schraubedrin

Eurobricks Citizen
  • Content Count

    350
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About schraubedrin

Spam Prevention

  • What is favorite LEGO theme? (we need this info to prevent spam)
    Technic

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male

Extra

  • Country
    Germany
  • Special Tags 1
    https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/public/style_images/tags/technicgear2.png

Recent Profile Visitors

2398 profile views
  1. That's incredible! I like the plains :-) The rigging looks complicated. Did you cut the strings?
  2. Now i get it! It has been ages in existence but sometimes i still forgett about the +o beam
  3. Looks good. I'm always impressed what you guys can achieve on so little visual information. Although in the product picture both doors can be opened independently, and i would wager they will be mounted on some form of friction?
  4. Given the lack of pinholes in the counterweights (or any sharp concave edges), i wouldn't be surprised for them to be cast from a metal. Edit: there are also two types of rectangular frames making up the boom. The top/bottom frame seems to be thinner than the frames on the sides.
  5. Nope, i had exactly the same problem. Solved it by pushing the bushings further on the axles, thus reducing the stroke of the "cylinders".
  6. This might be an issue of the servo not getting the signal when it's at the "right" position. Is there any input/steering signal where it stops switching back and forth? Maybe fully left or fully right? Have you seen this video:
  7. What an incredible achievement! The front corner looks really nice, considering how many angles are coming together there. You're actually making me consider to buy the Ferrari Do you have a belly shot showing the gearbox?
  8. While i really like a size limit, i'm against a weight or part limit. They might exclude tracked and/or technical dense models. Maybe define a volume, rather than specified x, y and z limits? That way we can expect more unusual shapes which are always fun
  9. Thank you for the encouragement I found the time for some little bug fixes, here is the video that should have been in the competition: For the next version, i have to find a LEGO CAD with the current parts and learn it. Any recommendations? Developing efficient bracing for such a complex drivetrain will be much easier when it just stays in place, without needing to hold it with five hands
  10. As i see it, i'm here to have fun building and use the competition more to get inspiration and a deadline. I'm not in it to win it and it's nice to praise others for the work they put in.
  11. There have been some incredible entries, great work everybody! 3: 10 5: 6 1: 4 4: 3 7: 2 6: 1 It really was a daunting challenge, i see everybody who entered as a winner
  12. I feel exactly the same It has been a great way to try out crazy mechanisms in a small space. I definetly gained a project i will be working on in the future And i learned to work on my timing for those contests
  13. You're speaking what my heart desires I really appreciate the encouragement. Although i won't be as productive the previous weeks, i'll keep at it. There are already several changes to the concept which will make it much more reliable while reusing existing solutions. Just switching out the skipping 16-20-16 gearing for the lift mechanism helped so much that the new weak spot is the motor. No idea why i didn't construct it this way from the beginning. Late night engineering really is something Just replacing the 5L levers for the rear container with gear racks should reduce the torque requirements by >300% By the way, here is another nice gearing solution used at the front: Parallel input/output axis with a gear ratio of 13.3 : 1
  14. I will regret this tomorrow (today) morning, but i "finished" it enough to be happy to run in the competition: There is one bad connection making the transformation only possible with manual help: in a pinch i had to couple a "flat" 20 tooth bevel gear to the 16 tooth side of a differential. The normal 20 tooth gear doesn't fit there
  15. Entry Name: Container Truck Description: A shipping container that transforms into a delivery Truck Dimensions are equal to a 150% length Mack Anthem container. There are three transformations happening in two stages: Reduce track width by 1 stud on each side Lower the container over the chassis The front face moves vertical (linear) by 3 studs The cargo area/container rear + sides swing in an arch to achieve 7 studs of height change To achieve the staged transformation the drivetrain is continually switching the "main" modes when the drive motor is on. The two chassis movements are coupled with a differential, this way always the "easiest" move is driven until it reaches a stopping point. Unfortunately i couldn't take enough time for this project, so the transformation is very janky and needs manual help. That's also the reason there is no cabin I never built anything even remotely as complex as this model and implementing the switch and differential solution with only hours to go was not my best idea. Still, i'm very proud of the dense geartrain with only two obvious design errors. You might want to watch the video without sound, those slipping gears are heartbraking to hear. Oh, nearly forgot the belly shot: