Vincent Kessels

[MOC] Sewage Pumping Station

Here is my latest Modular Building: the Sewage Pumping Station.

This is a local pumping station pumping sewage from the neighborhood to the sewage treatment plant.

15145360996_2b24bd7784_c.jpg

15168387485_5bd62e3f0a_n.jpg14981731100_6543b2f1ba_n.jpg

The side opens to show the interior.

14981666429_b5e02b6e07_c.jpg

In the corner is the big pump pumping the sewage from the wet well to the outside.

15145365696_5c0feba7f8.jpg

Click on the images for full size versions.

[Flickr album]

Nice build. the jib crain in the building is a nice detail. I sure hope that pump is "Goulds" blue.

Great work.

Nasty. My husband used to visit these for work so I have been to a few. Your details are spot on. Good job.

Great job on the fencing - the tops of those ladders do look like razorwire. But I think my favorite detail is the two-levels you've included in the pavement. I hadn't seen that before.

I already saw this on Flickr, but I'd like to point out my favourite parts: the gravel (?) roof and the use of the clips on the ladders to represent barbed wire or spikes.

Excellent designing there 'VK'.....only missing a wrench on the floor but I do like the waste spillage mixed with oil/grease on the floor.

Brick On 'VK' ! :grin:

I analyze and design these types of stations for a living. I am really impressed with the realism!! Only thing missing is a second pump for redundancy!

I really like this build/idea. It is always cool to see some added realism in a Lego city layout with obscure (but necessary in the real world) structures like this. Good work!

This is fantastic! A great idea and nicely executed. Nice SNOT work to hide the top part of the roller door.

Very nice! Great idea, very well executed. All of our cities should actually have more such structures, not just cute houses... :wink:

Really cool and detailed. I saw one of this in a TV program (like discovery channel) and your model is very close the the real ones! :)

This is not an usual MOC to see arround LEGO world and your job with the general idea and details are great. I think this could be a theme a little bit more explored in layouts arround the expositions in our hobby. Congrats!