I hereby present the Elves of Historica as I envision them, from across the Guilds.

11377106296_52e0af1ef5_z.jpg

11377099445_a8f12d89b9_z.jpg

11377098316_680d800b7f_z.jpg

11377101986_2837650cb9_z.jpg

11377135454_147aedb591_z.jpg

11377153204_c3b15356fe_z.jpg

11377074875_0f017a80cb_z.jpg

11377232563_4d6fc982a1_z.jpg

I've had these mostly assembled for almost a year now, but I was waiting for the new Hobbit sets to make final determinations. I am sure things will change once wave 3 of the Hobbit sets come out. I will be significantly increasing the size of the Sacred Oaks clan and the Evergreen clan once I pick up my many Mirkwood Elf Army sets.

I did borrow the TMNT helmet concept from Ecc, but I already had Legolas and the Fili or Kili torso slated for Mitgardia. I knew I wanted to use the TMNT helmet somewhere, but I hadn't really considered them for Elves before.

C&C Welcome!

awesome Rouge, great collection. I just made three bricklink orders to to build a MOC to expand upon the Elven Oak Heart clan near my village of Circardia.

Any plans for some history and backstory on the different clans?

Very nice! Quite a collection. I second the call for backstory and history!

You might want to post a parts list for these -- I always find it hard to determine what all the minifigure parts are from photos, and I'm probably not the only one.

That's a lot of Elves. Of course my favourites are the Blackflame Elves (Nocty, and I'm a sucker for red and black). Nice parts usage across all the groups though. Will we be seeing them in MOCs anytime soon?

Wow, this is really cool. One question though, what is the relationship between the respective elve clans. Are they more royal to each other or to the guilds? And what is the Torso you're using for the drown is that the Roherrim warrior?

Great combos, I can see you enjoy creating figs as much as building. Also an impressive collection, especially the dbg hoods!

I also like that you picured the legolas figs in Mitgardia as I did!

MikeyB/Vlad - I will be posting some back stories, and I intend to keep them assembled and will be using them in builds.

NM/Kabel - I will try to throw up a parts list - the Drow torsos are indeed from the Rohirrim torso, and the other 2 are from the Roman commander and Dori.

Kabel - While the Elves often stay removed from the business of humans, all of the different Clans/factions are loyal to their respective Guilds with the exception of the Drow. Elves do not like to fight amongst themselves though, and would be loathe to enter combat against their brethren (except for the Drow). The Deep Shadows Clan is located on the border of Avalonia and Kaliphlin, but they are more aligned with the Avalonian clans.

Nil - higher rez pics are located on my flikr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29025875@N06/with/11377074875/

SK - I tried very hard to distinguish each guild AND associate them with existing heraldry if possible. I've been waiting to use the wolf and hawk shields from KK, as they are some of my favorite Lego shields ever. Some of these Elves started off looking jelly beany, but I tried to tone down the bright colors.

Ecc - Legolas garb is just so... Mitgardian, I couldn't help but use the torso there. BTW, thanks for posting your Elves - it forced me to finally finish up mine and post them.

Thanks for all the comments!

That's a nice collection of elves! I just realized, how wonderful Thranduil's torso look like.

Thanks for the link to your flicker, i really like your parts combinations. A shame that the Rohirrim torsos are that expensive in Europe.

You could really improve your Drow by using waterslide decals with faces, although the black background is a bit of a problem - you have to find a vendor that can print white on transparent background.

If you don't mind modifying/destroying Lego, you could also recolor the ears of your Rustling Leaves to yellow, using this guide: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=80574&st=0.

Both ideas are very time consuming and sometimes frustrating - i nearly destroyed 2 of my elven hairpieces, and i got several decals wrong.

Great collection of elves, I like them :thumbup: :thumbup: I await eagerly for some backstory :wink:

Fantastic set of figures you have there! I'm eager to read more about their backstory and settings :classic:

Very nice collection! It would be great to see some decals on the Nocty elves (if you don't want to stay purist). :wink:

EDIT: I agree that backstories and maybe even small MOCs with them would be awesome!

Edited by Buurli_Burri

Ahh... so many elves! I am super jealous rogueang. :grin: Can't decide which clan i like best, they all look awesome. :wub: Hope to see some of these in your mocs sometime... i imagine they all have markedly different architecture?

I really want to like the Kaliphlin clan best(since that's my home), but I think the Evergreen Elves of Mitgardia are just perfect! Great job on all of these

The Blackflame elves of nocty are my favorite. They are dark while still looking elvish. You did a really nice job with these, and you have a great collection!

Wow! This is so great! I love all the different elves and I want small mocs showing where they live and s small history to them as well!