Definitely EXO-Force. All those mechs were incredible.

Now that I think about it, EXO-Force used to be kind of like Bionicle. The standard good guy mechs vs the bad guy mechs, a few big "titan" mech sets, and then the smaller ones. Also, there were a few very cool location-based sets.

Man, I wish I could have bought more of them when they were available...

Classic Castle and Classic Pirate deserve a reboot into a higher-end theme. Think of a castle or pirate ship with Creator Modular detailing and building techniques, and a few small supporting sets with good minifigs.

The City-style, aimed at kids versions of these themes we've had the last few years have not worked. In castle, Lego should not focus so much on "good vs bad", just have two factions of armies and some peasants instead. Let the builders decide who the good and bad guys are. Lego should go for AFOL sales.

Edited by BimmerBoy

Classic Castle and Classic Pirate deserve a reboot into a higher-end theme. Think of a castle or pirate ship with Creator Modular detailing and building techniques, and a few small supporting sets with good minifigs.

The City-style, aimed at kids versions of these themes we've had the last few years have not worked. In castle, Lego should not focus so much on "good vs bad", just have two factions of armies and some peasants instead. Let the builders decide who the good and bad guys are. Lego should go for AFOL sales.

That would be fantastic. I would love to see both of those themes.

I'd love to see a return of Adventurers; I think that Johnny Thunder, as a globe-trotting adventurer, is versatile enough to drive all kinds of early-20th-century themes. And unlike, say, Jake Raines, JT has been around for enough subthemes to be iconic.

However, I recently heard somewhere that Orient Expedition sold poorly (despite being, in my opinion, the best Adventurers subtheme). If that's the case, I can see why they'd be hesitant to bring him back full-time. Plus, it has been 12 years since the last regular Adventurers sets, so I'm guessing the nods in places like the Lego Movie are as much as we'll get. Which is a shame, as similarly updated character designs would be great.

Add Classic Space to this and I would be one happy camper!

Edited by danth

Exo-Force was always a favorite...would still love to get the Sentai Fortress and Striking Venom sets that are long out of print. I also really liked Mars Mission and Vikings. That Vikings set with the ship and sea serpent was awesome. Having all 3 of these back instead of Ninjago, Chima, Nexo Knights (don't like any of those) would be great

Add Classic Space to this and I would be one happy camper!

As someone who doesn't really collect Space sets, I'm all for a revival of Classic Space.

As someone who doesn't really collect Space sets, I'm all for a revival of Classic Space.

It's kind of interesting to me that while the last couple iterations of LEGO Castle and LEGO Pirates generally had a "back to basics" approach in terms of subject matter, Space has never really gotten similar treatment. I suppose that may be because while kids' perception of medieval times or the "golden age of piracy" tend to be pretty stable, kids' perception of the future is always changing. So while things like unmanned rockets, moon rovers, and dart-shaped spacecraft felt really authentically futuristic back in the 80s, modern kids' expectations for the future of space travel look a lot different.

That obstacle aside, I am also in the camp that would love to see more old-school LEGO Space themes revisited. I am glad that Duplo has started to explore more sci-fi subject matter with sets like "My First Rocket" or the various Miles from Tomorrowland sets, and it makes me hopeful that maybe we might see more space-related sets in the Juniors theme as well. I feel like the Juniors building style could actually really suit subject matter like the moonbase and rover in Space Command Center or Alpha-1 Rocket Base. Juniors Space sets could potentially take advantage of how younger kids aren't as likely to see the sorts of toys their parents and grandparents grew up with as dated or uncool. And Space sets for younger kids could help get them interested in space travel, creating an audience for more advanced Space sets as that generation gets older.

Is it to soon to say I'd like to see Bionicle G3 already? :wink:

Actually seeing how quickly Bionicle got canned this time around, I am more than willing to wait another decade for Lego to try and revive it again.

Also I might have said this here already but it is always worth repeating, a return to Lego Western sets.

And one last thing for the wishlist, a proper Train theme. While trains are still being produced as part of the City and Creator themes, a full on Train theme would be highly appreciated. I think modern Lego building styles could lend themselves well to detailed models of actual trains. Here is a sample "wish list" I could see for an actual theme:

• $200 American Style Freight Train Starter Pack (Imagine the blue City train but a bit more detailed and more focus on rolling stock and not just structures)
  • $200 European High Speed Train Starter Pack
  • $100 American Style small town Train Station
  • $80 American Style Rotary Snow Plow
  • $80 British Diesel Shunting Locomotive
  • $80 Electric Trolley Car and passenger platform
  • $50 Freight Train Expansion Pack
  • $50 Passenger Train Expansion Pack
  • $15 High Rail Pick-Up Truck

Just a few ideas...

Classic Castle, Fantasy Era Castle, Wolfpack, Kingdoms, even Vikings... Anything but Castle 2013!

Space Police should also make a comeback.

Vikings, Classic Space, and Exo-Force. I may have said this already, but that's all that I want. Hell, even just one of those would be awesome! A CCBS-based Exo Force line would be a suitably different direction to go after Bionicle G2's failure... LEGO, make it happen...

Classic Castle, Fantasy Era Castle, Wolfpack, Kingdoms, even Vikings... Anything but Castle 2013!

Space Police should also make a comeback.

I will not stand for you putting an "even" in front of Vikings. Vikings deserves better! :laugh:

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Vikings were to come back soon. The first wave sold so well that Lego put out two bonus sets the following year, so they clearly sell. Maybe sometime during NK's run?

I will not stand for you putting an "even" in front of Vikings. Vikings deserves better! :laugh:

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Vikings were to come back soon. The first wave sold so well that Lego put out two bonus sets the following year, so they clearly sell. Maybe sometime during NK's run?

Maybe, though if Nexo Knights does have a wave with Sea Monsters like those in the Book of Monsters, I would not be surprised if those sets ended up taking inspiration from Viking ships...

I would think that if any historic theme were to run alongside Nexo Knights, it might be the perfect time for a non-Medieval, non-European one, like the return of Western.

Bionicle.

yes.

In all seriousness, Exo-Force. It would be so cool to see that minifigure style again in HD. And imagine what the show would be like.

For me, Racers

I remember those beautiful boxes from Tiny Turbos, the models were amazing.

And no, no way Speed Champions is a substitute to the awesomeness of Racers.

I just love the Nitro Menace, need to get the other two studless models

Edited by LXF

3 hours ago, Esvald Forceswoop said:

With the Cursed Child play and the Fantastic Beasts movie, I'd really love to see Harry Potter returning.

As I was reading through this last page, I was thinking the exact same thing! :laugh: Even if it were just a huge exclusive Hogwarts set, in the vein of the Ghostbusters HQ or Disney Castle. I'd really love a set like that!

3 hours ago, Legomaster34 said:

As I was reading through this last page, I was thinking the exact same thing! :laugh: Even if it were just a huge exclusive Hogwarts set, in the vein of the Ghostbusters HQ or Disney Castle. I'd really love a set like that!

As far as I would love to see another Hogwarts Castle set (even though I already own one version - I see the Castles more like Hogwarts castle parts, as if TLG wanted to release a 1:1 Hogwarts it would be way too expensive) I'd rather see sets we're missing from the HP universe. There is so much potential. We have no sets related to the Ministry of Magic. Or 12 Grimmauld Palace. In fact I think the only Order of the Phoenix set was a Castle (part). A non-prisoner version of Sirius Black (one of my favorite characters) would be awesome. Some older sets like the Private Drive 4 or the Basilisk Chamber could use a revision. And I didn't even tackle new material from the new movie or the play.

Bottom line is: Give us HP stuff :laugh:

19 minutes ago, Esvald Forceswoop said:

As far as I would love to see another Hogwarts Castle set (even though I already own one version - I see the Castles more like Hogwarts castle parts, as if TLG wanted to release a 1:1 Hogwarts it would be way too expensive) I'd rather see sets we're missing from the HP universe. There is so much potential. We have no sets related to the Ministry of Magic. Or 12 Grimmauld Palace. In fact I think the only Order of the Phoenix set was a Castle (part). A non-prisoner version of Sirius Black (one of my favorite characters) would be awesome. Some older sets like the Private Drive 4 or the Basilisk Chamber could use a revision. And I didn't even tackle new material from the new movie or the play.

Bottom line is: Give us HP stuff :laugh:

Oh don't get me wrong, I'd love a full theme more than anything! But as someone who missed out on all the previous castles, I'd love to have a chance to get one, especially if LEGO could make it as impressive as the other two sets I mentioned. I think one of the biggest things missing from the old theme was so many characters! We didn't even get Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff robes! I'd like a torso for my sigfig with my actual house on it! :grin:

Let's see on my wish list? I'll deviate from the norm. Instead of simply a return to Classic Space, I would like to see a return of some of their more interesting followups. Blacktron 3, Space Police 4, Ice Planet, Mtron. Etc. 

a nice shiny D2C Classic Castle would be a treat. I don't need a whole theme. Just take the concept of "Yellow Castle" and re-imagine it as a 2000 piece set using tans and such. With battlements and towers and knights etc. go all out. 

We are overdue for a new Power Miners/Rock Raiders type theme. And no the stupid City mining and volcano sub themes don't count! Requires Rock Monsters!!! 

And topping my list of themes that need a return, a modern classic that only got one glorious wave and a D2C. Monster Fighters!