Here is the 1971 ford GTHO WIP. Hope you guys like it. :sweet:

Any suggestions are welcome, particularly regarding the corners of the car, do you think its smooth enough, Cheers.

108772_00mg.jpg

12669023953_0d585cae3a_c.jpg

12669026783_2aa9d017e8_c.jpg

12668893275_2507161e61_c.jpg

12668891045_b71bccd14f_c.jpg

looks amazing:) i like the mix of classic lego mixed wtih technic,

maybe you can replace the 2 black flat front plates (1x2) with the pieces 54200

keep up the good work!

looks amazing:) i like the mix of classic lego mixed wtih technic,

maybe you can replace the 2 black flat front plates (1x2) with the pieces 54200

keep up the good work!

Thats a good idea! Thanks, will have a look if I have any. :thumbup:

Looks great !! :thumbup::classic:

Thank you very much. :sweet:

That is like an exact replica. It is utterly beautiful. Can't wait to see the chassis.

Oh, and how are you going to fit the tires in between the wheel well. Is it going to have raised suspension?

Edited by unimog123

Amazing!

The only thing I might change is with the light gray parts. I would move the light gray 'cheese slopes' back 1 plate so they're flush with the trans-clear ones, and then maybe replace the gray plates that run along the top of the grill with 'plate, modified with door rail' if you have them. Right now the cheese slopes don't quite align with the plates.

That's a tiny detail, though - this is easily some of the best bodywork I've ever seen in Lego!

That is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen built out of technic. o.o

I can't wait for more progress!! :D

TLH

Thank you very much guys for the kind words! Definitely giving me some more motivation! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Haven't started the chassis yet, been trying to solve the steering issues first. I want a nice "void" for the engine.

the front steering will hopefully have neg caster and camber using the new parts.

I will be using 62 mm wheels, and hopefully they will tuck inside the body work and wont look too bad, I think models of old cars can get away with this.

I've made a roof, but have no idea yet how to connect it. :grin: I'm guessing i will need U-joints, because LBG 45 degree connectors are very rare and pricey.

12669370284_2a3805e248_c.jpg

Amazing!

The only thing I might change is with the light gray parts. I would move the light gray 'cheese slopes' back 1 plate so they're flush with the trans-clear ones, and then maybe replace the gray plates that run along the top of the grill with 'plate, modified with door rail' if you have them. Right now the cheese slopes don't quite align with the plates.

That's a tiny detail, though - this is easily some of the best bodywork I've ever seen in Lego!

Thank you very much. :laugh: I will do that! Dunno what I was thinking, lol.

Geez mate, this is really great.......really well done on the body so far.....congrats!! My son reckons "" this is the sickest tecknic car eva!!"" I have just emailed the link to a couple of my mates who are Ford men and they love it so far. Pls keep us updated w the buld, cheers Pete.

Thanks for the great feedback guys! :thumbup:

Geez mate, this is really great.......really well done on the body so far.....congrats!! My son reckons "" this is the sickest tecknic car eva!!"" I have just emailed the link to a couple of my mates who are Ford men and they love it so far. Pls keep us updated w the buld, cheers Pete.

HAHAHA, awesome, thanks! Are you in QLD?