What about 8448 tires? I really like their proportions and thread. Can you try them and show us? 

18 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Thanks! Yeah, it looks like a pickup now. But I have some ideas for the rear.

I don't know. This is what it looks like with Tumbler tires, same diameter as the Porsche tires.

The tire OD may be the same but the ID or the wheel Dia. are very different.  You will never be able to put tumbler tires on the Porsche Wheels or even the smaller 56 Dia. wheels.

9 hours ago, Limga said:

What about 8448 tires? I really like their proportions and thread. Can you try them and show us? 

9 hours ago, technic_addict said:

The tire OD may be the same but the ID or the wheel Dia. are very different.  You will never be able to put tumbler tires on the Porsche Wheels or even the smaller 56 Dia. wheels.

You are right. Sorry for the confusion, but there can be no doubt about the fact that I will be using the Porsche tires and rims. My whole suspension setup relies on those rims. The point is that LDD does not support the Porsche rim and tire. So I used motorcycle tires and wheel covers as placeholders. The image with Tumbler tires was only posted to get an impression of what a more smooth thread would look like. They have the same outer diameter, but I had to remove the wheel hubs entirely to move them into place.

Edited by Didumos69

Slowly working my way toward the rear of the car. After my last update I started with adding just a few lines, for the doors and the rear side of the cabin. And after that I somehow got the feeling I was on the right track. So I added simple - yet openable - doors as was suggested by @Lipko and @agrof, finished the cabin, did some recoloring and added a modest spoiler. Rear lights and an openable trunk door still need to be done. Inside the trunk sits a black version of the Porsche luggage bag :wink:.

960x540.jpg960x540.jpg960x540.jpg960x540.jpg960x540.jpg

Edited by Didumos69

That is looking really, really good. I love the back and the spoiler. IMO you shouldn't change the back window, it's perfect. I think you should make the back something like the Pagani Huayra, with a quad exhaust.  

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Looks very good!
One thing I don't like: that diagonal beam with holes pointing upwards making the bottom of the rear side window. Maybe a connector-build line would be better. Your model will be solid as a rock anyway :classic:

5 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

That is looking really, really good. I love the back and the spoiler. IMO you shouldn't change the back window, it's perfect. I think you should make the back something like the Pagani Huayra, with a quad exhaust. 

Thanks! I won't change the rear window. We'll see about the quad exhaust. First I have to figure out the lights, I have no clue yet.

4 hours ago, Lipko said:

Looks very good!
One thing I don't like: that diagonal beam with holes pointing upwards making the bottom of the rear side window. Maybe a connector-build line would be better. Your model will be solid as a rock anyway :classic:

Thanks! Yeah, that would certainly look better. I'm not completely sure whether it will work out okay though. The weight of the spoiler may try to pull the connectors of their axles. But I could of course change the way the spoiler is mounted. I have to look into that a little better.

Edited by Didumos69

Here are some cutaways showing only the body. Apart from the hood and the bumpers - which are attached to the chassis separately - the whole thing should be a self-reliant structure.

960x540.jpg?a=1960x540.jpg?a=1

Finally was able the entire design progress , this project is not just amazing , it's the next level! 

Unfortunately , I have to agree about the looks of the tires ( I know , they are just placeholders) , but the Porsche tires look too plain on such a beast, offroad tires give it an aggressive look which meshes up perfectly with the design of the bodywork.

Edited by LXF

whoa, this looks so great. :pir-oh:

Have you tried to put the rear spoiler higher up to make it a wing?

I think a wing might fit with the open wheel arches.

I really like how You reworked the colors! :thumbup: I also do believe, that the Porsche tires will look very well on the model. 

I would maybe remove these small panels, and some kind of rear lights would look great.

image.png

Waiting for the real build! :wink:

It is a pity, that this concept (robust, sleek tubular bodywork) can not be made in a very clean way in Lego, but this is really just nitpicking. :tongue:

6 hours ago, LXF said:

Finally was able the entire design progress , this project is not just amazing , it's the next level! 

Unfortunately , I have to agree about the looks of the tires ( I know , they are just placeholders) , but the Porsche tires look too plain on such a beast, offroad tires give it an aggressive look which meshes up perfectly with the design of the bodywork.

Thanks! I agree it might fit the rough look. I might eventually try with third party tires, but first I will use the Porsche tires.

4 hours ago, schraubedrin said:

whoa, this looks so great. :pir-oh:

Have you tried to put the rear spoiler higher up to make it a wing?

I think a wing might fit with the open wheel arches.

I get your point. I will try, but altogether I think this model comes more close to a rally car, so I expect a more integrated spoiler suites the model better.

23 minutes ago, agrof said:

I really like how You reworked the colors! :thumbup: I also do believe, that the Porsche tires will look very well on the model. 

I would maybe remove these small panels, and some kind of rear lights would look great.

image.png

Waiting for the real build! :wink:

It is a pity, that this concept (robust, sleek tubular bodywork) can not be made in a very clean way in Lego, but this is really just nitpicking. :tongue:

Yeah, that particular small panel looks a bit weird so close to the spoiler. It was actually meant as fender :wink:, but I'm thinking of using the same spot as mounting point for rear lights.

I'm afraid you're right, it won't get much cleaner than this when you want this kind of tubular self-reliant bodywork. But I'm actually quite happy with the result.

Btw, I suppose you've also seen this post. I'm also curious what you think of the rear window and doors.

7 hours ago, LXF said:

... this project is not just amazing , it's the next level! 

I totally agree with that! I've always been thinking about a Technic bodywork in terms of panels. This thing completely changes that. It is amazing how you was able to achieve such flowing lines with angled connections.

640x320.jpg

640x359.jpg

15 hours ago, proran said:

I totally agree with that! I've always been thinking about a Technic bodywork in terms of panels. This thing completely changes that. It is amazing how you was able to achieve such flowing lines with angled connections.

Thanks, and I'm really happy you noticed these lines, because these were exactly the lines I wanted to realize :classic:. Just like the lines of the doors that flow into back of the rear window, together making a slanted cabin.

Edited by Didumos69

BTW, I like the rear window and the doors :thumbup:, which can be smoother with such a solution:

image.png

I am sure, fine tuning will also happen during the real build - You are a perfectionist, or similar, right? :wink:

Edited by agrof

12 hours ago, agrof said:

BTW, I like the rear window and the doors :thumbup:, which can be smoother with such a solution:

image.png

I am sure, fine tuning will also happen during the real build - You are a perfectionist, or similar, right? :wink:

That way the doors are indeed more smooth. I'm not completely convinced though, they're still not completely smooth. We'll see. I will indeed do fine tuning during the real life build. And yes, I'm afraid I am a perfectionist . That's why this process is taking so long. But I find great joy in endlessly improving things.

960x540.jpg

Master of crazy angles! I like the doors, actually.

Please tell me you can build red supercar without a single #3 connector?!

11 hours ago, LvdH said:

I am actually starting to like these wheels. I think they suit it very well as an off road style supercar. Have you built it in person already? 

I have to admit I'm getting used to them too. I thought about ordering 3 of these motorcycle tires to see how it works out on the Porsche rim, but they are very rare and expensive. I might eventually look out for third party tires.

1 hour ago, zux said:

Master of crazy angles! I like the doors, actually.

Please tell me you can build red supercar without a single #3 connector?!

Thanks! Well, yes without red #3 connectors, but I do use two black ones in the wind shield.

1 hour ago, Victor Imaginator said:

Cooler and cooler with each iteration) I hope that i will put so much in my models some time.

Thanks! Apparently, that is what I do, but I'm not completely sure whether it's a blessing to put so much in one model.

Edited by Didumos69

51 minutes ago, schraubedrin said:

That's a surprisingly good fit:

The bike wheels fit into the Porsche tires as well

Thanks for showing! Good to know that they fit very well, but I still don't really like the wide grooves between the tires. It looks as if the middle tire sits deeper than the outer two. Can you confirm that?

Didumous, i'm speechless... it's a new kind of supercar IMHO - and i have already build many (TLGs and MOCs of some "star"-designers)...

May i ask you if you are planning instructions, maybe for some fee?

Loving this "minimal use of panels" -theme! You've pulled it off really good! (I've had a panelles Technic car on my design queue for years. Your take will speed up my current project to get started sooner with the car design)

Your design is so good that I couldn't help but roughly photoshop some ideas on top of it :) Hope you don't mind me posting this image. For my eye the front end could be even more interesting if it didn't have fully connected red areas (horizontally whole car width). The rear is already like this. I also think that your design might benefit from having slimmer tires on front and thicker on the back. Lets say 2 motorcycle tires on front on 3 on back. Of course it might not be possible to find correct tire and rim combination to achieve this.

Good luck with the final details and thanks for this thread!

Tb0K5oa.jpg

Edited by drakmin