I just ordered (i'm very busy and can't surf the internet all the time) and my order number is Y3079319XX which is interesting because it's actually a lower number than some of you who ordered it way before me. I wonder why that is...

Got an email from TLG that my order is on hold as one item (crawler) is out of stock. Nothing about it being canceled just a delay which i don't mind as it will probably take me a month to build the 42009 :P

Rikus, You ordered it when it was showing "Out of stock"?

Yes.

At 8:30am CET, on Lego Shop, the set was already showing "Out of stock" status, but the "Add to bag" button was (as it is now) still working and I gave it a try...

I received an email, yesterday morning, telling the set was in "backorder" status, so I was losing hope...

But suddenly, today, the set went to "in process" status, then I received the "shipped" email just few minutes ago!

I'm really happy!

I think the best thing for Lego to do would be to sell 41999 expension or upgrade sets so that people who have the 9398 sets can upgrade their current crawler(or ones that want to buy a new one and add the expansion kit)... This could include all of the needed parts(and wheels) along with instructions and stickers... I cannot see them selling 2 versions of the same thing competing against each other with one having many more parts(including an extra motor) for the same price...

Agreed. This would be a great idea. In fact, that's what I thought when they announced the challenge - that they would produce an add-on kit. After this influx of interest in 41999, I am sure that they will reconsider this option. It's a no-brainer win-win for them.

I just ordered (i'm very busy and can't surf the internet all the time) and my order number is Y3079319XX which is interesting because it's actually a lower number than some of you who ordered it way before me. I wonder why that is...

Yes, we saw examples of numbers issued out of order that break the theory that the numbers are produced sequentially from a single source. Thus, they are not a reliable metric for sales volumes and such.

Yes.

At 8:30am CET, on Lego Shop, the set was already showing "Out of stock" status, but the "Add to bag" button was (as it is now) still working and I gave it a try...

I received an email, yesterday morning, telling the set was in "backorder" status, so I was losing hope...

But suddenly, today, the set went to "in process" status, then I received the "shipped" email just few minutes ago!

I'm really happy!

Whoa! I ordered 7:10 CET, my order just went from "Customer Service" to "In Process" but no shipping mail. They told me that they may have overrun the set and going through all the orders manually.

Status "delivered"!

Have to go home right now! :wub::sweet:

Edited by gerkenz

OMG, the wait is murderous. I made sure I'm living in a country where TLG will seed a large amount of sets to, I made sure to order the item as soon as it becomes available, and I made sure to give them all the right order information. It's day 2 now and my order has only gone from Customer Service to getting stuck at In Process, while I see other US AFOL getting theirs shipped or delivered. This is stressing me out to no end! I'll have to call TLG customer service again today.

I am sorry, that disturbing you discussion, but I have updated the first post.

1. Technicbricks posted second (final) part of 41999 review

2. Direct links to Building Instructions in PDF

#1 http://www.eurobrick...0

Edited by rm8

OMG, the wait is murderous. I made sure I'm living in a country where TLG will seed a large amount of sets to, I made sure to order the item as soon as it becomes available, and I made sure to give them all the right order information. It's day 2 now and my order has only gone from Customer Service to getting stuck at In Process, while I see other US AFOL getting theirs shipped or delivered. This is stressing me out to no end! I'll have to call TLG customer service again today.

Same here, I ordered it at 00:38 GTM +1 :sceptic:

I have spoken with a nice lady from Customer Support. I have asked her a question:

Q: Why is my order still in preliminary phase ("Customer Service" / "Backordered") and I missed first batch - even though I was one of the first to place it near midnight.

A: Because it was your first order in S@H - what causes a special extended procedure of payment verification.

That is the whole story... Sad because I have to wait 3 weeks for my set - but at least I know why.

I wonder when we will see the "set 00001 of 20000" plate up on bricklink or eBay for like 1000$/€/£ and if anyone will be crazy enough to buy it...

I have spoken with a nice lady from Customer Support. I have asked her a question:

Q: Why is my order still in preliminary phase ("Customer Service" / "Backordered") and I missed first batch - even though I was one of the first to place it near midnight.

A: Because it was your first order in S@H - what causes a special extended procedure of payment verification.

That is the whole story... Sad because I have to wait 3 weeks for my set - but at least I know why.

You should ask if You are missing "queue" because of that :sceptic:

I hope You understand what i mean.

You should ask if You are missing "queue" because of that :sceptic:

I hope You understand what i mean.

I am missing queue - that is why my set will be shipped on the 22nd of August (+1-9 business days for delivery) :(

Or fake numbers maybe :/

It would be funny to see anyone try to sell a copy of 41999 on BL or eBay with a license no. exceeding 20.000, and then get caught because they missed the fact it only goes to 20.000 :laugh:

I am missing queue - that is why my set will be shipped on the 22nd of August (+1-9 business days for delivery) :(

So... What if they send all sets before Your "procedure" is finished?

"We are sorry but we sent all sets... now You are left with shit"

P.S I am in same situation ( first order from S@H)

Edited by Dorino

So... What if they send all sets before Your "procedure" is finished?

"We are sorry but we sent all sets... now You are left with shit"

P.S I am in same situation ( first order from S@H)

Im also in the same situation, but i talked to the NL customer service today and he said that I realy realy dont have to worry, Ill get my set.......

Let's see..., still keeping my fingers crossed....

My situation:

- Lego has shipped my mini-mech (the crawler still shows "backordered")

- My order was placed August 1st, 7:30 AM eastern time

Weird. It was my first order as well (placed less than half an hour after the crawler became available), and my order switched over to "In process" yesterday and to shipped today. :classic:

What's a bit weird is that the tracking number I was given did work a few hours ago, giving me first only a status that the tracking ID was created. A bit later it was changed to "picked up", but since only a short while after that, the tracking system says it can't find the tracking number... I wonder what happened with it, especially since it was picked up... :wacko:

How many of you are in my situation- had their mini-mech shipped out, but crawler still backordered?

EDIT: I ordered many times from Lego, last time was a $500 order (the entire 2013 LotR wave)

Edited by SheepEater

How many of you are in my situation- had their mini-mech shipped out, but crawler still backordered?

I'm in this very situation and wondering whether I'll be one of the lucky few. I ordered mine at 00:03 GMT and received the confirmation email at 00:24 GMT. It's not my first order as I've ordered from S@H many times.

Edited by grum64

It would be funny to see anyone try to sell a copy of 41999 on BL or eBay with a license no. exceeding 20.000, and then get caught because they missed the fact it only goes to 20.000 :laugh:

That would be so hilarious!

Yes I am in the same situation. It sucks

I am happy to say that I managed to finally get a copy. I had to drive 50 miles to the next closest LEGO Store last night, but they had 2 copies left. I only bought 1 because I want others to have a chance to get it.

I honestly don't see how they can sell the 9398 and the 41999 set at the same time for the same price.. I mean who is going to buy the 9398 with less parts..?

I experienced exactly this when I was at the store. Some guy came in asking an employee about what Technic set to get. He didn't really know anything about Technic. He asked what that weird blue box was. The employee encouraged him to buy that one instead of 9398 because you get more parts for the same price. It was sitting right next to 9398 on the shelf. Then I thought , "Noooooo! Don't take the last 41999 if you don't really care about Technic. Leave it for a true fan!" But of course this is what will naturally happen when it is priced the same. Many will go to people who don't really appreciate the uniqueness of what they are getting.

After thinking about it, I can understand the price though. 9398 is sold through retailers so LEGO only gets about half of the sticker price. Since 41999 is an exclusive item, they get the whole amount. So they probably make more money on an average 41999 sale than on an average 9398 sale, even with the extra parts.

Looking back at the value of previous Technic flagship models(and the number of sets made), there is no doubt this may very well be not only one of the most wanted Technic models ever, but one of the most sought after sets ever due to the number of new things that were introduced in this set, plus there are only 20,000 of them...

I noticed this as well and I thought it was kind of ironic. You may remember that when the contest was first announced, there were a lot of people complaining about it on this forum. I felt bad for the Technic team because it seemed like everyone hated the contest and many said they would not even enter. But now that we have the model, we can see that this is the most anticipated Technic set of all time. I have never seen so much enthusiasm about the release of a set before.

Edit: found it in the bag with the silver parts. My set is # 09691

Any numbers above 10,000?

Mine is in the 18000s.

Did anyone else notice that these come from the future?

img_0398.jpg

Did you get a shipping notice yet for your freebie? And are you a first time buyer on S@H? That could be why...

My status for the freebie shipped out yesterday and the BOSS crawler now went from "back ordered" to "In Process". Saw that my credit card has been charged too. So hopefully the next step is shipping for 41999. FYI, I ordered at midnight in the westcost USA and was in back ordered limbo until this morning at 9:00 am.

Edited by GDomino