Rufus

10245 Santa's Workshop: Press Release

gallery_6705_279_514061.jpg

10245 Santa’s Workshop

Ages 12+ | 883 Pieces

US $69.99 - CA $89.99 – AU $119.99 - DE 69.99€ - UK £59.99 - DK 649.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Have festive family fun building Santa’s Workshop!

Enjoy the magic of Christmas with Santa’s Workshop, a festive addition to the LEGO® Winter Village Series! Gather your family around the Christmas tree to build this enchanting winter wonderland. Help the elves make the toys, feed the reindeer and help Santa load up his magical sleigh. Santa’s wife has baked cookies and the clock tower shows it’s nearly time for Santa to deliver the presents—all at the most wonderful time of the year! Includes 6 minifigures: Santa with red gift sack, Mrs. Claus with cookie tray and 4 elves with pointy ears and hats.

The enchanting LEGO® Creator Santa’s Workshop model is full of festive magic and includes a beautiful sleigh, reindeer and a Christmas tree.

• Includes 6 minifigures: Santa with red gift sack, Mrs. Claus with cookie tray and 4 elves with pointy ears and hats

• Features beautiful sleigh with red and gold detail and dark green padding, 4 reindeer and a baby reindeer, building with detailed interior, clock tower and Christmas tree

• Building features stained glass window and Christmas lights on roof

• Accessories include: 4 wrapped presents in assorted sizes and 4 toys including a blue classic spaceship, yellow car and a pink wand

• Also includes North Pole sign, Santa’s Workshop sign and a summer holiday picture of Santa and his wife

• Gather everyone around the Christmas tree!

• Help Santa take off in his sleigh!

• Family dual-building experience: includes separate brick sets with instructions for adults and children aged 8 and over

• Santa’s Workshop measures over 6” (16cm) high, 3” (8cm) deep and 9” (24cm) wide

Available for sale directly through LEGO® beginning October 2014 via shop.LEGO.com, LEGO® Stores or via phone:

US Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (English) Contact Center 1-800-453-4652

CA (French) Contact Center 1-877-518-5346

European Contact Center 00-800-5346-1111

LEGO, the LEGO logo and the Minifigure are trademarks of the LEGO Group. ©2014 The LEGO Group. All rights reserved.

Official Pictures

All pictures are clickable for high-resolution images

Set

gallery_6705_279_4475.jpg

gallery_6705_279_139757.jpg

gallery_6705_279_210526.jpg

gallery_6705_279_50200.jpg

gallery_6705_279_244694.jpg

Figs

gallery_6705_279_63078.jpg gallery_6705_279_37453.jpg gallery_6705_279_42876.jpg

gallery_6705_279_50960.jpg gallery_6705_279_44774.jpg gallery_6705_279_39160.jpg

gallery_6705_279_2808.jpg

gallery_6705_279_104887.jpg

gallery_6705_279_133166.jpg

Misc

gallery_6705_279_18795.jpg gallery_6705_279_16088.jpg gallery_6705_279_81378.jpg

gallery_6705_279_141064.jpg

gallery_6705_279_13890.jpg gallery_6705_279_63683.jpg gallery_6705_279_23447.jpg

gallery_6705_279_44025.jpg gallery_6705_279_26889.jpg gallery_6705_279_31885.jpg

gallery_6705_279_47092.jpg

This is indeed an awesome set!! The elves are pretty funny.

Can't wait to get my hands on it.

We also have the official Designer Video to share with you!

Hm, kinda like the design, but holy crapoli that is one tiny workshop! More than half of the building is apparently Santa's ho-ho-home! Where's the grandeur you'd expect with something as magical as Santa's Workshop?? And I find it a shame the reindeer are brick-built; would have been a nice chance for TLG to give us something special.

Plus-sides: the sled, the figs, the chair, the machine

IMO: disappointing

[EDIT]

The more I look at it, the more disappointing it becomes… the 5 bazillion shades of brown on the inside which make it look unpolished, the fact Santa has to climb a LADDER to get to his chair, why aren't those star-shaped pieces in yellow or gold, no different colors or elf hats, those tails and hollow necks of the reindeer are horrendous.

I'm gonna skip this one.

Edited by Bennemans

It seems that the adverts for winter village sets get earlier and earlier each year... :laugh:

Still as long as you have your elf, that's the main thing

What are those four two-high stacks of 1x2 plates at the front of the picture supposed to be?

EDIT: Oh I get it, they are the parts of the back of the reindeer that can be put in place when they are not harnessed to the sleigh

Edited by EvilTwin

This set looks great, but it seems about $10 overpriced... you can get the new Mos Eisley Cantina for the same price, and that one's a licensed set.

Did anyone else notice that the doormat says 'Welcome Ho-ho-home'?

Edited by Lancethecat

Hm, kinda like the design, but holy crapoli that is one tiny workshop! IMO: disappointing

Despite I have the same opinion about the size of workshop, I think the photos look pretty good. The sleigh and the shop create a very beautiful scenery. This is good enough as a holiday set. The other concern is that a bigger building could have suited the price more.

14877117992_83c50b32b9_z_d.jpg

I hope this isn't the last Winter Village Set! Just watched the video and the designer says - "So this is Santa's workshop set and its perfect to complete your winter village."

Please don't let this be the last one!

It looks neat. I agree the interior could be better. The chair is nice. I don't love the re-use of torsos all of the time. The wires could work better as the CMF, of which I bought plenty for this reason. Mrs Claus could be better.

People are already complaining of the price, but I think it is at an okay area, but I would want better use of pieces to give us something better. If the animals were molded the cost would be astronomical.

I'll pick it up but oh went enjoy it as much as the first three. They haven't been the same since 2011.

"10245 Santa's Workshop" $119Aud ,Looks more like "10245 Santa's Rippoff"

Lego and their price gouging in Australia makes me buy more clone brands.

It's not the greatest, but I'm glad they kept it under $100 (well under). Sure, some things might be disappointing... like brick built reindeer, and a small work shop... but as LEGO builders it gives us the opportunity to use some series 11 elves (and maybe throw a yeti in there, just for fun) and build up Santa's workshop. And having brick built reindeer means we can build our own to add on fairly easily... making it 8 (or 9, if that's your political bent), so you don't have to buy multiple sets to get reindeer (and frankly, we don't need to see $10 reindeer on bricklink so that we can have 8... but that's just my opinion).

EDIT: on second look, that's going to take a lot of work... I'd like to have paid $20 to $30 more for a real workshop, and maybe a stable for the reindeer. I'm almost certain to spend more than that bulking this up. I'm planning on adding a second table to my Christmas train layout to accommodate this set (the others barely fit with my train last year).

Edited by fred67

Yep looks like the Australia Tax has been applied again. It is completely ridiculous in this day and age of the internet.

Yeah, awesome set :wub: with a blown out price for Australia :look: .......69.99 US vs 119.99 AU........sounds like a call to the ACCC is in order right all of us Aussie EB members ? :angry:

Yep looks like the Australia Tax has been applied again. It is completely ridiculous in this day and age of the internet.

Yes, it's expensive in Australia. But it's more expensive in Denmark - where it's actually produced. Using today's exchange rates:

US $69.99 = US $69.99

CA $89.99 = US $82.38

AU $119.99 = US $111.10

DE 69.99€ = US $93.74

UK £59.99 = US $100.92

And: DK 649.00 DKK = US $116.61.

(In Norway it's more than likely, judging by how prices have been in the near past, that it'll end up costing 749.00 NOK = US $119.78.)

I'm not saying it's not expensive in Australia. It is, and I can understand that it's annoying. But if I were Danish, I'd feel that it was even weirder that if you walked from the LEGO factory in Billund to the toy store that's closest to it, in the whole world (provided they actually sold LEGO exclusives), you'd have to pay more for the set you found on the shelves there, which in theory had travelled a few metres, than for the set that has been shipped thousands of miles abroad.

But that's off topic, and it's a discussion that... well, I was going to say it's a discussion that belongs somewhere else. But it really doesn't, it's been discussed to death in numerous other topics over the past years here on EB. It's just how it is.

On topic: I like the set. I'd like to see the house a bit bigger, to at least fit the toy assembly line, but apart from that it's lovely. I adore the brick-built reindeer, and I think it fits perfectly with the rest of the WV series - who says this necessarily has to be the actual Santa's workshop? Why not a tourist trap...? :)

I like it, more or less. I look at the enormous looking clock face from the Town Hall set, and wonder why they couldn't of made the building just a little larger to be in better scale with it...oh well..maybe I will modify it.