sdrnet

[MOC] Medieval bridge and water mill

53475371923_cf05c6df47_z.jpg

Hi everyone! With this new year 2024 I want to start presenting you my latest work, the result of 3 months of work in autumn 2023.
It represents a stone bridge with a stream, a dirt road, a couple of small waterfalls and a water mill. All set in medieval times.

In 2018 I had built a Medieval Windmill and knew that one day I wanted to expand it. In 2023, however, I was inspired for a much larger and more ambitious project, namely creating a Medieval Village! The village has been divided into 6 modules (for the moment), the windmill therefore represents the first completed module, while today I present to you the second module.
This latest moc is based on 4 32x32 baseplates and is made up of approximately 7500 pieces. The water mill also has movements operated by a lever or interchangeable with LEGO motors. The roof of the mill is divided into two opening sections which allow you to observe the internal details, such as the rotation mechanism of the blades and the grain mill. On the upper floor there is a fireplace with some chests and a sleeping room for the baker. On the dirt road I positioned a horse-drawn cart with two Black Falcon soldiers. The whole thing is completed by lush vegetation with a forestman on lookout on a large tree.

I hope you enjoy my latest work and stay tuned soon for module #3!
SDRnet

Flickr Gallery:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sdrnet/albums/72177720314195257/

53475372923_984b51a3bb_z.jpg

53474326032_85e8b9742a_z.jpg

53474325802_7fc81d88fa_z.jpg

53475546424_01fba29866_z.jpg

53474325352_72e8881d06_z.jpg

Edited by sdrnet

Wow, that's beautiful :wub: The bridge looks great! And i love the waterfalls! The mix of slopes, cheese slopes and those curved pieces works really well :thumbup:

Great use of technic axles in the half timber mill.

I am usually not a fan of mixing light and dark gray, but it works to great effect here.

The water is stunning, do you have a picture from before you put down the tiles?  The use of black to create deep water is just amazing.

22 hours ago, kevin8 said:

Another milestone. Great work, great photos. 

Thank you my friend!

Fabulous scene! Thank you for sharing. The water and bridge are terrific.

Really lovely scene.

I like how you created different levels for the river, it looks natural. Usage of windscreen for waterfalls is great.

WOW, what an amazing MOC!  Really love the build of the bridge and different levels of the river. Do you maybe have instructions? Would love to see how u made the river and waterfall.

Edited by cebelicamya

Incredible scene. The water mill is excellent on its own. The level of detail from the water wheel to the thatched roof is impressive. The river is another great area. The falls section features a great NPU. Having the major features removeable for transport is wicked.

Beautiful scene! And I love how you made the water with small waterfalls. Nice stuff :pir-love:

On 1/21/2024 at 6:33 PM, Shiva said:

Nice build!

Your watchtower, it not a part of this?

Thank you very much! Excellent observation... I decided to dismantle the watchtower to create this new moc because I changed my mind about the layout of the entire medieval village.

Look forward to seeing module #3 too!

I had a good look at this and the previous over on Flickr, then I forgot to come back and comment. Really excellent work, and very similar to what I'm slowly planning for. (Just gotta get out of this apartment into a house in the new year!)

Awesome. Just need to replace the soldier in the back with fireworks, and the driver with a certain gray wizard.

Great great work!

As an user already asked, will there be any instructions for sale?

I'm working on my winter village and already decided to put in it a mill and a small waterfall that connects to a lake. So this fits in brilliantly with a few tweaks to winterize it.

I also love what Maetick suggested to create a LOTR Shire theme

On 2/6/2024 at 2:49 PM, Seifer said:

Great great work!

As an user already asked, will there be any instructions for sale?

I'm working on my winter village and already decided to put in it a mill and a small waterfall that connects to a lake. So this fits in brilliantly with a few tweaks to winterize it.

I also love what Maetick suggested to create a LOTR Shire theme

I'm actually thinking about it... doing the instructions for the Mill or proposing in the future on Ideas / BDP. Any advice on what to do??
Thank you all for your great comments!

9 hours ago, sdrnet said:

I'm actually thinking about it... doing the instructions for the Mill or proposing in the future on Ideas / BDP. Any advice on what to do??
Thank you all for your great comments!

Depends on which way you want to take it. With IDEAS you would most certainly get a bigger audience and even qualify for a review, but seeing how many parts this diorama has, I doubt it would get funded. Plus they do alter your design and there's probably a clause in the agreement that prevents you from using the design for a certain time (just guessing).

With instructions, you get a smaller audience and will take a lot of marketing from your part to make the instructions visible and desirable by a larger crowd. But you will earn money right away. 

Your choice either way. You can always make the instructions for yourself, if you haven't already, and see how you feel about it all.

A beautiful and rustic scene. The water effect is great, the bridge's lines flow nicely over the stream. Some nice rockwork around the fall, and to top it the house merges right in. I never could have up with how you created the scene.

This looks really good. I like the amount of studs as it looks like it could be a LEGO set (the structures at least. The base is too many pieces I’d guess). Often Mocs are so smooth that, while looking good, they don’t invoke that “Lego feel”

The landscape reminds me of what I plan to do for my layout, although mine is post-apocalyptic fantasy themed.