Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

Is it only me? Or he's wearing a neck accesory similar to bruce wayne's bow? Or what not.

Edited by SpiderJazz

Just now, SpiderJazz said:

Is it only me? Or he's wearing a neck accesory similar to bruce wayne's bow? Or what not.

*snip and deliver*

It does look to be some sort of neck thingy; my money is on a Ninjago bandanna, considering the figures occupation.

44 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Regardless if Lego give it to them to review or they bought it themselves using their own money.

Based on my understanding the thing here is if they review the set, earlier than May 1st. They cannot show what/who the minifigure is (because that's the release date, and that make sense because everyone can find out if they bought it on their own)

But until May 1st no one can reveal it yet. 

So if I manage to get Highwayman before May 1st and post it on social media they will block or remove it ? Highly unlikely isn't it? I think this embargo only applies to those who receive set for review directly from Lego. So I have no doubt someone will get Highwayman early and post pics online, so we'll know what he look like.

3 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

So if I manage to get Highwayman before May 1st and post it on social media they will block or remove it ? Highly unlikely isn't it? I think this embargo only applies to those who receive set for review directly from Lego. So I have no doubt someone will get Highwayman early and post pics online, so we'll know what he look like.

For a person like J2G, who is very credible, if lego says they can't reveal it yet, I think he'll consider following it.

But yea as a normal individual  and I manage to get the mystery fig, I'll post it. I don't know if they have the capability on blocking all post (as they have done that in Ragnarok figs) At the end of the day, we all just want to see Highway man. 

17 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

It does look to be some sort of neck thingy; my money is on a Ninjago bandanna, considering the figures occupation.

That's a possibility, this is getting more exciting.

Most sites that have a direct relationship with TLG may put a moratorium on the posting images of the fig. Eurobricks will likely comply with the wishes of TLG, and remove images (and probably links to images) before the official reveal.

25 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Most sites that have a direct relationship with TLG may put a moratorium on the posting images of the fig. Eurobricks will likely comply with the wishes of TLG, and remove images (and probably links to images) before the official reveal.

Exactly. EB has been cracking down hard on leaks(as they should given their relationship with Lego). Don't expect to see it here.

I really hope there is a point to keeping him secret especially since he is among the most common in the box.

Edited by Tech Artist

I am hoping for an intrincate printing on the torso piece of the highwayman. Mainly because my expectations are high and everytime I think of it I think of the hunters from Bloodborne...

5 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

My money on two different highwayman. One male one female.

Supposition, or have you been let in on the secret?

19 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

My money on two different highwayman. One male one female.

That would make it more interesting for sure. Or different torso prints/colors or something.

As a pirates builder I cant explain how frustrating it is to see the one figure I'll prolly be most interested in be all wrapped up in mystery, especially since it seems like it was just chosen randomly and isn't anything particularly special.

Edited by 2maxwell

In case anyone wondering if I am doing a CMFs review, yes I am doing and is currently work in progress. Please be patient and I will aim to finish them in a day or two. It's not easy for me to complete this in extreme short notice. 

Well, it's now a race to reveal the Highwayman's identity :classic: I think that's what TLG want us to do. Maybe there's something included with him that will give you a chance to win a prize of some sort. 

21 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

In case anyone wondering if I am doing a CMFs review, yes I am doing and is currently work in progress. Please be patient and I will aim to finish them in a day or two. It's not easy for me to complete this in extreme short notice. 

Question is, will you be including the myster fig? 

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

This is what I'm trying to say.

34 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

And we are grateful for it. I hope no one rushes you in the process. And if you are not allowed to reveal the mystery fig, we will understand it.

Awesome to know that WhiteFang's unmatched review is on the way! :sweet:

From the phrasing of the figure distribution and how people are referring to the secret character, I really doubt there is more than one version (plus the group picture only has one sillhouette). I think it's fun that Lego is doing this, even though us spoilery AFOLs will probably know what it looks like much before we find it in the wild.

47 minutes ago, WhiteFang said:

Hey WhiteFang,

take all the time you need, we are patient! ;) 

By the way, the review from The Brothers Brick seems to indicate that the highwayman is completely ordinary and indistinguishable from a regular CMF character in its design:

"However, I was expecting that the mystery character would be some obvious tie-in, or a particularly awesome character. It’s not. It’s a cool figure, to be sure, but if it’s a movie or video game tie-in character, I don’t recognize it, and it’s no more unique than any other character in this series. I haven’t faintest idea why LEGO is trying so hard to keep it under wraps. Despite being one of the 3 most common figures in this series, it doesn’t appear in any of the official material. Even the collector’s sheet with each minifigure simply shows a silhouette. I suspect that LEGO is trying to build hype (ala Mr. Gold in Series 10) without bothering to actually have an exclusive or rare figure. I can only assume LEGO has some special marketing campaign they plan to roll out over the course of the month that will explain it."

1 hour ago, WhiteFang said:

Yay! Thank you

1 hour ago, WhiteFang said:

Knowing that you're still awake at this hour means you're putting extra effort to delivery in extremely short notice. All the best Fangy!

It would be hilarious if Whitefang's review showed the Mystery Fig with the black silouette on the photos (with Photoshop) and describing it like "the part assortment is above average with a _____ and a pair of______ but the best part is definetily the _____ in a new color" or " the torso has a nice printing of ______ with ______ on the legs". 

Well, at least it's nothing special, but hiding random figures isn't my favorite idea. I sorta like the idea of knowing the identity but not appearance of a figure that I'm buying, but at the same, I hate the mystery and obsessive hiding that LEGO is doing.

I'm surprised the Vet's hair is new, because it looks so much like the Trendsetter's from the front. 

Edited by 8BrickMario

7 minutes ago, 8BrickMario said:

Well, at least it's nothing special, but hiding random figures isn't my favorite idea. I sorta like the idea of knowing the identity but not appearance of a figure that I'm buying, but at the same, I hate the mystery and obsessive hiding that LEGO is doing.

I'm surprised the Vet's hair is new, because it looks so much like the Trendsetter's from the front. 

Oh so it's a different one, missed that! Thought twas trend setter and marceline.