Hey guys!

Some of you have already seen the WIP thread, so here's the video and proper pictures of my latest moc!

2dkg1t5.jpg

Mitsubishi Pajero Pinin

This is the car I own in real life so i always thought about building it out of legos :D

It's been quite a long way to get it complete but I finally made it!

Features:

- 4x4

- 4+N+R sequential gearbox

- Auto clutch

- Braking system

- Mac pherson strut

- Rear live axle

- Brake lights

- Front lights

- Openable doors, hood and bonnet

- Working steering wheel

Here's a video of it

The model works good except for the 4th gear wich is hard to engage as the gearbox is un-synchronized...on the other side the braking system works great! I actually didn't expected it to be so powerful, it can stop the model in a small space even if it's travelling fast.

I hope you'll like it :)

2817xqs.jpg

2r4sb55.jpg

2w5r1hj.jpg

21kdx5f.jpg

xgb2c3.jpg

2hq81g0.jpg

Edited by piterx

Magnificent! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Fantastic looks and great performance with so many functions packed it, awesome. :grin:

I like the position of the servo as it kinda looks like an engine cover, and fits in well.

The wheel arches have deff grown on me too. :tongue:

I would love to see some more detailed pics of the XLs, hehe.

Anyways great job man, well worth the effort! :grin::thumbup:

Great work as always! I'd love to see more detail shots of the finished gearbox and selector mechanism. Has it changed much from your initial prototype?

Nice design and technique:)

I think it is the best Lego car with gearbox I have ever seen. But the A and C pillars could be more massive. ;) But it is just little detail.

Nicely done , you did some great work here

The wheel arches are now better indeed :thumbup:

Tibivi

Finally you have it completed the. super :)

Although we remember you promised to somehow tell more details about your gearbox, you said yourself that you have it turned out very compact and successful in the sense that the gear changes happen very smoothly.

I see you finished it :) I remember seing this beauty in real life, so many details and functions! Great work.

thank you very much guys :)

i can make instructions for the gearbox if you want but it's not perfect yet...i mean, it's a really good start but it's not perfect....

good things are:

it doesn't have too much friction

the shifting mechanism is really precise even if it can be improved

1-2-3 gear are nicely progressive

bad things:

as it's un-synchronized, 4th gear is really hard to engage, mainly because that gear spins faster than the 3rd and the selector can't shift smoothly between one and the other.

there's something wrong with the R gear wich shows the weakness of the gearbox dismounting it when too much torque is applied, a transverse beam would solve that thing btw

today i'll take the body apart so i can take some pictures of the chassis :) i'll post them later!

Yay its finally finished! Ive been following it since you started the project and it turned out great!

Great looking car! The video is also very nicely done with some great looking shots. What camera/lens setup did you use?

tim

I really like this, so much going on. The vide is really well done as well very nice all round. Will you keep this or will it have to go to make way for the next moc?

Great looking car! The video is also very nicely done with some great looking shots. What camera/lens setup did you use?

tim

thank you! i've been using a canon 5D from a friend...don't get used to this quality of image ahaha i'll be back to my gopro soon xD

I really like this, so much going on. The vide is really well done as well very nice all round. Will you keep this or will it have to go to make way for the next moc?

tomorrow morning it will be just a memory :D

This should be an official set - so compact and so many functions - love the gearbox and braking system

Could you make instruction of this masterpiece - sequential gearbox?:)

if you want i can take pictures while dismounting the gearbox or other parts separately such as braking system

the only thing is that the gearbox isn't perfect as i stated before, but hell yeah, it's a good start!

so i'll surely make instructions for the gearbox :)

i'm working at the ldraw file of the gearbox so i can share it with you!

so this part is the shifting mechanism that converts the 90° rotation of the servo motor into a 1 stud movement

you just need to add a rubber band on the two spherical pins :)

stay tuned for the rest of it!

35jgx2r.jpg