The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Did someone ask Lepin about the next modular set? Maybe they have cloned it yet ^^

If the last rumor is true:

- i think we will get a two 32x32 baseplates or two 16x32 + one 32x32 or four 16x32.

- i think we will get a nice building too because the side of the Brick Bank (where the laundry is) is awful! 

9 hours ago, nikhkin said:

Why would an internal presentation not use the most up to date images and material? If anything the lack of BB is what makes me think is isn't an internal document.

Because someone internally would not care if it was the latest ,yes it would be available but people on internal presentations care less about that sort of stuff than something released externally which would be done by the marketing team.

I think if someone was trying to make something fake then they would go for the three latest.

Read what you want into it

3 hours ago, Tragic Banjo said:

I vote that it is legitimate. Because of reasons.

I vote that it is legitimate. Because of Tragic Freakin' Banjo.

10 hours ago, nikhkin said:

I personally find a £170 modular more likely than a £300+ one. The idea of the modulars is that they are all compatible and interchangeable. Suddenly creating one with a different size and base shape seems odd. Just look at the Ghostbusters HQ next to a modular, it doesn't look right

I agree. I just built a 16 wide 3 storey MOC Ghostbusters HQ for this reason, so it could fit into my town interchangeably. If this new set is larger I could see it being 48x32, although I would be really surprised if it is not on a 32x32 footprint.

Before Tragic Banjo offered his correct opinion, I was skeptical about this new rumor. The price would come out to about $400, and three modulars in the same set? Don't know about that. Unfortunately if this rumor is true I don't think I would be able to afford it, but I am curious as to how it comes out.

On 29-9-2016 at 7:40 AM, LegoSjaak said:

The first of october would be a perfect day to release some information about the new modular as we all enter the weekend that day...so, lots of time and opportunity to share, like and dislike the first discriptions of the new modular..  I still stick to my Bakery, and ordered 7 Seagulls in advance, so they can eat the breadcrumbs, falling out of the delivery-van...:wink:..

Nesquik, i didn't get up last night to check if there was any news already...:grin:

This made me yesterday refresh the site constantly, expecting a Lego bakery with new-moulded pigeons. :blush:

Unfortunately no news about the new modular, but even worse, even more rumours about another! :wacko:

I must be suffering modular madness!

1 hour ago, Wesley D said:

This made me yesterday refresh the site constantly, expecting a Lego bakery with new-moulded pigeons. :blush:

Unfortunately no news about the new modular, but even worse, even more rumours about another! :wacko:

I must be suffering modular madness!

Wesley D, that bakery with new moulded pigeons was just an idea....it isn't a rumour at all!!

Yes, that was what I came to realise today the hard way :laugh:

Your suggestions were fantastic. It was like I saw the bakery right before me.

The Lego designers will have a hard job to do better than your ideas about a bakery!

18 minutes ago, Wesley D said:

Yes, that was what I came to realise today the hard way :laugh:

Your suggestions were fantastic. It was like I saw the bakery right before me.

The Lego designers will have a hard job to do better than your ideas about a bakery!

I'd better go write books with imaginary modular lego towns....:blush:. Maybe we get to know more today, as Brickcon is this weekend... they released the Parisian Restaurant in 2014 so there might be a chance....

3 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

I'd better go write books with imaginary modular lego towns....:blush:. Maybe we get to know more today, as Brickcon is this weekend... they released the Parisian Restaurant in 2014 so there might be a chance....

I think you could be on to a best seller if you do :sweet: seeing as your bakery sounded really good. I almost though you had the press release for the next modular in your hand they way you described the bakery..:wink:

The person you first made mention about the Assembly Square, Emmi on Thursday stated details would probably be released about November. Lego are doing a frustratingly good job at preventing leaks these days to stop those pesky copycats getting a chance to make copies before TLG's own releases.

4 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

I was also told the story that Parisian restaurant and Santa'a workshop were revealed at the Brickcon, Do you know when and where the brickcon will be held?

37 minutes ago, jaesroe said:

I was also told the story that Parisian restaurant and Santa'a workshop were revealed at the Brickcon, Do you know when and where the brickcon will be held?

As far as i know, it is held this weekend in Seatle US...

2 hours ago, LegoSjaak said:

As far as i know, it is held this weekend in Seatle US...

Oh I see cheers. I hope we could hear more detailed news for 2017, -10th anniversary- modular set. But I personally try not be raise my expectation bar too high as I do not want to feel the same a little bit,a slight disappointment when GBHQ was revealed. IT DOES NOT MEAN the set is not good. it is super set but was a bit deviated from my expectation which I expected as same(i mean not exactly same but very similar in terms of colour scheme and interiro)as Sergio's design. My personal opinion.

I wonder how much TLG would put a value on this 10th anniversary title. I do hope it would be as ultimate one as mentioned on rumored page. :)

Edited by jaesroe

What I would really love to see is both rumours turn out true -  a £170 set released as normal in January, and then a 10th anniversary set later in the year. Perhaps around April since that is when the original modular was released.

Wow - all this excietement around here!  :oh:

I regard the screenshot legit, too. Someone must have made a cell phone image from a presentation held at TLC (or even the group wanted to have this photo make it into public!)

15 hours ago, Wesley D said:

So for me it says: WAIT FOR NOVEMBER!!!

Everything else might be worth spending your time on, but nevertheless stupid. I don't think we will get any more information before that special date.

I can't think of a modular house with a price tag of 350€. :look: If this turns out to be true it has to be really mindblowing!

greenhouse_Legoland-9_business.jpgOMG !

I just read something on Wikipedia - Assembly Square in real life is a shopping mall which has a Legoland Discovery Centre in it. So join the few dots and quote me on this "I believe it will be either a modular Lego store or modularised shopping mall (or row of stores)"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assembly_Square

Only time will tell if I'm right or not, so let the guess game continue.

Edited by lightningtiger
Added image.

Didn't someone say that Jamie and team had the modular line all picked out for the next few years, this would have been a while back, but it makes sense.  They would likely need to know almost a year ahead what the next one is internally to the Creator team and then once that is totally firmed up, they would start on the next one.  I have a friend who works for Hallmark and he told me they usually have 2 years worth of the ornaments in their queue at any one time.  Now granted there are a lot of those little ornaments but it seems comparable that TLG would want to have this one in the bag already and in line to production soon so if the sell date is Jan 1 or even Jan 4 (which would be weird, they sell on Sundays on other 1st days of month) they are now making the sets to ensure there are enough around the world for customers.  If you need to ship, you have to plan.  Most stuff in US that is shipped from China need a 3 month lead time.

So, my conjecture is if they do have these plotted out, that is why you don't see the brick bank in the picture.  This could be months old and before BB, so they used this picture as it was done a year ahead.  Then again, I could be all wrong and it is fake.  Will be interesting to see what the next month or so brings in the news and if it leaks prior to then.  As folks have said, it is in brickset, wonder if anyone there can confirm where they got their info...

Edited by Herky

17 minutes ago, Herky said:

Didn't someone say that Jamie and team had the modular line all picked out for the next few years, this would have been a while back, but it makes sense.  They would likely need to know almost a year ahead what the next one is internally to the Creator team and then once that is totally firmed up, they would start on the next one.  I have a friend who works for Hallmark and he told me they usually have 2 years worth of the ornaments in their queue at any one time.  Now granted there are a lot of those little ornaments but it seems comparable that TLG would want to have this one in the bag already and in line to production soon so if the sell date is Jan 1 or even Jan 4 (which would be weird, they sell on Sundays on other 1st days of month) they are now making the sets to ensure there are enough around the world for customers.  If you need to ship, you have to plan.  Most stuff in US that is shipped from China need a 3 month lead time.

So, my conjecture is if they do have these plotted out, that is why you don't see the brick bank in the picture.  This could be months old and before BB, so they used this picture as it was done a year ahead.  Then again, I could be all wrong and it is fake.  Will be interesting to see what the next month or so brings in the news and if it leaks prior to then.  As folks have said, it is in brickset, wonder if anyone there can confirm where they got their info...

The person who added it TheBrickPal who I guess got it here. 

I also believe it's real for probably the same reasons Banjo does, it just looks real real real to me. 

I'm starting to think it's fake because...... it's still there

When someone took a screenshot of the CMF S16 bag, LEGO immediately asked to take it down. It took them like.... less than a hour

Why is that screenshot still here?

And what's up with all those employees taking screenshots? :tongue:

Edited by Robert8

30 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I'm starting to think it's fake because...... it's still there

When someone took a screenshot of the CMF S16 bag, LEGO immediately asked to take it down. It took them like.... less than a hour

Why is that screenshot still here?

And what's up with all those employees taking screenshots? :tongue:

That's a good point. 

I still have faith in Tragic Freakin' Banjo. 

He's Tragic Freakin' Banjo. When has he ever given false information?

1 hour ago, CM4Sci said:

The person who added it TheBrickPal who I guess got it here. 

I also believe it's real for probably the same reasons Banjo does, it just looks real real real to me. 

good enough for me, although I can't imagine it being the Assembly Square in Boston as pictured above.