Rick

2016 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

The baby in the stroller in the park looks like a new piece. I've never seen an LEGO babies that had little arms. I want the park set really bad! :drool:

Isn't this already being discussed in the 'rumours and discussion' topic???

Yeah, didn't see that until after I had created this post. I'll be more careful next time. :sceptic:

They don't look too bad actually. :look: I am only really interested in the airport sub-theme though so I hope we get photos from that too.

Same with me. It is interesting but flawed. I have already stated why in my other posts

Those limo wheels are amazing on it!! :):)

Edited by Legoboy22

Look guys, One of the City sets made it on the news. CNN.

"After years of pirate ships and haunted castles, Lego unveils something new: a wheelchair"

http://cnn.it/1P0SCeB

Media is going crazy with the new wheelchair! :classic:

Brickset made an article about that:

The wheelchair in 60134 Fun at the Park set is making the mainstream news today.

• The Guardian claims "Images taken at the Nuremberg toy fair by fan group Promobricks show a wheelchair-using Lego figurine, complete with helper dog, following #ToyLikeMe equality campaign"
  • Gizmodo states that "Lego's First Minifigure in a Wheelchair is Embarrassingly Overdue".
  • The Independent boldly proclaims that "This move by Lego is massive in terms of ending cultural marginalisation; it will speak volumes to children, disabled or otherwise, the world over"
  • The BBC says that "Lego reveals new disabled figures after an online campaign"

It's certainly captured their imagination especially as it's seen to be a victory for the#ToyLikeMe campaign. But, I wonder, is that actually the case? The campaign commenced in April 2015 so I guess it's possible LEGO has had enough time to design and manufacture the part if it started around that time. I suspect we'll never know unless LEGO issues a press release. In fact it's a wonder it is not making a bigger (or any) deal out of it.

Brickset made an article about that:

Yes now my disabled patients do not have to lie in bed all day long

Edited by Legoboy22

Looks like the top of the baby head has one of the flame/feather-sized holes in it. Neat.

Also, am I the only one who never heard of the #ToyLikeMe campaign until I read the article? I didn't think that had anything to do with it.

I just noticed that there is a new classic space themed shirt in the park set.

Noooo! We don't need another rock piece. :cry_sad:

I am bit disappointed in the airport terminal. Given the state of my collection at the moment it would take quite a bit of bricks to actually make it into a proper terminal (more than just a gate and a control tower). But the airplane in that set looks nice to me. Hmm.

Taking a closer look at the volcano theme and given that I missed the party for the arctic series I may actually get into that theme. I would like some researchers and scientist type people for my collection. The lime green color is growing on me also but I think that is mostly due to the fact that it helps the figures blend into the structures and machines, like they're nearly one and the same.

But the cream of the crop for sure is still that park set for me! Seeing better images of it have got my blood running in anticipation of the release date!

This set is so remarkable, though, as to warrant it's own thread, I think. The wheelchair alone is getting lots of attention, even in non-LEGO-specific media. How often do CNN and the like cover a single new piece? There's also the new baby figure, which is something we've wanted forever, and on top of that, the set is just loaded with diverse civilian minifigures.

I think this set should probably get its own thread, as let's be honest, it would absolutely dominate the discussion in the regular 2016 thread. As for the set itself, the builds are a bit lacking but the minifigures are incredible. The wheelchair should hopefully pave the way for a large scale hospital and possibly Professor X/Oracle minifigures in the future. :moar:

Edited by mediumsnowman

Ok guys... As crystal colector I must ask- do you think there are two kinds of crystals in volcano sets? I see normal trans blue and shiny...CHROMED BLUE one?

Edited by Lordofdragonss

Ok guys... As crystal colector I must ask- do you think there are two kinds of crystals in volcano sets? I see normal trans blue and shiny...CHROMED BLUE one?

I think it's the lighting. They're probably all trans-blue.

Missed that airport starter set in earlier reports from the toy fair. While I don't care for the helicopter I am happy to see a mail service return. I would love another small post office set. Frankly quite surprised the Friends set hasn't had one.

Yep, definitely getting a few of these.

Love this for our city.

Baby, hotdog bun, wheelchair, loads of figs, brilliant.

Granddad's torso is perfect.

Only thing that is a slight pity is the red bicycle. Would have loved a yellow one.

But at least there will be a bright light orange one in the Friends Party train set (41111).

Brickset lists 60134 at £34.99; no Euros or Dollars yet.

Whoa. I never thought I'll say this, but... the cockpit on the big, blue plane is amazing!

Aurgh, mainstream media. They've gone way over the line.

Dude.... everyone in social networks is going crazy with the "Fun at the Park" set

That thing is just going to disappear from the shelves

By the way, are those the first LEGO twins?

Edited by Robert8