17 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I wouldnt mind if TLG just write this off as a loss and move on to the next flagship

I am here for just the @$*&show at this point.... not excited for the set itself

Edited by nerdsforprez

1 hour ago, AVCampos said:

No, I know for a fact that it's alive.

No wonder why you say that. :grin:

I could say the same. :grin:

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I wouldnt mind if TLG just write this off as a loss and move on to the next flagship.

I am sure Lego is already working on 2024 line up which may have flagship set (we didn't get any in 2022 so there is a free spot). RacingBrick had good insight, that information about August releases should be in the first half on July. Remember Skidder, information was released about three weeks before it arrived to the shelves. And we are also waiting for Yamaha motorcycle to be revealed. If Liebherr won't be announced together with Yamaha, then I would be a little concerned. Another fact that 42131 was released in October so I would not be surprised if 42146 release date will be also October. 

16 hours ago, nerdsforprez said:

Okay.  That would make more sense.  A lot of pushing back the release date for this set.  Last yr. and now again.  This may be one of the more problematic, if not controversial sets TLG has released for quite a while.  

If this has been pushed to OCTOBER then the lego group can kiss my behind goodbye as a loyal customer of 32 years, they probably wouldn't even care about that!

Edited by SNIPE

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

If this has been pushed to OCTOBER then the lego group can kiss my behind goodbye as a loyal customer of 32 years, they probably wouldn't even care about that!

In retrospect, the rather unexpected release of the 42100 in October 2019 showed how it should have been done. I am pretty sure the development time of both models don't differ that much, as the 42100 had the longer LAs and complex PU system.

Also up on FB. Looks like the prior leaked pics were real. Huge disappointment. Swing and a miss by TLG. 

Edited by nerdsforprez

It doesn't look like a meter tall, but doing a quick calculation by counting the 16L link segments, it does indeed seem to be... But with all the talk about structural and stability issues... I thought it would be taller. Or it used to be and now it was reduced in size to the current size?

Anyway besides the rectangular frame pieces and counterweights I don't spot any new bricks. There are a lot of large single pieces which let's say use a lot of plastic... But still seems very expensive. Unless they the weight of the counterweights is the same price as the weight of expensive electronics...

Talk about electronics, I see one hub and 3 motors (1x winch, 1x main boom tilt, 1x secondary boom tilt), so there should be another hub powering 3 more motors somewhere in the lower structure (2x tracks + 1x slew).

Still think the Liebherr Excavator was a better deal, but let's see what the actual reviews will show, I hope if not anything it can at least lift some weight.

EDIT: There seem to be 2 types of recantuglar frames, a thinner type is used for upper and lower side of the booms while the larger version is used at the sides.

Edited by Zerobricks

9 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

rectangular frame pieces

I believe the the hypotenuse side of the triangles making the frame pieces is too thin.  They don't really look that strong, structurally, to me.  

судя по гусеничной платформе, ее размеру кран наверное сам не переедет. ну и панели в дбг от 42113 нашли применение!

Was hoping the tracks would be the 5 studs wide version. But looks like the regular 3 stud wide ones. Bummer. Guess we're stuck with yellow tracks.

3 hours ago, msk6003 said:

I found yellow 3x19 on carrage.

Also in DBG. And I also spot a 5x11 tapered panel previously exclusive to the Osprey.

Does anyone have an idea how wide are tbose elongated yellow frames on crane? Tbey are 7 studs tall, but how wide? 

7 x 19?

Personally, I really like it. It looks massive and proportions are not awkward like in the leaked pictures.

Few let downs: price (I'll wait for a discount, 500 EUR is max what I am willing to pay). Tracks were not being used from 41131. It does not look like LR13000 but perhaps it is a compromise to have this set safe. 

I don't care about the length of booms, it can be easily extended (it is still LEGO at the end of the day). 

Proportions are exactly like in the leaked picture. 

You can even find the identical Boxshot in one of the new pictures. 

Not sure if Technic has lost me, or I have lost Technic but this is again a "next one please" for me. 

Unless there are some hidden mechanical surprises we dont know yet. 

proportions can be different due to different perspective. After we get more pictures from a different angles, crane look much less awkward than on the leaked image of a box. It is only my opinion, people with a better 3D imagination could already had a better general opinion on proportions of this set.