Part 4 - Winning the people
Part 5 - The Candidate
Part 6 - The Safe Harbour Plan
Part 7 - Beyond
Part 8 - The Launching
Part 9 - Denied
Part 10 - Admius Legistrad

31811514366_cb5eb6bd00_c.jpg

"... First I will strengthen our economy. The treasuries of Eslandola are filled. Now is the time to invest our money and fund further ventures in all of the colonies. We should
support all pioneers who set up new structures in Colonial Eslandola. We always have to look beyond, my friends. The more we invest today the more we will all benefit tomorrow.
In the three months of my period I plan to invest at least 5.000 DBs from our national treasury, to increase our fixed monthly income by at least 1.000 DBs."

Too much content? Too much math? Clarissa had not been sure, but Román knew he also had to get the intellectual, the merchants, the landlords. And the shipwrights, captains
and sailors.

"While our land based economy has no match in the colonies, our naval forces still lack. We MUST put an end to this. Eslandola will have to massively fund ships, both for private
ownership - which includes Trading Companies or even towns - as well as for national usage. During my period I plan to invest at least 3.000 DBs in our naval forces. By the end
of my period we need to have at least another 10 ships of a rating of 4 or higher. No Eslandolan captain or sailor should have to stay in port ever again - unless you want to enjoy
yourself in one of my great taverns, of course!"

Laughter from the crowd. Happiness of the people is key.

"I have already talked a lot about my 'Safe Harbour Plan'. No need to bore you with that again, is there?"

Of course he had not talked about it at all in public, but neglecting such truths was the power of speeches. Román knew how to use it.

"We live in times of prosperty, of peace." An indignant shout from the back rows of his audience interrupted him. "Ahh, I hear you, back there. Yes, you, the grim warrior with the
green bandana. You have recently fought the Mardierians at sea, I assume? Thanks for your service to our country, good sir! Your drinks tonight are on me!"

The man shouted "Fontonajo", and the crowd started cheering. So cheap... But time to continue with business.

"And while you are right that at sea our war with Mardier is still ragjng day and night, we will yet have to see a city being raided by them, don't we? I haven't seen their troops in
our lands, either, have you? But beware, I say! We need to look beyond today. Pirates have recently started to gather and coordinate attacks, and Mardier is not the only potential
foe out there. We need to further fortify our towns, the pillars of our colonial magnitude! Do you know how many forts Salida Este has? Well, I don't! Nor do I know for most other
settlements. If we want to start thinking beyond, knowledge needs to be the first step. For every settlement I will list the current forts, and the maximum amount of forts each town
could afford. Based on these facts we will craft a plan on the next forts that need to be built. And hear me, people of Pontelli, I ask you to go ahead and inform the best stonemasons,
because the rewards will be plentiful! For Eslandolan Fortitude, beyond tomorrow!"

More cheering. Good, they liked the idea. And Eslandola was in dire need of that initiative! But now the next step. Flatter them, and open their eyes at the same time. Not an easy
ask.

"And now to you, my dear people of Pontelli! Each and everyone of you is a true pioneer of Eslandola! Together in the past years we have all gone beyond what anyone thought
was possible! Together we have shaped this new world! Colonial Eslandola! Who would have dreamt that we would get this far? Enjoy that moment, because it's for you!"

He gave them a quick pause to see themselves in the middle, recipient of honour, for once.

"But we won't be pioneers forever! Think beyond today! Pontelli needs you, you cannot all colonize new islands - but someone has to! We have to acquire new pioneers for our
missions. We need to make Colonial Eslandola more attractive to new members. More financial rewards, more free properties in the new world. Maybe even a small ship to start
with for every new pioneer of Colonial Eslandola? The attraction of new members will not go without effort, but together we can do it!"

And thus Román Esteban Fontonajo continued telling the crowd in front of his warehouse in Pontelli about his plans.

"Eslandola is strong, prosperous, magnificent! But I for one will not rest. I will continue to do what I have always done. Like every single one of you, I will continue to think beyond
tomorrow, to plan beyond today, and will do it. And I tell each and everyone of you as well. Let's do it together, let us all
GO BEYOND!"

Another look at Fontonajo holding a speech in front of his warehous in Pontelli (I tried to match the city-style from Captain Braunsfeld):

31039514253_342a1c974e_c.jpg

Edited by Elostirion

Brave speech indeed!

There is a bright future ahead for Eslandola.

But black roofs in Pontelli? :pir-grin:

And why is Clarissa standing there in her nightgown?

So many questions. But I gotta go. Fontonajo is buying me a tequila :pir-laugh:

Another lovely build in this interesting series, Elos! I like the green accents in the building and the clutter outside, as well as the minifigs. What are those bricks around the door?

Also, I wonder how Fontonajo will make good on his promises? While money is abundant, resources, ships and properties are sparse, and contractors even sparser... What does he have up his sleeve?

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

But black roofs in Pontelli? :pir-grin:

And why is Clarissa standing there in her nightgown?

Good point about the nightgown actually being a nightgown. I never considered it one, but will pay a bit more attention in the future... hopefully.

Regarding black roofs: There is a small church of Zeus in Pontelli, isn't there? Also Fontonajo loves to bring his own touch to the existing style of a town, of course (the combination of white&green was heavily influenced by this and partially by this. Mixing in tan was inspired by this nice one). However I agree that a wooden roof or a red one would probably have matched the city even better, despite the church...

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

Another lovely build in this interesting series, Elos! I like the green accents in the building and the clutter outside, as well as the minifigs. What are those bricks around the door?

Also, I wonder how Fontonajo will make good on his promises? While money is abundant, resources, ships and properties are sparse, and contractors even sparser... What does he have up his sleeve?

The bricks around the door have only recently been acquired via bricklink, and I just really wanted to use them. I am always looking up to architectural masterpieces, utilizing such things to perfection. I personally really lack in that regard, but try to improve. Using those was one minor step....

Regarding the rarest ressource of all, MOCs, well yes... that might be a problem, but is exactly what Fontonajo is trying to work on. We will see.

Good speech! As usual, Fontonajo knows how to work a crowd.  I think he's promising a ship in every pot, or something like that. :pir-grin:

As for the build, the green accents do make the warehouse look very Pontelli-like, and I really like the use of those decorative arches on the balcony. Nice scattering of barrels and crates around the warehouse, and the smoke from the chimney is a nice touch. :thumbup:

As for those new bricks around the door, it would have been nice to see them supporting some sort of architectural element over the doorway. Also, they would have made some of my work on Weelond's council hall easier! If only I'd known about them earlier.

Neat to see Fontonajo bringing his campaign into other cities of Nellissa... he sounds like he'll be a popular candidate!  The simplistic style of this build works well, I really like the double stripes of green and the architectural details introduced with the more elaborate tan pieces! :thumbup:

20 hours ago, Elostirion said:

Regarding black roofs: There is a small church of Zeus in Pontelli, isn't there? Also Fontonajo loves to bring his own touch to the existing style of a town, of course (the combination of white&green was heavily influenced by this and partially by this. Mixing in tan was inspired by this nice one). However I agree that a wooden roof or a red one would probably have matched the city even better, despite the church...

Fine fine, no worries.

I like that balcony of yours!

And the "white & green" approach. :pir-sweet: