Man with a hat

MOC: Modular shop with apartment

Hello all,

I finally finished (or at least I say it is finished now :wink: ) my new modular building.

It has taken me some time and I started with the idea more than two years ago but here it is:

shop_01.jpg

As you can (hopefully) see it is a shop on the ground floor with on the right the entrance to the apartment above.

I am happy with how the front turned out. It has some overhang but that is characteristic of most old buildings.

shop_30.jpg

The backside of the building is less interesting, although I am quite pleased with the drain pipes:

shop_32.jpg

It is modular so all the floors can be separated, although some parts are a little fragile I have to admit.

shop_27.jpg

I have put in some interior as well. Here is the inside of the shop:

shop_23.jpg

The apartment basically has two floors. One with a combined living room and kitchen and a small "library".

shop_16.jpg

It is a very basic kitchen. And what is that cat looking for?

The other floor has the main bedroom, a bath room and a so far not decorated small room.

shop_10.jpg

The attic has only some storage boxes, so it is not that interesting.

So, that's it. I hope you like it. More pictures can be found here.

And please feel free too comment.

Edited by Man with a hat

Now that's a building with some character!

I love the colour scheme, and you're completely right about the facade!

The piping is such a lovely detail!

Keep up the great work!!!

Really great build! Are you competing in the LowLug Modular Madness competition? You'd have a chance! The facade is gorgeous as is the interior of the shop. My only nitpick would be that the upper rooms could use some colour. For instance the bedsheet is the same colour as the wall. Other than that, as said, great build!

Excellent looking "trapgevel". The coffee shop fits in great with the classic architecture of the building.

The kitchen is a really nice build, it makes great use of the space. The apartment does feel a bit empty compared to the coffee shop, guess it is for rent/sale?

Really great build! Are you competing in the LowLug Modular Madness competition? You'd have a chance!

I think, though might be wrong, it is either too wide (over 16 studs) or too narrow (under 32 studs) with its 22 studs width to fit in one of the building categories, otherwise yes it would be a great contender.

Very nice! The inside of the coffeeshop is really great!

Two suggestions: change the color of some flowers to something else than red. And add something more colorful to the apartment, for example change the color of the bed cloth.

I really like that style, at first you can't really see what's going on with the facade because it's the same color, but then it gets interesting! :classic::thumbup:

Thank you all for the nice comments.

... My only nitpick would be that the upper rooms could use some colour. For instance the bedsheet is the same colour as the wall. Other than that, as said, great build!

Thank you, and yes I found the upper rooms a bit dull myself. It could use some colour.

Excellent looking "trapgevel". The coffee shop fits in great with the classic architecture of the building.

The kitchen is a really nice build, it makes great use of the space. The apartment does feel a bit empty compared to the coffee shop, guess it is for rent/sale?

Thank you too. I thought the new owner just moved in, hence not every room is fully decorated yet. I was a bit out of inspiration :blush:

Very nice! The inside of the coffeeshop is really great!

Two suggestions: change the color of some flowers to something else than red. And add something more colorful to the apartment, for example change the color of the bed cloth.

Thanks as well, also for the suggestions. Colour would be the key to livening up the interior. And some different flowers may work as well. Although I also see a lot of same colour flower baskets around. I may need to try to see what works.

It looks great! The colour scheme is nice, and there's enough details on the facade to make it interesting. Interiors is equally great. I didn't notice at first, but making the building wider works really well and gives extra space on the inside. Well done!

I love this building!! The front is just beautiful with the arrangement of arches you've used. The interior is just as good (I especially like shop and the apartment kitchen area). Excellent work!

This is really nice! I like the exterior - particularly the drain pipes and those flower boxes - and those two bar stools on the pavement. The colour combinations work very well, both inside and out, although I agree that the inside could probably have been a bit more colourful. And your interiors are very well done, especially the ground floor.

This is a very impressive modular building! Both front and back façades are great looking and the interior is really well done! Is the shop a coffee shop, the items look delicious :wub: I love the outside drinking area and the overall colour scheme is great!!

Fantastic work and happy building :laugh:

Edited by timmyc1983

Why did I miss this? It is a very nice and very Dutch building, and I'm a huge fan of the colour medium dark flesh, since it comes very near the colour of real bricks. I also like the interior with its balanced, not too bright colours. Nice work!

This building not only looks great, inside and out, it also incorporate a lot of clever design details and parts use. My favourites are the way the planter boxes are hanging from the wall, the bars holding the front awning, the back fence and the rear downpipes. The bike hanging in the stairwell is also a nice detail. Love it!

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

I love that facade! And it took me a while to figure out that it was 24 wide - that explains why it doesn't seem out of proportion even though it is so tall! :P

The shop and apartment interior is great too - although I agree that the apartment could use a few more colours.

Great build overall.