SkaForHire

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Introduction and Starting Thread

Well, this is the third MCRA cruise in a row with a "nothing occurred" result for me and my piratical cohorts. Not only does crime not pay, it is pretty boring too. pirate_sad2.gif

Well, this is the third MCRA cruise in a row with a "nothing occurred" result for me and my piratical cohorts. Not only does crime not pay, it is pretty boring too. pirate_sad2.gif

That's what they want you to think! Don't give up my fellow pirate! Gold and rum shall soon be yours if you hold the course and show these tyrannical Empires that we won't stand for their taxes!

It's so quiet in BoBS these days, it seems like a ghost house! So....

BUH! ;)

BUH! ;)

I am waiting to see if I have a ship to send out on the next MRCA. I don't know if it is being looked into the missing forms or not. Uncertainty has the effect of making me duck for cover and stay real still. [whisper] ...don't breathe...

BUH! ;)

Here's hoping that changes next week!

Here's hoping that changes next week!

You mean Sept. 30th.

That's right, the next MRCA has been confirmed to be Sept 30th. Hopefully more builds for the current challenge will make it into the MRCA and property yields. :thumbup:

Thank you for you patience. :cry_happy:

Phred, can you give us any news on the status of the missing ships from the last (still unfinished) MRCA?

Also, may I ask if ships built for challenge 4B can be licensed? I asked already, but didn't get an answer last time. Also, why is it ending on the 25th and not the end of the month?

BUH! ;)

Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack! Never stir up calm waters, you never know what resurfaces default_blink.gif

Also, may I ask if ships built for challenge 4B can be licensed?

This has been common policy so far, so I'd say thumbup.gif

BUH! ;)

Summer has ended (at least in theory) so everyone get ready for another great building season! Cant have both beaches and bricks around at the same time. Beach is always a "Prio"™ for us here!!! pirate_tong.gif

Anh yes, summer vacation has ended, the toys are put back into the garage, everyone is back home from vacationing, and the kids(some adults too) are back in school!

Brace yourself, there could be an explosion of activity in BoBS!!!!

Phred, can you give us any news on the status of the missing ships from the last (still unfinished) MRCA?

Nope. Ska is the only one who is able to assist with that. I haven't heard anything since he posted this:

I will double check, but that was ALL of the ships that were submitted to the form. The list on my flickr is wrong for name of owner, but all information aligned with the proper ship name is correct.

All ships are on that list that I had data for. Either there is missing data, or they were not submitted correctly.

Kwatchi, pirates will have something to do in MRCA 2.

I am guessing that September will be our last MRCA 1. The system will be broke up into adventures and safe trades.

Could you please tell us who submitted their form wrong? Because I would find it surprising that so many forms got lost.

Could you please tell us who submitted their form wrong? Because I would find it surprising that so many forms got lost.

How could he? Those not on the list were not submitted properly for some reason. I doubt we will ever find out more. (Unless some tech-wizard figures out what went wrong) :)

Pretty bummed by this, as that means all nine of my ships including a whole convoy suddenly went AWOL. I still figure it's a tech booboo though, I can't imagine what I did different from the previous 6 months of submitting.

Oh well, seems I'll have to send out the fighting ships on piratey cruises then next month, in order to compensate for this month's no gains (I refuse to call it losses, no results are no sunk ships HA)

Oleon had a whole convoy with missing paperwork on a previous MRCA. I didn't get too bent out of shape after seeing a therapist. I am better now. :pir-grin:

Or we just could agree that as compensation for everything (and the 2 months without MRCA), players got a revenue just like if it was a property...

Those who invested in ships have lost at least 2 months of income comparing those landrubbers...

Kwatchi, pirates will have something to do in MRCA 2.

Don't get me wrong. I've had plenty of stuff to do now. I just happen to have lousy luck when it comes to MCRAs, and I enjoy joke-whinging about being the worst pirate. Heck, I managed to get lost and raid the wrong town during my only success. pirate_satisfied.gif

Just glad things are finally ramping back up in BoBS; just as I started to build again this week no less.

Question: Gulagurag posted a mine expedition in June for our colony. Any chance of a ruling on what deposit he found?

Perhaps the missing vessels were simply held back in port for one reason or another (IC wise). Shipping was meant to be the risky choice. (And, for the record, several vessels partly owned by the Montoya estate are amongst those missing.) :)

@Kwatchi: I like the attitude. As i do joke-whining! :P

Re: WAR

Well, so you say, but for naval warfare, it is all there. The Corlander Royal Navy could ( entirely hypothetically ;) ) cleanse the of competitors... :P

I am not saying we are planning to do that, but just that naval battles, which would be a large part of colonial warfare, are more or less ready to roll out! ;)

Loss of file data! It has to be that! I submitted my MRCA form as soon as the link was available. I trust that Bregir filed the Purge 2 form, because I never had the link.

I was counting on this to advance my characters. The postponement severely affected my story, and now I come to find that so much time has been wasted waiting for a result on both my ships. This is what bothers me most, not the loss of in-game income.

I have a build ready that was supposed to be part of a mystery story. It would have been part of my post-MRCA/Purge character arc. If I change the bottle for a book, and leave the figs out, maybe the story of The Lost Ledger could soothe some ruffled feathers.

I will abide by whatever the powers that be decide as to the best way to proceed ... and I fear that has already been decided. But I must say that it is frustrating to be left out of this part of the game because, by everyone's best guess as to what happened, I (and many others) actually submitted MRCA orders on time and didn't resubmit after it was initially postponed. Is there a definitive list of what ships are missing from the results? Could we compile it quickly? Could we actually give ourselves a chance to fix this? It doesn't seem that difficult a thing to do. Any aggrieved party resubmit orders today or tomorrow (or some such deadline), and a few more MRCA calculations are run.

Yep, I would also feel like I would be missing out, especially considering that we(MAESTRO) had just licensed a pair of 5Fs to use in the MRCA...

If you want to I can make a list of the missing MAESTRO ships later today.