Well, it depends on the price and In what condition the set is. Is it complete? Etc . I got mine for 150 wich I consider an amazing bargain, I paid total of 530 euros for CC, RBR and SES. All in like new condition. The thing that surprised me the most was how big it actually was! And it came whit 4 minifigs that looked like they were made today! So in this case, I feel like I hit the jackpot. Definitely worth buying IMO.

Edited by Captain Becker

The question where to buy pirate sets is still very important for LEGO fans. It becomes more difficult every year. But sometimes modern sets of other series have lots of pirates accessories which we can use. For example a big brick figure of Metal Beard from LEGO movie or Sky Shark from ninjago.

On 30.09.2016 at 2:01 AM, BrickHat said:

Nice! Do I spot a trains torso in one of those pirates? I guess the train industry didn't turn out to well for him. :tongue:

I finally have a big enough LEGO budget to get in to pirates, but I'm faced with a dillema. I want to get both the skull's eye schooner and the black seas barracuda, but it'll be a couple of weeks after I buy one until I'm able to buy another. I'm a bit worried that if I buy one the other won't be available at a reasonable price when I'm able to order it. So if the worst case scenario turns true, what should I buy first? The skull's eye schooner or the black seas barracuda? Is one generally more valuable than the other? The bsb is $190 U.S. while the ses is $220, aparrently only missing the instructions and the lanterns in the back.

Edited by Wirza

On 8/9/2017 at 4:43 PM, Wirza said:

I finally have a big enough LEGO budget to get in to pirates, but I'm faced with a dillema. I want to get both the skull's eye schooner and the black seas barracuda, but it'll be a couple of weeks after I buy one until I'm able to buy another. I'm a bit worried that if I buy one the other won't be available at a reasonable price when I'm able to order it. So if the worst case scenario turns true, what should I buy first? The skull's eye schooner or the black seas barracuda? Is one generally more valuable than the other? The bsb is $190 U.S. while the ses is $220, aparrently only missing the instructions and the lanterns in the back.

While I'm not super hardcore about the official sets (I prefer to build mine from scratch) I would recommend grabbing the Skull's Eye Schooner first, since it was only released once while the Black Seas Barracuda got re-released at some point.