Yeap, spoiler raised by one stud looks much better now.

21 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Okay, didn't know they were rereleased. I think I'll make them red.

These are visible on prelim models, so you cannot say they are re-released yet. Everything could change still.

6 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I decided to go for the DBG/LBG seats. They stand out, but not too much and come the most close to something 'earthy' without being tan (I don't like tan).

I think the DBG was almost mandatory, considering that part 18654 has a very limited choice of colors and that it is used on a the seat "cushion".  The second color is more flexible, I like LGB.  Both colors match the gears, bushes and axles, so the seats will look very uniform.

Did you try those small panels on the spoiler with the angled end pointing forwards? Curious if it would look more aggressive like that.

7 hours ago, brickhank said:

Yes, this looks much better ! :classic:

6 hours ago, zux said:

Yeap, spoiler raised by one stud looks much better now.

2 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

The spoiler looks much better now. It gives the car a little more visual movement to the rear.

1 hour ago, Meatman said:

Did you try those small panels on the spoiler with the angled end pointing forwards? Curious if it would look more aggressive like that.

Great! Yes I tried with the small panel pointing forwards, but together with the rear light panel that gavee too much of a rocket-like feel.

I wasn't very content myself. The wing was too wide in my opinion and I didn't like the black #3 connectors (and red ones still cost about 2,50 euro a piece). So I thought, why not make use of one of the kite-shapes from the (3, 4, 5)- triangle - nicely displayed by @Erik Leppen in this post - once again. After all, this model is a tribute to the bent liftarm and Pythagoras :wink:. If you take a good look you see the longer kite-shape in the way the bent liftarms - that make the angled tips of the wing - are secured underneath the wing. Write down: 44 bent liftarms in this model :laugh:.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

1 hour ago, BusterHaus said:

I think the DBG was almost mandatory, considering that part 18654 has a very limited choice of colors and that it is used on a the seat "cushion".  The second color is more flexible, I like LGB.  Both colors match the gears, bushes and axles, so the seats will look very uniform.

You're right. However for some colors I could have replaced that part with a colored bush (and the axle-pin-connector with a 2L axle).

Edited by Didumos69

I like that revised spoiler better. It was too long before because it was over hanging dead space where there was no body underneath it.

16 hours ago, Meatman said:

It was too long before because it was over hanging dead space where there was no body underneath it.

Exactly.

14 hours ago, Isamudyson said:

This is beautiful

Thanks!

I'm still waiting fot 4 red bionicle teeth, but apart from that I think I'm closing in on the finish line. I managed to improve the way the doors are mounted, the last improvement on my issues list. In that process I also made the side mirrors fully movable, I also replaced two black 5.5L axles and a #2 connector in the top of the front wind screen with a 12L axle. That created the opportunity to add a fully adjustable rearviewmirror. From now on I only expect changes to improve the building process.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

Btw, here are also two renders showing a black / orange color scheme. Please note that I will stick with my red / black color scheme, this is only for those (@brickhank) interested in building this model with mostly.Porsche parts. Perhaps this is also a color layout that @Jeroen Ottens wanted to see.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

28 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Btw, here are also two renders showing a black / orange color scheme. Please note that I will stick with my red / black color scheme, this is only for those (@brickhank) interested in building this model with mostly.Porsche parts. Perhaps this is also a color layout that @Jeroen Ottens wanted to see.

Thanks Didumos for this service :wink:. For me it's not only the re-use of the Porsche parts, I personally like the orange / black contrast better than the red / black combination. But hey, that's only a matter of taste, isn't it... ?

Edited by brickhank
removed images in quote

6 minutes ago, brickhank said:

Thanks Didumos for this service :wink:. For me it's not only the re-use of the Porsche parts, I personally like the orange / black contrast better than the red / black combination. But hey, that's only a matter of taste, isn't it... ?

Aha, sure. Btw, moderators don't like images in quotes. You can still remove them.

OK, thanks for noting. Corrected it. BTW: what determines the max. file size that a user can post ? (mine is currently limited to 0.02 MB). (sorry for off-topic question).

4 minutes ago, brickhank said:

OK, thanks for noting. Corrected it. BTW: what determines the max. file size that a user can post ? (mine is currently limited to 0.02 MB). (sorry for off-topic question).

I don't know, I always host images elsewhere (bricksafe.com) and paste the links into the post. The image then gets automatically embedded.

5 hours ago, Ludo Visser said:

Seeing the roof up close makes me wonder if the car could have had gullwing doors... :look:

I guess it could, and it still might. We'll see. All feels very solid right now, even the doors. If I were to implement gullwing or butterfly doors, it would have to be equally solid.

2 hours ago, Victor Imaginator said:

@Didumos69 Looking at this thread today i felt so jealous, so just built my own supercar MOC in next 12 hours. Your Rugged Supercar is truly inspiring)

Thanks! I'm curious what you'll come up with. This WIP topic turned out very helpful. I don't think I would have had the same result without all the feedback and support from the ones following this topic. I'm pretty sure actually.

48 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Thanks! I'm curious what you'll come up with. This WIP topic turned out very helpful. I don't think I would have had the same result without all the feedback and support from the ones following this topic. I'm pretty sure actually.

Yes, you're right - great WIP topics will lead to great results. And i just rushed in very short time without any feedback. Just because i hope that i can make supercars too... I named it "Black Envy" because of that) I still need to make pair of chairs and maybe fix some small bits. Will shoot and post it tomorrow.

I'm about to label this build as finished. The doors feel very solid now and I've set myself the goal to finish this before a short winter holiday next week. So I'll leave butterfly doors to anyone willing to mod this build :wink: as soon as instructions are available. The only small concern I have is the fact that opening and closing the doors requires the outer end of the door to be lifted a little, which puts a little stress on the parts that hold the door. When the door is closed it is locked by the #1 connector directly adjacent to the door. I personally like this, because when the doors are closed, they sit very secure. You can grab the car with your fingers underneath the chassis and your thumb on the top side of the door, which is a very natural thing to do and not possible with many other LEGO super cars. But the opening / closing mechanism does rely on the flexibility of parts, which is usually not my style. See timestamp 1:10 of the video below. Any objections?

37 minutes ago, letsbuild said:

You still forgot the panel in the right-hand-side door.

It's the same old video. I will make a new video when all is finished.

5 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I'm about to label this build as finished. The doors feel very solid now and I've set myself the goal to finish this before a short winter holiday next week. So I'll leave butterfly doors to anyone willing to mod this build :wink: as soon as instructions are available. The only small concern I have is the fact that opening and closing the doors requires the outer end of the door to be lifted a little, which puts a little stress on the parts that hold the door. When the door is closed it is locked by the #1 connector directly adjacent to the door. I personally like this, because when the doors are closed, they sit very secure. You can grab the car with your fingers underneath the chassis and your thumb on the top side of the door, which is a very natural thing to do and not possible with many other LEGO super cars. But the opening / closing mechanism does rely on the flexibility of parts, which is usually not my style. See timestamp 1:10 of the video below. Any objections?

Doors should not have a gap, maybe try to replace the small panels with 3x5x2 ones?

This is what I meant to ask feedback on: Opening and closing the doors requires the outer end of the door to be lifted a little, which puts a little stress on the parts that hold the door. When the door is closed it is locked by the #1 connector directly adjacent to the door. I personally like this, because when the doors are closed, they sit very secure. You can grab the car with your fingers underneath the chassis and your thumb on the top side of the door, which is a very natural thing to do and not possible with many other LEGO super cars. But the opening / closing mechanism does rely on the flexibility of parts, which is usually not my style.

Edited by Didumos69

13 minutes ago, Victor Imaginator said:

@Didumos69 If i was at your place - i'll search for other way to lock the door in place. Something like 41999 - it's easy, doesn't rely on parts deformation, except rubber.

Agree.