Kristel

MOC - Black Velvet Cafe and Accountant's Offices

i just noticed that the interior of the cafe has a two-tone dark and light tan colour-scheme that's separated by the black stripes. It's such a subtle touch, but it's a great addition.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I really appreciate the feedback!

Looking as good as your previous buildings.

Here's hoping we can expect a pdf with instructions?

Thanks, ReflectioN. I'm working on doing up the instructions, so stayed tuned!

Love it, great details, great facade. :wub:

Thanks Svad!

That's a great building, Kristel. I really like the black facade.

The interior is also very good, although the cafe is aperently not that popular.

There is definit lack of customers. :wink:

I love how you managed to make a relatively "blocky" building so interesting by means of great piece usage (like the columns made from rotated palisade bricks and basically the whole exterior of the café). The colour scheme is wonderful, both on the interior and the exterior and you really make use of every available stud of space (both on the facade and the interior). Great job. :sweet:

Speechless, so many fantastic details that mention just a few doesn't seem to do it any justice. Thanks for sharing with us Kristel.

EDIT: Congrats on making the Frontpage too...

Edited by Aussie BJ

Wow! Just plain amazing, again! All the little details, who thinks to put a dumpster out back? Kristel, that's who. Your modulr buildings never dissappoint always great. The striping technique... Well, great!

Andy D

That's a great building, Kristel. I really like the black facade.

The interior is also very good, although the cafe is aperently not that popular.

There is definit lack of customers. :wink:

Thanks, Vincent. I tend to forget the minifigures - you can see a couple of mugs in the courtyard that are supposed to have customers and I also forgot to put someone behind the counter!

I love how you managed to make a relatively "blocky" building so interesting by means of great piece usage (like the columns made from rotated palisade bricks and basically the whole exterior of the café). The colour scheme is wonderful, both on the interior and the exterior and you really make use of every available stud of space (both on the facade and the interior). Great job. :sweet:

Thanks, Rick, both for the kind words and the front page. It really means a lot to me.

Speechless, so many fantastic details that mention just a few doesn't seem to do it any justice. Thanks for sharing with us Kristel.

EDIT: Congrats on making the Frontpage too...

The exterior is lovely but what really sells this MOC for me is the interior! Talk about attention for detail!

That looks really good! I love the little courtyard at the back.

Awesome, really impressive!

Congrats on frontpage ;)

That is Great! nice job keeping the modular design and concept

Thanks for nice comments, guys! I'm glad you like it.

Wow! Just plain amazing, again! All the little details, who thinks to put a dumpster out back? Kristel, that's who. Your modulr buildings never dissappoint always great. The striping technique... Well, great!

Andy D

Seriously blushing now. Thanks Andy!

Very thoughtful design, it feels very real and useable. The accountants' is a smart use of the upper storeys, and I really like how much of the outside is a different colour to the inside of the building - using 2 stud thick walls allows this, and it's a charm to see it used so well.

I always love seeing the modular building creations of everyone...not sure I can add any more compliments other than I would buy this in a heartbeat. Great job

Edited by Herky

Awesome building. Like most others, I also really like the black facade. It gives it an "authentic" feeling.

Lovely modular yet again, Kristel :thumbup: The colorscheme is excellent and I like the offset windows.

The interior has lots of great details: the bench seat and stools in the coffe shop, the cubicles in the accounting office, and the bookshelf in the boss's office.

The layout of the rooms and whole building seems very well thought out and I like the coffee shop's little courtyard in the back :thumbup:

Congrats on being front paged, you deserved it :classic: