2,509 pieces | 8 Minifigures

H: 27cm/11" | W: 70cm/28" | D: 24cm/10"

Available July 7 from LEGO.com*

354032632_10167890399770096_2234525000821935433_n.jpg

353840532_10167890399765096_2396948126621548732_n.jpg

10320-1-1.jpg

353789222_10167890399760096_4692891873948166573_n.jpg

Finally! This will be an instant buy from me :pir-huzzah2:

Hope there will be a majisto GWP with it (but Lego usually give them later)

After a first glance: I am also slightly disappointed. I expected a somewhat more modern version and I am not a fan of the all black dock and crane and they could have subsituted the yellow with something more realistic lice pastel yellow. Generally it is a nice set though and the price is rather fair. The little ship seems to be almost identical to the one from the Trading Post. It‘s great, just wish it was sliiiightly bigger. 

Still, will get this probably day one.

edit: seems indeed almost like a 2 in 1 of trading post and eldorado fortress. I like that! 

Edited by LegoAUT

I did a double take at the recreation of the old baseplate. I like it!

Just found out on Instagram!

Some people are dissapointed. 

Well I am not! I just came... :pir-wub:

I was 9 years old when the original released (still have that one). 

When is it available? I can't wait for months. I gues I have to freeze myself like Cartman in Southpark because I cannot wait anymore. 

This is so much better than sex! Oh yeah!!! :pir-huzzah2:

It looks nice and the added trading vessel is a welcome surprise! I still don't own the original fortress (and original BSB among others) so I'll get this 100%.

I suspected the new model would be pretty close to the original, ironically I think it's even too close, nearly a 1:1 copy.

I'm not entirely convinced that Lego should start making remakes; for a small GWP like the Forest Hideout it's ok, but a huge set like this. I don't know. The new Space Galaxy Explorer or Barracuda island were more refreshing, and though heavily influenced by the classic sets, stand on their own. I just hope it's not a new trend on Lego's part. 

1 minute ago, DonQuixote said:

Just found out on Instagram!

Some people are dissapointed. 

Well I am not! I just came... :pir-wub:

I was 9 years old when the original released (still have that one). 

When is it available? I can't wait for months. I gues I have to freeze myself like Cartman in Southpark because I cannot wait anymore. 

This is so much better than sex! Oh yeah!!! :pir-huzzah2:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/eldorado-fortress-10320

July 7

Sooooo excited for this set!! I actually surpasses my expectations I think.

I love the inclusion of the merchant ship! And the somewhat modular design I think looks great!

On 3/1/2023 at 5:25 PM, _R_R_ said:

This will probably be a remake/remix of a classic set like the code name suggests, the most likely candidate is Eldorado Fortress since the Barracuda was already remade for the Barracuda Bay set but it could definitely be a ship given the piece count and price or even some type of island and ship combo, perhaps marrying Eldorado Fortress with a small ship like the Caribbean Clipper.

https://www.lego.com/product/eldorado-fortress-10320

Can't believe how right on the money I was, an almost 1:1 remake with a smaller ship, I was hoping for something closer to the Clipper instead of the ship from the Trading Post but I can't complain too much given the piece count, it's also really nice how it's a modular build which you can separate or assemble into a seemingly larger display piece to resemble the Trading Post set and you can't go wrong with the added detail and wildlife with the monkey, parrot and crab, my main complaints have to do with some of color decisions and the minifigures.

While it's very endearing and nostalgic to see the set resembling the original so closely I would've preferred brown pieces and a more "wooden" build for the dock, the solid black plates take away from the more modern and realistic approach of the set.

The minifigures are probably the only real disappointment I have with the set, while I get that the original wasn't much different in this regard I was hoping for a more diverse roster of blue coats and pirates, having Brickbeard here would have at least added two leaders instead of just one but unfortunately he has been replaced with a less interesting female minifig. Unfortunately all of the tricorns and hats are missing printing having the white borders on the tricorns and stamp on hats would've gone a long way. I also noticed that there's two other female blue coats that seem to come with new colors for the hair/tricorn head piece which are really nice but as usual it seems like they were just put there for the sake of representation instead of historical accuracy, those two female soldiers could've been female pirates to balance out the set, that way you would've had Captain Brickbeard, one male pirate, 2 female pirates, Governor Broadside and 3 male blue coats, I feel that would've please the majority while also providing more play-ability and representation while keeping things historically accurate.

We pirate fans have been starved for so long that for 2509 pieces at 214€ I think this is a no brainer, with some changes and fixes this can make for an excellent display piece especially if you pair it with POBB or have the Barracuda ship launching an assault on the fortress, I myself am very tempted to swap out the minifigure parts for felshy ones and have the Black Pearl launching the assault instead, perhaps even adding civilians and redoing the docks in brown pieces and have ol' captain Jack arriving on a sinking dingy! Either way it's a good day to be a pirate fan here's to more Pirates sets in the future! :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by _R_R_

I am beyond excited to see this!!! Wow.

It's up on Lego website now: https://www.lego.com/en-gb/product/eldorado-fortress-10320

That being said - I'm quite disappointed we're not getting new torso designs for the pirates :(

EDIT. Wait, I think the female pirate has a new torso?

10320_alt5.png

How do I convince my gf now that I need a new Lego set lol

Edited by zinnn

It seems that the dual moulded hear with hair has been improved by looking at the detailed pictures on the official website(or i don't remember it was so much detailed).

We're getting a new chest lid too.

I too may have preferred brown docks but it is true to the original and may look more distinct displayed next to PoBB

One word: Neat! 

Though I would like to see a variation of captain Red Beard, which I don't think is included

Also I LOVE that they used non-Lego props for official box art! Now THAT brings around the true 80s/90s vibe

Interesting that the Soldiers/Imperials have new torso prints and no shako decoration, unlike the 2015 versions...

W: 70cm? Did they measure it based on the bottom left configuration?

39 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

10320-1-1.jpg

The only disappointment from this set is the release date July 7th 🤣🤣

why are they making us wait for that long 😭😭

I honestly bought those similar monkeys for my pirate sets so it’s not totally disappointing to me, either way I’m also curious why Lego doesn’t release base plates anymore, I think I would have loved to see a 2513 set with the baseplate over bricks.

I never doubted you guys but Lego has been making me mad when they were cancelling old sets 😭

3 minutes ago, Pirate_King_1982 said:

I'm thinking the Pirate wench is an alternate Lady Anchor with a different torso print. Your thought?

Looks different.  Seeing red beard as a regular pirate is kind of funny though

Edited by eldiano

Ok after a few minutes of looking at the official photos:

- I dislike the ship, looks too blocky, I wish they used different colours for it (definitely ditch the black)

- I hate the fact that they're using black bricks for the dock AND the crane. I know it's a throwback to the original set, but I bet it'd look so much better with reddish brown pieces

- the crane looks a bit too big IMHO

- the male pirate could have AT LEAST a new torso OR a new face

- I like the female pirate torso

Overall I'd rate it 6/10, but taking the nostalgia factor away it's a 5/10. Definitely not a day one purchase, may wait a few months for it to dip in price. Unless there's a pirate-themed GWP. PoBB beats this at every angle.

Secretly, when the news about a new Pirate set leaked, I was hoping for an actual Pirate set, not Soldiers one. But oh well, I'm happy they're bringing something back...

9 minutes ago, sahidko said:

W: 70cm? Did they measure it based on the bottom left configuration?

They must have...  it appears Eldorado Fortress now opens up!

8 minutes ago, eldiano said:

The only disappointment from this set is the release date July 7th 🤣🤣

why are they making us wait for that long 😭😭celling old sets 

I agree. The wait for 7 july is unhumane! 

I have to freeze myself like Cartman in Southpark when he was waiting for the Nintendo Wii. 

Just wonderful... In a classic box ! :pir-love:

How lucky we are to have these beautiful retro sets recently!

Do we know if the big flag is printed ?

47 minutes ago, PxChris said:

I love the inclusion of the merchant ship! And the somewhat modular design I think looks great!

I think it's a throwback to the ship in the Imperial Trading Post set?

39 minutes ago, zinnn said:

EDIT. Wait, I think the female pirate has a new torso?

I had to double check it wasn't the one they used in PoBB, but I'm pretty sure it is.

28 minutes ago, lomis said:

Interesting that the Soldiers/Imperials have new torso prints and no shako decoration, unlike the 2015 versions...

I hadn't noticed the different torsos until you said something; they look like they're supposed to be somewhere in between the original and 2015 Bluecoats, so :def_shrug: