Gideon

Blocking the Road to Queenscross [G:D7, HC vs U]

Blocking the Road to Queenscross

North of Queenscross, there is an isolated stronghold held by Ulandus forces. Aside from the Arkbri river which is usually the main route of transportation in this part of Kaliphlin, the only reliable route for any significant military force to cross the Westersands to Queenscross is along an ancient road through the desert. Because of the Ulandian threat to Queenscross, a force from the mercenary company called the Arkbri Falcons have been hired by members of the Kaliphlin High Council to sabotage the road. They are also creating barricades where an advancing enemy can be delayed or halted. Of course, they are not doing the hard labor themselves but are instead forcing captured Ulandian soldiers to toil in the desert heat.

Any attempts by the Ulandian forces to repair the road will be met barricade by barricade by sharp arrows from the Falcon's accurate crossbows while they themselves are sheltering behind walls of gravel and broken flagstones.

16797031676_3398d56bc1_c.jpg

Guerilla build for the High Council against Ulandus, at square D7.

Edited by Gideon

Fantastic build and beautifully photographed. The variety in those cacti and the darker dirt under the road really adds to the realism of this scene. Clever fortification and gorgeous landscaping!

This is great. I just love the cacti. They are well done and they are so many! (Where did you get all the necessary bricks??)

And the overall scene itself is also excellent!

Thanks! Since the cactus design gets so much attention I must add that it is not my design, credit goes to Anders67 (and also swestar) on Swebrick where this design has been posted as suggested vegetation for the Post-Apocalyptic collab we are starting to put together.

(Where did you get all the necessary bricks??)

They are only built with 1x1 plates, 1x2 plates and 2x1 curved slopes in olive green. Neither are extremely rare nowadays.

Internally it's simply some 1x1 plates and 1x1 bricks with studs on four sides.

Edited by Gideon

Those cacti are wonderful, though I've never seen olive green cactus, and I live in a desert!

Wonderful build and great idea for sabotating the enemy without fighting! That'll show those centurions. They would better have stood lost.

Those are some really good looking cactus (cacti?)! :thumbup:

Fantastic build Gideon, great job on the desert landscaping and cacti! :thumbup:

What more to add? Brilliant cactii (love that word :tongue: ), great terrain, wonderful idea and brilliant execution! :thumbup: