Rufus

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 12 Rumours and Discussion

I know which ones I am getting, and those will be the Dino Hunter (perfect to go with my Dino set) and the Video Gamer for the face and the hair. I might get the Space Miner if it can fit in with Galaxy Squad.

Looks like this could be the best series in quite a while. Nice.

I'd think with pictures surfacing from a catalogue, that these are the final figures. Not sure why people would think they would be changed again...

With that said, I love Merlin and Katniss. I only picked up one Dino set and that was used for about half off. I couldn't justify those regular prices. This figure looks neat, although the hair is the best part.

The wizard reminds me of Merlin, which I'm okay with. I love the patterned robe and cape. The headgear will definitely be re-used somewhere else (maybe the princess).

The Goddess is brilliant. So far, she is the only one I'd consider getting multiples of, if only for the shield. She'll be limited to 2 per 60 pack, most likely. I'll have to get one for me, one for my daughter. And any others I can find.

The swashbuckler looks decent. A fine addition to a pirate-esque theme. I like the new colors.

The space driller is weird. I don't like the color scheme, but I will get him for the collection anyway.

The gamer is interesting. The controller is exactly what I pictured. Very reminiscent of the original NES. That is if the joysticks were the middle buttons.

I can't wait to see the rest. This shows some promise.

Edit: And did anyone notice the side leg printing on the Dino hunter. Nice touch LEGO.

Edited by TheLegoDr

Another helmet with female hair, after the valkyrie this is a good trend. The goddess Looks very greek, I hope some other leg and skirt pieces fit her well.

The more I look at that Dino Hunter's hairpiece the more I think it might be used for Princess Leia at some point. The front does sort of look like Bespin Leia's hairstyle. Maybe I'm just imagining the similarity (It's also the right color too). Anymore when I see these minfigures I just can't help but guess where the pieces will be used in sets.

I can't wait to see the others! :blush: That wizard is really nice! I don't know why I got this vibe from series 1-3 when first seeing the picture :laugh:

Edited by Otherworld

I'm really happy with all of these! :classic::thumbup:

Here are my opinions:

- Space Miner: I really like this one, especially for the pieces.

- Wizard: The printing is simply great, especially the hat.

- Dino Tracker: Kind of a generic minifigure, except for two things: the bow that's never been in a set beside one including Hawkeye, and side leg printing.

- Battle Goddess: Other than the kind of odd lipstick... Stuff... she's a really nice 'fig! :wink:

- Swashbuckler: Probably the one I'm least impressed by, but the gold jousting sword is still pretty neat.

- Video Game Guy: Yes. Just yes. :drool:

I really don't understand why all most of the people on Brickset are really disliking the Video Game Guy... He's one of, if not my favorite minifigure shown so far. :sceptic:

Space Miner... perhaps a sign of things to come? Although we haven't seen the Space Trooper helmet in any space themes since his release, one could hope for an Asteroid-mining-esque space theme in the future.

Wow, I can't believe I've missed out on so much conversation here! I'm thrilled with this series, I agree with past comments that some of the series recently have been kinda...gimmicky. Mr. Gold, movie, the Simpsons, they all seemed restrictive. I completely lost all interest when the Simpsons arrived, but this has me right back in! The variety is awesome and the early leaked photos are killer! I only grab the ones I'm interested in, but I've not seen any I'd skip on yet! The goddess is a must have, the rest are pretty near that in my book!

I really don't understand why all most of the people on Brickset are really disliking the Video Game Guy... He's one of, if not my favorite minifigure shown so far. :sceptic:

I totally agree with you! Maybe it's just because I am doing City MOC's, but that guy is just perfect. He may not have the greatest accessories but the fig itself is awesome. The rest are just new versions of old stuff for genres i don't really care about. There are soooo many wizards now... I wish they would make more City CMF's :classic:

That evil purple jester would be amazing for the CMF! He's the one I want the most, and the most likely one to get, to me.The only evil jester they've done before is Harley Quinn, and she doesn't really count. I'm pretty tired of the happy Castle jesters, as well. It would be great if the purple one is the one we get, and if he comes with a scepter. Although if that is him, calling him only the "Jester" seems odd. He seems like an "Evil Jester" or "Dark Jester" to me. The next one I want to see is the Genie Girl.

Edited by 8BrickMario

I like that seem a little more generic and less specific use than the last few series. It let's them be more easily used in MOCs and scenes and blended with existing themes. I know the straight up minifig collectors tend to prefer more detailed and specific characters. But I love seem decent distinct types that mix in with my themes.

I seem to be in the minority, but I love the space miner. He has a weird retro SciFi feel, yet seems well suited for army building. His colors kind of remind me of the old Rock Raiders theme. And his gear makes me think of some sort of commercial space gear from Dr. Who.

The Wizard looks to be one of the high points of the series. I am utterly astonished that they seem to have snuck in a Hunger Games type fig, and impressed at how they did it while managing to avoid the whole messy "child killing" issue. The Swashbuckler looks great and will be a welcome addition in many Pirate or Historical MOCs. The Battle Goddess will be the other great army builder.

OH YES.

YES.

YES.

YES.

Lego Minifigures are back the way they SHOULD be. :D

A strong minifig lineup- and we haven't even seen the full series yet!

Space Miner: love this figure, especially the cool helmet! I don't like the accessory though, I would have thought that they would create a new drill mold because the unicorn horn on a ray gun looks quite odd.

Wizard: Wow! Nice! And so many parts. If the cape is two separate pieces, I count ten parts! As for the minifig, I really like the printing and headpiece. A must have for me. :thumbup:

Dino Tracker: Eh... not quite sure about this one. Although I like the hair, I find the inclusion of a bow and arrow puzzling. What use would that be against a dinosaur?! I would prefer a baby dino as an accessory instead.

Battle Goddess: :drool: everything about it is amazing!

Swashbuckler: Not bad! I like it better than I thought I would. Great torso print!

Video Gamer: Ok... could be better. It just seems a little bit plain to me, and I'm a bit disappointed that his controller is a printed piece. However, it's not the worst minifigure I've seen, so I may get him.

As long as the rest of the minifigures are this good, it'll be the best series yet!

These look pretty good, but not really stellar. I wonder whether the enthusiasm here isn't at least partially due to the long absence of anormal series...

Space miner: A strange concept for a figure. Looks rather retro - for this reason I really hope the helmet at least will be metallic. Otherwise the fig would be pretty bland. I think the drill is clever, though it doesn't look much like a mining tool.

Wizard: He's nice, rather stereotypical, but its good to see the cone hat being reused. Shame the beard isn't in a new color.

Dino tracker: Well now we know who the 5th female is. I wonder why they didn't give her a tranq gun, it would make more sense than a bow. Just to reuse the bow mold?

Battle goddess: Very interesting. Good to see she's Greek-style after all. Interesting sandal printing. I assume the skirt will be cloth and the plume will be interchangeable with the centurion's.

Swashbuckler: Very nice, glad to see the hat in a new color (is it reown or dark brown?). Don't really care for the golden rapier, but eh.

Gamer: Pretty bland, but the sleeves are good. Is that a USB on his leg?

Its quite possible "Dino Tracker" is a mistranslation although the fig itself looks useful and its nice to get the hawk-eye bow in a cheaper set.

The wizard is cool, as is the gamer.

Is that a new helmet on the space miner? The ray gun in orange is new too I think.

As for all the Greek and Roman figs we are getting, its possible that the LEGO designers want to do a Greek/Roman styled theme (and have wanted to for a while) but have thus far been unable to get it green-lit and have therefore been trying to fit Green and Roman themes into other places (e.g. the vaguely Greek/Roman architecture in that Atlantis set and all the Greek/Roman CMFs we have been getting)

Dino tracker: Well now we know who the 5th female is. I wonder why they didn't give her a tranq gun, it would make more sense than a bow. Just to reuse the bow mold?

My guess is that this is a non-licensed attempt to capitalize on the Hunger Games, and the tranq gun would negate that.

Probably, the tranq dart was an afterthought to make the character different enough to avoid copyright issues, along the tacked on 'Dino Hunter' title.

I don't mind; this, the Warrior Goddess, and the Hun (still waiting on pictures) figs are for-sure buys for me, in multiples if I can swing it.