh!  I could eat my nightcap!
Elect me!!

Fernando Augusto
Fernando Augusto
Sad King without a Crown

Once a few opponents have posted, feel free to retaliate with some good ol' fashioned trashtalking!  Non-campaigners are welcome to participate in the debate as well!

Campaigning opportunity ends 31st December.

Prio Seas Representative

Maximilian Damaximus
Lord of Trador & Stedor
Prince of La Sombra & Ximus (region around Stedor)
CEO of MAESTRO

30980314570_d9300fe867_c.jpg

Hooray for the Royal Democratic Nation of Eslandola! As one of the founding fathers of this new democracy, it would be no more than common sense to be in the Eslandola Colonial Council. My newly founded settlement Trador is already a town, attracting people from all nations! It is not surprising it is the most flourishing Eslandolan town in the Prio Seas! My goal is to make our Prio Seas Region a strong and proud part of Eslandola. My good relations with Prio (I fought in their war), Corrington and Oleon will help me fullfilling my goals!

Hooray for the Royal Democratic Nation of Eslandola! Hooray for Lord Maximilian Damaximus!

"claps excitedly, grabs popcorn and rotten vegetables and sits at the front row waiting for all the booing to start"

And, after a nerve-rackingly close debate and discussion, and an election rivaling in excitement the most intense of all other elections, it has been decided that, by a hair's breath... .... ...

Just kidding, we ETWC members are very courteous and brilliant, and settle our elections in the Eslandolan way, namely by paying all the other candidates not to run and...

Oh wait :grin:  Ahem!  What I meant to say, anyways, was that Colonel Brickinson has unanimously been elected the ETWC representative for the first cycle of the Colonial Council:

29780893163_16129c13b6.jpg

And that with him go the brilliant George and Alberto da Pontelli (George insisted that he should be first):

30326526681_5b69d60804.jpg

All we can do is hope that they won't be all alone in the Council room when the intense elections come to an end (though I'm sure they'd be able to handle it all just fine...) :grin: :laugh:

As newly appointed Director of the MCTC, Governor Willem Guilder (right) will represent the MCTC in the first Colonial Council. For the other two seats in the MCTC delegation, Guilder is calling upon Aaron van der Meede (center), a young lawyer who serves on the Weelond town council; and Philip “Pip” Janszen (left), captain of the Far Horizon and lifelong member of the MCTC.

council_members.jpg

Colonel Oystridge have decided to run as The Sea of Storms representative. With his history of being an officer in Weelonds defence, and now Major of Bardo, he knows the regions needs well. He'll bring Weelond beer and snacks from Bardo to the council meetings, should he be elected. In his experience he have discovered that it is always easier to take hard decisions when you have satisfied your hunger.

24856210562_ac456f3e90.jpg

After hefty debates (well, we all had the same idea from the beginning...) MAESTRO has decided to send me, Jerome Monezterrell as our representative into the Colonial Council. Captain Lamar Evercrees of the Santiago and Farrucio Paraja, the one responsible for designing most of our ships, will join me to occupy our other 2 seats.

31143440254_b13e8a539b_z.jpg

Román Esteban Fontonajo

Mayor of Nova Terreli
Governor of Nellisa
Member of the MCTC

Candidacy for Sea of Thieves representative
Candidacy for Admius Legistrad

Slogan: Go Beyond

31866616791_4c85f44ffe_z.jpg

Campaign

Part 1 - The Highest Position
Part 2 - Glorious New World
Part 3 - Handling Business
Part 4 - Winning the people
Part 5 - The Candidate
Part 6 - The Safe Harbour Plan
Part 7 - Beyond
Part 8 - The Launching
Part 9 - Denied
Part 10 - Admius Legistrad

Program

1. Pioneers' Funding - sponsoring new properties with 5.000 DBs to increase the monthly revenue by 1.000 DBs in three months.
2. Shipwrights' Glory - invest 3.000 DBs in the navy to own 10 more ships of class 4+.
3. Safe Harbour Plan - secret
4. Fortification Raisement - set up a plan to best utilize all fortification slots and incentivize MOCing them.
5. Recruitment Initiative - Attract new members to Eslandola.
6. Sharp Diplomacy - Make more treaties to make diplomatic relationships clearer.
7. Safer Sailing - Find ways to save trading ships from pirates.
8. Colonial Knowledge Mission - Gather knowledge about new islands' features and make them accessible.
9. Pioneer Reward Program - Create medals and other initiatives of honour to reward active Eslandolans.

The members of the First Cycle of the Colonial Council are detailed in the IN SESSION thread. The business of self-governance can begin.

Excellent build and great recreation of Capt Wolf's council hall, Captain B!  Awesome to see so many familiar faces there too! :grin:  Why don't you give it its own topic, it definitely deserves it! :thumbup:

5 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

We can see Brickinson, George and Alberto da Pontelli discussing with other members of the Council:

I love it! You made me go down to my basement to see if my MOC was still there! And even though it was, I'm putting monkey-proof locks on my doors and windows! :pir-grin:

Dearji the Windsong is pleased to learn that those of that shape their nation take council from the Crahaish. Let the blessing of enlightened self interest be on them. The Wandering Acolytes share the blessings of the Triuri with all those who will hear them.

Edited by gedren_y

Awesome build Captain, you managed to capure the feeling of Captain Wolf's build very well! Great to see that Elysabeth is talking with the most intelligent member of the council :wink: 

On 6.1.2017 at 1:38 PM, Garmadon said:

Excellent build and great recreation of Capt Wolf's council hall, Captain B!  Awesome to see so many familiar faces there too! :grin:  Why don't you give it its own topic, it definitely deserves it! :thumbup:

Thanks - I might.

On 6.1.2017 at 4:07 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I love it! You made me go down to my basement to see if my MOC was still there! And even though it was, I'm putting monkey-proof locks on my doors and windows! :pir-grin:

Well, I said I loved that MOC of yours.

And now I know how many tiles you need to build the "real thing".

On 6.1.2017 at 4:37 PM, TitusV said:

Awesome build Captain, you managed to capure the feeling of Captain Wolf's build very well! Great to see that Elysabeth is talking with the most intelligent member of the council :wink: 

Yepp, I took the liberty to include some famous Eslandolean characters. :grin:

(Still struggling to find some green hair though...)

1 minute ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Thanks - I might.

Well, I said I loved that MOC of yours.

Yepp, I took the liberty to include some famous Eslandolean characters. :grin:

(Still struggling to find some green hair though...)

I'm honoured, but well... I'm no part of the Council :wink: 

The exo-force green hair is always lovely, I think @Captain Green Hair would like it a lot :grin: 

25 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Too many! :pir-grin:

But do you know how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall?

3 hours ago, kabel said:

Mind if some Eslandolians will not respect this "council"?

In what sense?  You could start up a public protest, but if you were to try to assassinate the Admius Legistrad, that might not be so easy to get away with... :pir_tong2:

3 hours ago, kabel said:

Run your story, any reaction is yours to tell. It adds flavour to the History of the Brethren of the Brick Seas Era. Just be prepared that the new law stands as the official one for Eslandola, which we must all obey (If you don't like them you could run for a seat and suggest amendments in the council). :wink:

Maybe down the road we could hope for a peaceful reconciliation. :sweet:

On 2017-01-07 at 11:52 AM, kabel said:

Finally, a true-hearted Eslandolan Royalist stands tall amongst you greenie capitalist usurping pig-dogs!  I knew there had to be one hiding somewhere.  :laugh:

On 07/01/2017 at 5:52 PM, kabel said:

I hope they will (IC, that is) - as Kwatchi said, it is nice to actually see some royalists stand up to those vile republicans! :pir-grin:

But if they reproach you OOC, bring them to stockade to be barraged with rotten fruits!

(Also, the people of Corrington is represented in our parliament, so don't go around claiming to have invented the wheel... Pff, pretentious profiteers! :tongue:

58 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Pff, pretentious profiteers! :tongue:

I tip my tricorn to that :tongue:

Edited by Sir Stig