Jim

Opportunity: Next Level Technic Creations opportunity

15 minutes ago, aFrInaTi0n said:

I send them one of my RC mocs and gave my honest opinion about what is not possible with their brand, but with others. Also in my personal opinion they are not even considering into getting into new markets except the already exploited ones... 🤷‍♂️
Every honest feedback is a good feedback I guess - shall they decide if this agency will ignore all the non-LEGO brand mentions in their to their customer.

BTW: Please don't enter any personal details and use not your main mailbox account, as it seems there is no GDPR agreement / disclaimer - which is mandatory since several years. So very professional looking agency..

I'm sure GDPR is covered by the terms by Microsoft, which provides the form for TLG to use.

German Disclaimer in the footer:

Unterstützt von Microsoft Forms | 

Der Besitzer dieses Formulars hat keine Datenschutzerklärung abgegeben, in der er erklärt, wie Ihre Antwortdaten verwendet werden. Geben Sie keine persönlichen oder vertraulichen Informationen an.

english translation from google:

Powered by Microsoft Forms |

The owner of this form has not provided a privacy statement explaining how your response data will be used. Do not provide any personal or confidential information.

On 3/13/2023 at 11:40 PM, aFrInaTi0n said:

They need to understand that they need to open their minds instead of following the next bs advise from the consultants, which also probably will be "ah yeah your boring sets are not selling anymore?! Ask the community to give impressions what is really possible with your product" (them knowing the limited capabilities of the LEGO management understand their wrong decisions which they took in the first place).

I fully share your opinion (and particularly your remaining text in that post). With only one exception: The "your sets are not selling anymore" bit as motivation to ask the community.

According to just the numbers, let's say sales and profit (the latter +5% = 2.4 bn$ *huh*), they do very, very well upon selling their boring products. That is the "issue": Customer behavior = "us" (excluding me, of course :pir-skel:). Why would they change any of selling that boring stuff when people in the very rich world go nuts getting it? At ever-increasing numbers over the past decade(s)? I would certainly not change course - I'd make even more boring sets.

I believe they ask the community to get in fresh ideas - and then maybe (or not, who cares, with these numbers) turn any of them into boring sets as they will heavily downgrade them to cut costs and so on. Or just use bits and pieces. If it plays out as it did in the past (and I don't see any reason on the horizon why that should change - even a pandemic with all the harsh consequences for several delivery chains did not, in contrast), sales will further increase, as will profit.

It's about us.

Best,
Thorsten

Anyway, I'm curious, why is everyone so negative? In the past, TLG recruited people like this a few times, but I don't think it was like this back then.

1 minute ago, msk6003 said:

Anyway, I'm curious, why is everyone so negative? In the past, TLG recruited people like this a few times, but I don't think it was like this back then.

I am also a bit surprised by how negative and suspicious people are. I do see it as a fun opportunity, that's all.

11 hours ago, Jim said:

I am also a bit surprised by how negative and suspicious people are. I do see it as a fun opportunity, that's all.

I'm quite surprised they just didn't use survey monkey given the level of professional polish on what really is a turd of a questioner...

Times have somewhat changed when the Chinese market has the fit. Finish and polish of lego then lego is going to be in serious trouble. 

Maybe lego is just looking for different ideas? If you look at the ideas program pure technic doesn't even feature or come close to the number of other ideas.

4 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I'm quite surprised they just didn't use survey monkey given the level of professional polish on what really is a turd of a questioner...

I definitely agree on that one. TLG never seizes to amaze me in that department.

7 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

Can you remember this survey? We asked for a lot of things... got almost nothing significantly new. Like micromotors, sensors, GBC, animals...

... Hm... I reread the first page of answers, and there are ideas we are getting just now: NASA, NASCAR, John Deere. I'm not sure, if they were selected from this survey, or just random matches.

1 hour ago, kodlovag said:

I reread the first page of answers, and there are ideas we are getting just now:

2 years being the average design cycle for TLG products, so makes sense, particularly with something as complex as a Technic set.

Suggestions dropped into the box today might be with us in 2025.

I am contacted by TLG that they want to include my stuff in this project.

Anybody else? How many models/creators made it in this round? Though it doesn't sound like a round but the final, but could be wrong. I have the superpowers of screwing any opportunities of getting recognition, so I should calm down this time too.

53 minutes ago, Lipko said:

Anybody else? How many models/creators made it in this round? Though it doesn't sound like a round but the final, but could be wrong. I have the superpowers of screwing any opportunities of getting recognition, so I should calm down this time too.

Grz! :-)

May I ask which model you send?

1 hour ago, Lipko said:

Anybody else? 

Me! Very curious to see what's going to happen next.

Uploaded a bunch of GBC movies, everybody who got an invite uploads to the same TLG Sharepoint and can see all uploads.

Aw missed this topic, I just send in my warehouse (the version without the ESP32/Touchscreen). Guess it will have been to late as some here have been contacted already.

Hope they might maybe reconsider losing their Mindstorms range.

Edit: And to make sure they see what can be done with their "outdated" EV3's, with small amount of parts and only 1 EV3, I added one more small MOC

Edited by Mr Jos

Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows where and how will be the submitted photos/videos used? Curious what's gonna happen.

What really surprised me, I got a thank-you gift from Lego (Bugatti Bolide set) :grin:

2 minutes ago, Davidz90 said:

Hi! Just wondering if anyone knows where and how will be the submitted photos/videos used? Curious what's gonna happen.

To be honest; I have no idea.

3 minutes ago, Davidz90 said:

What really surprised me, I got a thank-you gift from Lego (Bugatti Bolide set) :grin:

Nice!

@Lipko Your creatures are very well made.

Good luck to all participants!

EDIT: Is that really an official TLG Event?

Edited by pow
added question

11 hours ago, pow said:

@Lipko Your creatures are very well made.

Good luck to all participants!

EDIT: Is that really an official TLG Event?

Thanks!

I think it's official (the people sending the emails are Lego employees), but I'm still waiting for the "more information" email...

I also recieved the gift.

The execution of the communication part of the project is not that professional so far...

2 hours ago, Lipko said:

I also recieved the gift.

The execution of the communication part of the project is not that professional so far...

Same opinion and earlier mentioned gift here. For the 90 years LEGO campaign I contributed to a national newspaper, the gift for that was 5 times more substantial while I contributed 6 videos/builds for this campaign while also making an effort in taking titles and comments out.

I also missed this one. Sent a bunch of my MOCs, but I might be outside of their scope with what you guys are submitting.

Anyway I'm wondering what's up with that no specific deadline apart from the info that stop keeping your information by the end of the year.