The real-life articulated dump truck has double-axles on the rear half. One of the prototypes did, IIRC.

What is the primarily black model between the Dell and Apple monitors? (box against the far wall)

Edited by rollermonkey

That is 9395!

What is the primarily black model between the Dell and Apple monitors? (box against the far wall)

At 0:29? That is 9395!

Edited by Balrog

Where is the link to this video everyone's talking about? It confuses me as I can't find it, and it sounds like there's interesting things to see in it.

Where is the link to this video everyone's talking about? It confuses me as I can't find it, and it sounds like there's interesting things to see in it.

Page 12 at the bottom for example ;)

Do I see light blue gray hubs being used with them? :look:

Sure looks like it... It makes sense to use the steering arms on all 4 wheels with the steerng hubs on all 4.. Just got to be a little more advanced with the rear build to stabilize the hubs and leep them in place...

I'm surprised that is how these designers build, on a desk like that.

What I mean is most of us have work benches with an organiser or some kind behind like trays for sorting parts out with.

I believe that is far more efficient way of building.

Or do you think they "cleaned" up for filming??? :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

They have separate rooms for that, and apart from that they can use a 'shopping cart' to 'shop' in the 'store' to gather all the pieces they want before building.

They have separate rooms for that, and apart from that they can use a 'shopping cart' to 'shop' in the 'store' to gather all the pieces they want before building.

And when they are not satisfied with a model.....they trash it *oh2*

(since it's more expensive to take it apart than to use new parts)

*oh2*

Surely there are some people who work as deconstructors and resorters!

By trash it, I hope you mean recycle or donate or something a little friendlier than throwing it in a dumpster. I'm sure there are tons of non-profits or churches or child care centers that would love to be burdened with the task of taking apart a unwanted LEGO prototype.

By trash it, I hope you mean recycle or donate or something a little friendlier than throwing it in a dumpster. I'm sure there are tons of non-profits or churches or child care centers that would love to be burdened with the task of taking apart a unwanted LEGO prototype.

Nope we trashed them. We jumped on them to make more discarded models fit in the container.

You can then send the container here to Spain and I will recycle them. I will pay you 2€ each kilo. That's a lot for used plastic.

If true, makes sense from a corporate IP protection standpoint. Most organizations creating objects or hardware worth protecting, regardless of usability, worth, or functionality, will destroy them before they leave their facilities. Unfortunate in this case.

I bet they didn't destroy the samples of the 42030 front bucket though...

I suppose it's more profitable for the creative minds to build, rather than to tear apart :sweet: Taking apart a large Technic set can take some time, more so if you are to sort the parts. Dismantling a MOC contributes very little to the creative process I would imagine, so I suppose them using their time to create, makes up for the loss of materials :grin:

Edited by D3K

Another reason to be a garbage collector in the same neighborhood as the lego HQ

You don't need to buy pieces when you can get them for free!

I suppose it's more profitable for the creative minds to build, rather than to tear apart :sweet: Taking apart a large Technic set can take some time, more so if you are to sort the parts. Dismantling a MOC contributes very little to the creative process I would imagine, so I suppose them using their time to create, makes up for the loss of materials :grin:

Hmm. Taking apart models CAN take forever, especially the huge 1000+ part models.

tell me about it - i just took apart my old 8421 as it was dusty and I have cleaned each dirty piece individually... can't wait to make it again but my fingers hurt

Edited by Rockbrick