More than a year ago I did a first attempt on a Truck that would radiate the look of some of the 25 meter long Scandinavian road trains. This model was inspired by Finnish company Ristimaa, who runs a small fleet of beautiful Scania’s and Volvo’s.

After Lego Fanwelt 2012 I took it apart and made long term plans for a fresh one. For the first time I used rather big stickers and there was room for improvement. So a few months ago I started work on a completely new build, another Scania, as I had none left of the newer types in my collection at the moment.

The R560 V8 unit is including 2 engines for steering and drive, and remotely steerable. The scale is roughly 1:16. The cabin and bulbar are tiltable, and all is fully detailed, including V8 engine. When watching a ‘Pirates of the Caribbean’ movie the idea rose to make the artwork on this theme together with the ambition to set the overall detail level to yet another level upwards.

Now airbrushing Lego is not easy, it might be even impossible, at least for me it is. I took the Photoshop path to work around my lack of talent with the airbrush pistol. I think there is as many hours in the photo editing work, as in building the truck and trailer itself, with the trailer stickers moving up to working with 36 layers before merging. A friend of mine printed them industrially, and my wife applied them, as she has much more patience with that type of job then me.

A few hundred bricks were chromed by the ‘plating on plastics’ industrial technology. Th8s model can be soon during the Legoworld event in The Netherlands 17-10 / 23-10 2013 :

<a href="http://www.legoworld.nl/" rel="nofollow">www.legoworld.nl/</a>

Dutch Lowlug will be hosting a 400 sqm booth, with their best work, including: Konarja, Dennis Bosman, Barman, myself and many others.

Here are some stats:

Scania R560 V8 1:16

Total brickamount: approx. 8000

Weight: approx. 8 kg

Total length: 1.53 meters

Total width: 16 cm

Building time: 3 – 4 months

9840228935_7bc11dee80_b.jpg

9840250656_88cb043055_b.jpg

9840250166_4c30279a75_b.jpg

9840249226_97321323e0_b.jpg

Stunning, just like the real thing. Love the use of chrome as well, certainly not overkill. 8 kg is quite some weight, what motors did you use for the propulsion?

The type of MOCs I really enjoy being made from LEGO parts. :wub:

Do you have pictures with cabin tilted and what is hidden behind it?

Pretty impressive! I do think though that I like it better without the trailer. With the trailer the first impression is "huge". Without the trailer the first impression is "beautiful truck".

Also, I'm a purist. So I don't like the stickers. But everything else is really wonderful. The lights, mirrors, color scheme with brown details, there's only little giving away it's actually Lego.

It is stunningly realistic, and as asked earlier I'd like more pictures and an answer to how the axles support the weight :wink:

Beautiful truck and trailer. I don't think you could better it. That's a model team set if ever I saw one.

:thumbup: H

It is stunningly realistic, and as asked earlier I'd like more pictures and an answer to how the axles support the weight :wink:

Thnx for all the kind words!It runs quite smooth actually. The weight is distributed good, but more important the differentials are put rigid in a 6 stud wide chassis. The axles have only one bush outside the chassis, and have then double wheels. There is minor strain in it. Towards the cabin the chassis is 8 studs wide, and hosts the XL and medium engines. I'll see if i can make a picture of the underside.

Edited by Bricksonwheels

I absolutely love! It doesn't even look like LEGO (and in this case, that is a good thing!) Also, it is obviously a lot bigger than I initially thought! :classic:

Very good work! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love it mate and we gona blow everybody at Legoworld next month :wub: :wub: :wub:

Dude.. really... :laugh: :laugh: Reminds me of that scene in Demolition Man, where Sly corrects Sandra Bullock... "Away.... Blow these guys away!"

Edited by D3K

Wow!!!

Looking forward to seeing this at Legoworld :thumbup:

:wub:

When I saw the first pic, I thought "cool he has posted a real scale model of this truck"

But NO! This is lego!

Breathtaking work!

My only complaint is there needs to be more Keira!!! :tongue: