On 4/4/2023 at 5:02 AM, MAB said:

If they were selling the GWP sets as regular sets instead of making them GWP only, I think I'd prefer to just get a monetary discount on a larger order rather than a free retail set (that I cannot choose), or give us the choice of any retail set up to the value of the retail set they are giving. If they are regular retail sets, there is nothing special about them, so why restrict it to just one set as the freebie. Making them regular sets instead of time limited freebies really makes them less attractive and would presumably hit sales of larger orders, especially from people that use GWP as a built in discount by selling them on.

I definitely will hold off on purchases until a good GWP comes along which isn't often. My case only, but Lego would definitely sell more if they offered discounts/bonus VIP points instead of GWP's. The fact I know a Majisto set is coming just means I won't be buying anything until it drops...and that even includes PAB orders.

That said, I'll probably try to get 2-3 of these so maybe its a wash in the end.

1 hour ago, woodford86 said:

I definitely will hold off on purchases until a good GWP comes along which isn't often. My case only, but Lego would definitely sell more if they offered discounts/bonus VIP points instead of GWP's.

They do still give occasional double VIP points. Although depending on what you buy / order value, GWP may be more valuable.

According to Brick Clicker (see his last video on YT), set 40601 Majisto Promo would contain 365 parts and will be available on 18th-19th november during the VIP week-end that come before black friday.

I'm glad to see that it's real, haha.

I wonder what the price threshold will be. Also, do you think a big PaB purchase would qualify for a GWP? 

1 hour ago, SirBlake said:

Also, do you think a big PaB purchase would qualify for a GWP? 

It should be?

The Forestman Hideout was $150, and the Blacktron Cruiser was $180, if I remember correctly? So, it will probably be somewhere in that range.

I do wonder what happened to the Galileo GWP that won that contest last year... Maybe it was planned for the summer, but got bumped due to the Disney 100 set? Maybe it's set for a January release? Ah, well.

5 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I wonder what the price threshold will be. Also, do you think a big PaB purchase would qualify for a GWP? 

When they redid the PaB/B&P sites, one of the points made was that everything qualified for GWPs (where previously Bricks & Pieces hadn't). That lasted a month or two (I think), before they started adding terms to the new GWPs:

Pick a Brick (Standard) orders are not valid for this promotion. 

So I suspect that will continue for this too. Although I also recall some people getting the GWP through achieving the threshold with PaB (Standard), if they ordered some Bestseller parts or sets. So who knows what the system allows compared to the terms and conditions.

1 hour ago, JohnTPT17 said:

The Forestman Hideout was $150, and the Blacktron Cruiser was $180, if I remember correctly? So, it will probably be somewhere in that range.

I do wonder what happened to the Galileo GWP that won that contest last year... Maybe it was planned for the summer, but got bumped due to the Disney 100 set? Maybe it's set for a January release? Ah, well.

It's also noted in Brickclicker's latest video. The Galileo GWO will be 40595, 307 pieces, available from Nov 1. A chance that it could be earlier, but that appears to be the date.

3 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

When they redid the PaB/B&P sites, one of the points made was that everything qualified for GWPs (where previously Bricks & Pieces hadn't). That lasted a month or two (I think), before they started adding terms to the new GWPs:

Pick a Brick (Standard) orders are not valid for this promotion. 

So I suspect that will continue for this too. Although I also recall some people getting the GWP through achieving the threshold with PaB (Standard), if they ordered some Bestseller parts or sets. So who knows what the system allows compared to the terms and conditions.

It could be that they have this so people can not complain if the do not get a GWP, however they do not mind that people do or else it should be easy to fix that PAB do not count automatically right :shrug_oh_well:

8 hours ago, Khargeust said:

According to Brick Clicker (see his last video on YT), set 40601 Majisto Promo would contain 365 parts and will be available on 18th-19th november during the VIP week-end that come before black friday.

Interesting to get some more news from that GWP :pir-thumb:

5 hours ago, JohnTPT17 said:

This has a lot of parts and with the price increase I would not be surprised if it is over $200:def_shrug:

Its about 100 pieces more than the Hideout. Sounds great!

Really hoping the knights are something new but if they are its a bummer they be released in a GWP only. More likely its just a couple Lion Knights.

I’ve been holding off on a big PAB order, El Dorado, A-Frame, Hocus Pocus, and a couple more Galaxy Explorers so will have no problem meeting the threshold lol

edit: maybe Viking Village is out by then too?

Edited by woodford86

I don't get the line when he said it would include Majisto plus two knights as the original leaked it, but wasn't it one knight only ?

1 hour ago, woodford86 said:

Really hoping the knights are something new but if they are its a bummer they be released in a GWP only. More likely its just a couple Lion Knights.

edit: maybe Viking Village is out by then too?

I also think ot would be Lion's Knights faction but maybe not and it will include (re)new faction as 40567 Forest Hideout introduced Forestmen reboot. But I doubt that because they may had do it because of the 10305 castle. But who knows what can be around the corner ? ;-)

Viking village will be released octobre 1st.

Edited by Khargeust

I’ve been holding back on Eldorado Fortress in the hope this rumour was true. And I’ll wait on the Viking Village too when that’s out. 

I am not buying anything untill then. Last set was Rivendell. Just started building that. Still have not bought Eldorado Fortress and I will also wait with the Viking Village. I really hope it's a remake of the Dragon Masters. If it's just Crusaders or Black Falcons, then I am not interested. 

And Lego is so consumer unfriendly. They would reach more people if those GWP 's were retail sets. Sets that everybody can afford. Now they are excluding a lot of people. 

23 hours ago, SirBlake said:

I'm also glad to see it is real.  New Dragon Masters would be perfect for my nostalgia, though I am still interested if it includes Black Falcons or Lion Knights.

From what I read on the LEGO website at the time, the Forest Hideout GWP stated that you could only get 1 per household (shipping address) and that PaB did not apply toward the total, but (during the relevant time frame) I placed 3 individual PaB orders each over the threshold and got 3 Forest Hideout GWP's, so who knows?  I have also used PaB additions to set orders to reach thresholds for GWP recently, though these orders were not primarily or only PaB orders.

One thing to note is that PaB "Best Seller" orders or orders containing some of those parts may be treated differently...

Edited by Slegengr

I've placed multiple standard PAB orders that I've purposely added a small inexpensive regular item to or a small order of best seller parts just to insure the GWP would actually be sent to me.  I've also added some small standard PAB orders to a few larger item orders that didn’t quite make the minimum purchase requirement to be sure the GWP would be added to my order.  It usually works.  I just always make sure my orders containing any PAB items are big enough to insure I don't incur any of the related shipping or handling charges.  I think just once they removed the GWP from my order but it was most likely one they had actually run out of.  I had another PAB order I placed not expecting any GWP's that they did add them to.  If the GWP's show up in my basket before placing the order I fully expect to receive them.  If they don't get added to the basket I will usually hold off on placing an order.  

21 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

The Galileo GWO will be 40595, 307 pieces, available from Nov 1.

That's good to know - thank you! Hopefully it will be a bit cheaper (around the $150 range) and I can get it with the Viking Village and a few odds and ends. Cheers!

It's great to hear that this Majisto GWP is actually coming! :thumbup:

I, too, am hoping that the knight(s) included will be Dragonmaster based. I know that Lego needed to bring back four old moulds for the helmet (the helmet itsef plus the three decorations on top) - but it did look that awesome that I hope so.

22 hours ago, Khargeust said:

I don't get the line when he said it would include Majisto plus two knights as the original leaked it, but wasn't it one knight only ?

It depends on the set I guess, 1 had 0, 1 had 1 and 1 had 2 or they could make a completely new set and not a remake. However from what I heard he had no new info about the minifigs included. "Should include a knight or two" or what he said referencing the old rumor, speculation from his part nothing else..

I think the knights will be whatever is included with the medieval market.  Doesn’t seem like they would make new ones just for the GWP.  But they could use figures that are already planned to be used with a future set like they did with the forestmen GWP.  Hoping for Black Knights.  Dragon Masters were in my Dark Age.  But from what I see looking at old sets all they did was change the dragon color on the logo.  And they didn’t even do that with the smaller triangle shield.  They just reused the same one.  So hoping at a minimum we at least get that shield back.

17 minutes ago, Black Feather said:

I think the knights will be whatever is included with the medieval market.  Doesn’t seem like they would make new ones just for the GWP.  But they could use figures that are already planned to be used with a future set like they did with the forestmen GWP.

If we get a medieval village it depends on when it comes if the GWP can take advantage of that, no more than 6 months is my guess:shrug_oh_well:

There's still a chance a second wave of GWP could hit the window of release for the Medieval Market.  I still find it risky, and i'll probably snag a copy before hand.

I'm going to be the pessimist here and say that LEGO is not likely to release the GWP at the same time as the Medieval Market. The forest hideout was released the month before the castle and then again just before the castle, but ran out of stock before the castle was available.

On 8/2/2023 at 1:33 AM, Roebuck said:

It depends on the set I guess, 1 had 0, 1 had 1 and 1 had 2 or they could make a completely new set and not a remake. However from what I heard he had no new info about the minifigs included. "Should include a knight or two" or what he said referencing the old rumor, speculation from his part nothing else..

I wonder if LEGO intentionally leaks sets with differences like this to track down the leakers. I read an article that Apple does something like that. Changing just a little bit of the information so they can track down who it is.

The new 40608 Halloween vip add on pack includes a pearl dark grey eye slit helmet that hasn’t been used in 3 years. Maybe they will use it the Majisto GWP or the medieval village? Seems unlikely they would bring the color back for a small GWP when they could use a flat silver or black one instead.

On 8/3/2023 at 5:31 PM, HotdogBricks said:

The new 40608 Halloween vip add on pack includes a pearl dark grey eye slit helmet that hasn’t been used in 3 years. Maybe they will use it the Majisto GWP or the medieval village? Seems unlikely they would bring the color back for a small GWP when they could use a flat silver or black one instead.

It has been used in dark bluish grey in the Viking ship creator last year and a pearl dark grey in the new city ship with killer whale this summer