SzU

[MOC] Striped Townhouse

Hello everyone

Let me show You my latest MOC - townhouse with interior. I really like the idea of LEGO's Modular Building series and I remember being very impressed by set no.10218.

Front elevtion can be separated from model, revealing interior. This also helped me with constant rebuilding of elevation - there would be a lot more work to deconstruct 4 walls instead of only one! Besides this, in the future only front elevation can be integrated into the street full of similar houses, letting me to re-use bricks from other 3 walls.

Photos where shot by my friend Rafał Zerych.

Flickr gallery

MOCPages gallery

Brickshelf gallery

Some photos:

24211845714_0f3d41d3d9_b.jpg

Lego MOC: Striped Townhouse by Szymon Urban, on Flickr

24840018675_6b3f7edd8c_c.jpg

24472400719_b63d1bd0f4_c.jpg

24840019495_304f20898c_c.jpg

24840020055_962ff05aa7_c.jpg

EDIT 2016.02.06: Flickr links fixed.

Edited by SzU

Very, very nice. Fantastic interior detail. The outside also has a lot of character.....not just a shoe box stood on its end (like so many MOC plans that I see on ebay). If modified for compatibility with the Lego series of modular buildings, it would be a great addition to anyones modular city.

Really nice colours and details inside and out. I like the removable front for access too: Standard roof-off 16-wide modulars are very fiddly to access, so your removable facade is a great solution.

Nice exterior, AWESOME interior......the dining setting and TV ent. unit is fantastic........great work 'SzU' and Brick On ! :grin:

Pure awesome-ness both inside and out. :wub: :wub: I love the texture and colours of the front facade and the attention to detail on the inside is second to none.

Excellent! I like the color combo you've used - it's striking without being flashy. And the interior is chock-a-block full of great looking details. I particularly like the wall mounted speakers, the hand rail on the spiral staircase and I'm a huge fan of drainpipes.

I really like it - thanks for sharing it with us and welcome to Eurobricks SzU!

The combination of colours is fantastic, especially with the dark red roof. The interior has some great details as well - that's a good solution to making the hob!

He! That's good and by the way welcome on EB. There are many things that I like, such as the actually opening door (!) and also the kitchen and of course the living room. I was just wondering where are they actually sleeping? and also where is the second exit (cause it is kind of useful in case of fire!) but anyway you know I'm just saying...

I really find clever the idea to remove the facade. There are many details on it I actually like.

Well done!

Thanks for sharing! I really like the outcome. The colors work really well together and aren't overwhelming at all. I love the interior decor. I really need to get to work on mine. The kitchen and tv look great. The stairs look really nice, but they seem too steep for my taste.

Keep up the great work!

Wow! What a lovely MOC, I could easily see this standing on the shelves next to the official sets! Perfect color combinations and creative use of the masonry brick! Bookmarked and added to my google doc file "Things to copy" ;-)

I will definitely be adopting your technique for splitting each floor in half for easier access. Truly spectacular interior. :thumbup:

What a great way to start the EB 'life'. :classic: Welcome!

Perfect color combinations and creative use of the masonry brick!

I can't agree more, it's stunning. The way the house opens to reveal the interior (which is absolutely perfect as well) is really ingenious.

Wow!!! Really nice MOC SzU!!!

I love it!!! What else can I say! Great interior, the facade is beautiful... Great Job!

Oh my god this is so lovely, beautiful pictures, great colors and loads of details on the inside as well on the outside. I'd buy this without hesitation if it were a set, Really awesome job!!!

This is amazing. The amount of detail to the front exterior is just mind blowing.

Edited by kermit

That's a great building. The interior is very good.

I like the fact that you made the fronts detachable, although I wouldn't use the black pins.

They are too strong. You run the risk of breaking the halves apart.