MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2023 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!!!

6 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

Aren't all the post ROTJ series setting up for a huge series where everyone is all together or something?  I'm sure I read that somewhere, kind of how marvel did with the Avengers just on a larger scale.

We all love a spoiler forum, crikey. 

I’ve had no problem with the implementation of pre-existing characters in these Mando-era shows. Most of them have been logical to me, and people seem to forget how much Lucas loved to do the same thing when he was making the prequels and TCW. Did characters like C-3PO, R2-D2, Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Greedo (in a deleted TPM scene and a TCW episode), Jabba the Hutt and almost Han Solo really need to appear in any of that stuff? Not really, but it’s something we all just kinda accept now. As much as people love to claim the opposite, Andor has fan-service too, though that’s admittedly a lot more subtle and less over-the-top. And granted, The Mandalorian may have done too much too fast when it comes to fan-service.

That being said, the heart and focus of the The Mandalorian is still on the titular character, his journey and his relationship with Grogu; regardless of what “fan-servicey” characters show up. Encountering other Mandalorians or people wearing Mandalorian armor (like Cobb Vanth, Bo-Katan and Boba Fett) challenges his faith and perception of his culture. Encountering Jedi like Ahsoka Tano and Luke Skywalker was his entire mission in Season 2, and in the former’s case, yes, it was also a backdoor pilot to finally continue on with the Rebels storyline. If Favreau and Filoni just created a bunch of original characters to fill these purposes, the people who gripe about fan-service would have less to grumble about but then we would have had a bunch of other people complaining why they didn’t just use characters that already exist. And as far as the casual audience is concerned, they have no idea who Cad Bane, Bo-Katan or Ahsoka Tano are anyway.

And as for Ahsoka appearing in BOBF, I don’t know why people hone in on that so much when the real problem was that those two episodes in general should’ve just been part of The Mandalorian. If they had been saved for Season 3, as they should have been, then hardly anyone would have complained about anything in those two episodes, or anyone who made an appearance. It’s not like Luke, The Armorer, Paz Vizla or Grogu made sense to appear in BOBF either, but people go out of their way to complain about Ahsoka being in there because of Filoni’s adoration for the character. Only Din Djarin made sense to appear in that series, and arguably he could’ve been left out too considering how much he stole the spotlight from Boba himself.

Tangent aside, I really hope to start getting some set names/details soon. It feels like we’re getting summer news really early this year, and I have my fingers crossed that Star Wars follows suit. In particular, I’m both excited and nervous at what these $15 sets could potentially be. I fear that it’s not going to be any sort of army builder or duel set, and will instead be something really gimmicky and lame that ultimately just wastes set slots. And I’m still on the bandwagon hoping for the $160 set to be a Gunship.

32 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

It’s not really a spoiler, the creators themselves have already stated that they’re building to some sort of Marvel-esque crossover, which is fairly apparent given how much overlap there is between these shows.

Edited by The Stud

47 minutes ago, ArrowBricks said:

What spoiler? :jollyroger:

Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni have been teasing since Mando Season 2 that all their live-action series will somehow connect, leading to bigger events.

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

That may be, but I’d rather spend time with beloved characters than watch Captain Crunch getting henpecked every episode :tongue: I swear, Cereal Karn’s uncle Harlo better be the most amazing character ever put on screen in S2 :laugh_hard:

Ah, but you're forgetting that "Uncle Harlo" was actually an alias used by one Ahsoka Tano following Order 66 :laugh:

Anyway, on the subject of the sets, the different box sizes of the $15 sets makes me think my theory posted to the Wishlist thread is more plausible.  I won't repost the whole thing, because it was sort of long, but essentially, every other "series" of sets (be it battle packs, microfighters, planets, whatever) used consecutive numbers if they were released at the same time and had the same price point.  These sets all are being released at the same time, but one of them (I think the one ending in 63) has a number that's separate from the others, a much lower piece count than the other three, and now we know has a different box size.  I think it's very plausible that it's, for whatever reason, just a random $15 set, whereas the other three are part of some sort of new series of sets.  Just a thought.

Let's try to keep this forum for set discussion. We have a topic for Media in my signature you can use for talk about the shows.

56 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What spoiler? :jollyroger:

Jon Favreau and Dave Filoni have been teasing since Mando Season 2 that all their live-action series will somehow connect, leading to bigger events.

Lol. Whether I am right or wrong, maybe I am here. 

you’re definitely not the person to talk about spoilers…

20 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Let's try to keep this forum for set discussion. We have a topic for Media in my signature you can use for talk about the shows.

Sorry i read this after posting. Case ended. 

3 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

These sets all are being released at the same time, but one of them (I think the one ending in 63) has a number that's separate from the others, a much lower piece count than the other three, and now we know has a different box size.  I think it's very plausible that it's, for whatever reason, just a random $15 set, whereas the other three are part of some sort of new series of sets.  Just a thought.

I think you're right on the money with this prediction. I'm sure there are a few examples to the contrary, but I can't remember any mini-series of sets (like these presumably are) where the numbers weren't all next to each other. I wonder what the separate one even is (assuming it's actually it's own thing, of course).

35 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I think you're right on the money with this prediction. I'm sure there are a few examples to the contrary, but I can't remember any mini-series of sets (like these presumably are) where the numbers weren't all next to each other. I wonder what the separate one even is (assuming it's actually it's own thing, of course).

Well, looking at last year alone... the quotes sets were not consecutively numbered. Nor the helmets. Nor the Obi-Wan Kemobi sets...

7 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Aren't all the post ROTJ series setting up for a huge series where everyone is all together or something?  I'm sure I read that somewhere, kind of how marvel did with the Avengers just on a larger scale.

I think Rangers of the New Republic was also supposed to be a part of this before it was cancelled/postponed indefinitely.

5 hours ago, Kit Figsto said:

These sets all are being released at the same time, but one of them (I think the one ending in 63) has a number that's separate from the others, a much lower piece count than the other three, and now we know has a different box size.  I think it's very plausible that it's, for whatever reason, just a random $15 set, whereas the other three are part of some sort of new series of sets. 

I thought that too. Interesting, though, that there are going to be 4 different $15 sets, 3 being part of a series, and then... 1 extra, unrelated thing? It's already abnormal to be getting $15 sets in August at all.

Edited by AD_Bricks

What are people's opinions on if Lego will give us full interiors with UCS sets, given the recent inclusions of them in the AT-AT and Razor Crest?

14 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Well, looking at last year alone... the quotes sets were not consecutively numbered. Nor the helmets. Nor the Obi-Wan Kemobi sets...

I was more referring to smaller stuff like microfighters or Marvel's mechs, but admittedly that is a somewhat arbitrary differentiation on my part. 

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

What are people's opinions on if Lego will give us full interiors with UCS sets, given the recent inclusions of them in the AT-AT and Razor Crest?

I'm all in. UCS MTT would be epic! And it's also hopefully less than 10 years away

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I think its great, but with people wishing for a ucs ghost... that ship is bigger than the falcon and in my mind ucs sets only work for me if minifig scale or massive display kits. So in that case I would feel a little uneasy about it for some reason.

Just now, Alpha Draconis said:

I'm all in. UCS MTT would be epic! And it's also hopefully less than 10 years away

We need a new MTT for sure.  

Just now, ginja said:

I think its great, but with people wishing for a ucs ghost... that ship is bigger than the falcon and in my mind ucs sets only work for me if minifig scale or massive display kits. So in that case I would feel a little uneasy about it for some reason.

I actually didn't take note that it was bigger than the Falcon to be honest.  But if they do decide to do the Ghost as an UCS set with an interior then I would imagine it'd be smaller than the Falcon.  Just as the system scale version was. 

I have seen a few videos comparing the TIE Bomber to the most recent TIE Fighter. Anyone who received the Bomber owning also the last TIE Advanced (75150)? How do they fit together? Do you have a picture?

On 1/10/2023 at 3:26 AM, Legoman123 said:

I don't know if they will do it for large capital ships, but I do expect them to continue with minifig scale UCS sets. The 75192 Falcon had a half interior, and previous minifig scale UCS only had cockpit interiors.

15 hours ago, storskogen said:

I have seen a few videos comparing the TIE Bomber to the most recent TIE Fighter. Anyone who received the Bomber owning also the last TIE Advanced (75150)? How do they fit together? Do you have a picture?

I don't have 75150, but Bruce Swift posted some pics of his TIE fleet with 75150 75300 and 75347

34 minutes ago, 1340cc said:

I don't know if they will do it for large capital ships, but I do expect them to continue with minifig scale UCS sets. The 75192 Falcon had a half interior, and previous minifig scale UCS only had cockpit interiors.

I don't have 75150, but Bruce Swift posted some pics of his TIE fleet with 75150 75300 and 75347

Thank you, it looks quite good! 

Just now, 1340cc said:

I mean it'd be a dream come true if they did it for an ISD or Republic Ventor but I can imagine the cost would be astronomical to be honest.  See for me the Falcon's interior was a huge letdown, I really felt that it could have had a full scale interior, but maybe Lego was testing the market for that kind of thing then. 

I mean, just having some small sets in general that aren’t part of a gimmick line nor intended for army building would be wonderful to see. We haven’t seen sets like that for such a long time now, disregarding the smaller duel sets which have been pretty hit or miss.

Anyone catch today’s Bad Batch episode yet? Loved it. It would be nice to see some coverage this summer, even if it’s just a shrunken down Republic / Imperial Shuttle.

Edited by Kaijumeister

Not necessarily directly related, but I think I may have finally found the right head for Cobb Vanth: Bryan O'Conner from the new Nissan Skyline. 

Edited by Brickroll

8 hours ago, Brickroll said:

Not necessarily directly related, but I think I may have finally found the right head for Cobb Vanth: Bryan O'Conner from the new Nissan Skyline. 

That could work!

14 hours ago, Kaijumeister said:

I mean, just having some small sets in general that aren’t part of a gimmick line nor intended for army building would be wonderful to see. We haven’t seen sets like that for such a long time now, disregarding the smaller duel sets which have been pretty hit or miss.

Anyone catch today’s Bad Batch episode yet? Loved it. It would be nice to see some coverage this summer, even if it’s just a shrunken down Republic / Imperial Shuttle.

Considering the ongoing Bad Batch season: thoughts on whether we’ll see any TK Troopers show up in sets this year? The armor design was introduced in season 1, so presumably there’s been time to figure out a minifig translation.

Edited by dvw2

Now that I have seen that the windscreen of the new TIE bomber is not transparent, I've lost my interest. I admit the thing looks good but I should be able to see the pilot through the windscreen in playscale TIE variants.

The Bad Batch season 2 has reminded me - it'd be nice to get a Crosshair helmet with the new mould this year so he could have his range finder. 

Slightly related question - have the  2020/2021/2022 sets on the shelves with the old P2 clone helmet been updated to the old prints on the new style?

1 hour ago, samsz_3 said:

The Bad Batch season 2 has reminded me - it'd be nice to get a Crosshair helmet with the new mould this year so he could have his range finder. 

Slightly related question - have the  2020/2021/2022 sets on the shelves with the old P2 clone helmet been updated to the old prints on the new style?

I would doubt it. The only time they've gone that far out of their way for something like that is Finch Dallow, for reasons I still don't understand.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I would doubt it. The only time they've gone that far out of their way for something like that is Finch Dallow, for reasons I still don't understand.

That kind of thing does happen occasionally. Copies of 10188 produced after 2010 used the new Han face print, for example. But it's not very common and mostly only happens with sets that're in production for an unusually long time and have had multiple production runs. It hasn't been long enough for 2021/22 sets to have been updated like that yet.

The Finch Dallow thing was a different situation, I think, since that was an entirely different minifigure rather than just a slightly different print. That's the only time they've ever updated the box art to reflect such a change, as far as I know--in all other cases the change was because LEGO internally considered the parts interchangable.