The Jersey Brick Guy

Modular Building Sets - Rumours and Discussion

Diggydoes posted today that the agency is on top of the bar, which a lot of us expected I think. So it does seem likely that the set features 2 buildings with an alley in between. One building is home to the barber shop (does it have an apartment or anything above it?) and the other is home to the bar (1st floor) and detective agency (2nd and/or 3rd floor). This sounds awesome!

We know LEGO has an anti-alcohol policy (at least for "modern" sets) so I dont think they would be doing a "bar" as such.

We know LEGO has an anti-alcohol policy (at least for "modern" sets) so I dont think they would be doing a "bar" as such.

I seem to remember in the last video where Jamie introduced the PR he discussed champaign for a proposal and he said the couple was going to the room upstairs, hinting that an unmarked couple was staying the night in a room together.

Hmmm......

Edited by Andy D

the museum reached 10K supporters today on Lego ideas...will be interesting to see where that goes...if we have 2 buildings, a bar lower with the agency on top and the barber shop next door, can you really call the modular a detective agency then? Business offices or something like that makes more sense than detective agency when that is only on 1 of potentially 6 floors. Doesn't really matter, I am going into details really, I am up for anything at this point.

the museum reached 10K supporters today on Lego ideas...will be interesting to see where that goes...if we have 2 buildings, a bar lower with the agency on top and the barber shop next door, can you really call the modular a detective agency then? Business offices or something like that makes more sense than detective agency when that is only on 1 of potentially 6 floors. Doesn't really matter, I am going into details really, I am up for anything at this point.

The Pet Shop is called such but only occupies one of 6 floors, I think the name is more for indentification than anything else.

Edited by mmcclelland

Fingers crossed for the museum to pass review, I realize it's a long shot, but you can dream. If i'm not mistaken it was one of the fastest growing support projects on Ideas so far. I guess that says it has something going for it.

Fingers crossed for the museum to pass review, I realize it's a long shot, but you can dream. If i'm not mistaken it was one of the fastest growing support projects on Ideas so far. I guess that says it has something going for it.

I hope it passes too. Have wanted it ever since I first saw it.

It will never ever pass. But keep on dreaming.

I agree sadly as it is too big......Lego usually produce Ideas sets between two price points and modulars are way out of those price points.

Now the bar serving booze....why not......doesn't the PR have wine bottles and we had a collectable minifig waiter with wine bottle on a tray.

Unless TLG is simply trolling for ideas or for some other esoteric reason that I can't comprehend, if lego won't approve large piece count projects......then they should limit the size of projects that can be submitted to Lego Ideas.

Don't tease us, TLG. If the project doesn't really have a chance from the start, then don't put it up for voting.

Edited by Off the wall

Unless TLG is simply trolling for ideas or for some other esoteric reason that I can't comprehend, if lego won't approve large piece count projects......then they should limit the size of projects that can be submitted to Lego Ideas.

Don't tease us, TLG. If the project doesn't really have a chance from the start, then don't put it up for voting.

Totally agree. There are now several large projects at or near review stage. Two of them are based on the popular superhero themes (Wayne Manor and the X Men Mansion), then you have the museum, and Minas Tirith from the Lord of the Rings is getting close. The museum has a nice advantage over the other three in the fact it would not need to be licensed. Also, it appears completely compatible with the other modulars. I could see Lego approving one of the large sets to really test the waters for demand.

Edited by AFOLguy1970

There are no real bars left where I live near Atlanta. Everything is like Herky described. A family restaurant with a bar area.

you must have never been to the Clermont!

you must have never been to the Clermont!

Tip of the hat for the Clermont reference! Now that put a smile on my face this morning.

Back on topic. I know we're all desperate for info and images, but there's always raw MOCing and plenty of excellent instructions available online to satisfy those Modular urges.

My conspiracy theory is that we got two sets out of Ideas this time because Lego knew that the next review sets won't ever pass

It's basically two buildings,the Agency and a Barbershop. The main colours for the Agency are light yellow (looks like it at least) and dark orange (masonry bricks!!!),the colours for the Barbershop are dark blue and medium blue!

It's likely that any bricks/colors used would need to appear in an existing or 2015 set. Time to study the 2015 sets for clues.

• light yellow?: 41063 Ariel's Undersea Palace
  • dark orange?/redish brown? masonry bricks: 70410 Soldiers Outpost
  • light blue: 41073 Naida’s Epic Adventure Ship & 41094 Heartlake Lighthouse
  • dark blue (roof): 41094 Heartlake Lighthouse, 41095 Emma's House, 31036 Toy and Grocery shop

I predict that the barber shop (or any one of the buildings) will have a dark blue roof.

Given all the related mini-doll sets, I hope the modulars don't go mini-doll as well!

The speculation about what might and might not pass review is solely based on previous results, and I don't think the whole Cuuso / Ideas project is old enough to determine their limitations out of such a small pattern. If we do this, then yes, large sets don't stand a chance, but I think the majority of large sets that reached review point had a lot more wrong with them than is directly affected solely by size, but we tend to put all the blame on that aspect.

I can give you at least 3 reasons why the Apple store will never in your wildest dreams pass review, and not even mention brick count, size or price.

well said Sven, we just don't know, I got my late holiday catalog today and the modular shown were PR, PS, PC and that was it. Pages 4 & 5...all the P's I guess still available. Some other sets noticeably absent in other lines as well. Looks like GE and TH are done, which has been discussed. This leaves room for the new one.

It's ridiculous that people still talk as if it is possible to predict what will pass review or not. There are no hard set in stone rules so you cannot possibly predict with any degree of certainty. If the Big Bang Theory set proves no one can honestly claim they are doing anything but wild speculation.

Okay, now I think we are scooting in the arena of off topic right ?

Cussoo/Lego Ideas seem to have a price bracket for the set to fit into.....I did say seems to, unless the museum does make it......well, it would be a great choice to sit near the town hall in peoples layouts. :classic:

Now hopefully in a few days Lego can put us all out of misery and do their video, etc. for the next modular.

to conclude our drift of being off topic:

The museum is beautiful but will never be in lego ideas due to the price point and size. Look at Cuusoo/Ideas range from the start to now, all of them are ~$50 price mark with a max of 508 parts. They appear to be aiming this at a price point.

now back on topic:

as for the next modular, do we expect it to be of the same size as PR?

to conclude our drift of being off topic:

The museum is beautiful but will never be in lego ideas due to the price point and size. Look at Cuusoo/Ideas range from the start to now, all of them are ~$50 price mark with a max of 508 parts. They appear to be aiming this at a price point.

now back on topic:

as for the next modular, do we expect it to be of the same size as PR?

You seem to forget that Market Street was a CUUSOO/Ideas set back in the days, and it's price point was certainly much higher, not to mention its larger size.

With the next Modular, I'd expect it to be slightly bigger than PR, but not as big as the older Modulars. Maybe closer to the PS than the TH.