This is the first 2022 set I'd avtually concerning to buy. Looks good, has nice tires and more functions than all the sets from the januar wave combined :D

8 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Too bad it’s pendular suspension. Like bloody hell even 9392 had proper double wishbones and none of this lazy pendular shit, and that set was tiny. Easy miss from me 

Maybe the go with a twin pendular?

6 minutes ago, Jundis said:

This is the first 2022 set I'd avtually concerning to buy. Looks good, has nice tires and more functions than all the sets from the januar wave combined :D

Maybe the go with a twin pendular?

they need to still drive the engine though and at least its pendular with balloon-ish tyres and springs.

Edited by SNIPE

I mean like a bogie type, don't know the exact term. @Superkoala used this for a mod for the 42114, just no attachments at the bogie levers but the chassis.

img_4799.jpg

As for me it looks having all-pendular axles.

* First axle is spring-loaded (possibly like Wrangler's rear axle) and the longitudial shaft (also acting as a pivot point) appears as the steering shaft.

* Second and thrid axles longitudial shaft should be a drive shaft to power the horizontal 2 Large cylinders "boxer?" engine. So we might have 6x4 vehicle. I really hope it is not a silly 6x2.

* The rear suspension could be the same spring-pendular one, only pendular, or (I would love it!) pendular with addiotional longitudial pendular arms. A kind of quad-pendular, when only diagonal movements are allowed.

2 minutes ago, Jundis said:

I mean like a bogie type, don't know the exact term. @Superkoala used this for a mod for the 42114, just no attachments at the bogie levers but the chassis.

Similar to the scheme I have ttied to describe)) 

2 hours ago, Void_S said:

* The rear suspension could be the same spring-pendular one, only pendular, or (I would love it!) pendular with addiotional longitudial pendular arms. A kind of quad-pendular, when only diagonal movements are allowed.

Rear can be something like in 42070 only without portal hubs

it looks really nice except for the price part :D
seems a bit overpriced aint it?
I would probably be quite annoyed if it was at 40€ but damn 74 is just crazy high

75 is okay, its maybe a little bit overpriced, but still seems okay. In my country it would probably cost same as Ducatti, and for number of functions that it have, seems to be fair price.

That picture is a relief. Definitely looks and feels better than all the 22H1 sets officially revealed so far

Edit: Technic-wise

Edited by thekoRngear

Looks pretty cool. Regarding the price though, it seems they are inflating them to make the sale/special offer/40% off type deals be the actual price you are supposed to pay. A lot of companies artificially inflate prices so that they can run money off sales and still have you pay what would actually be the RRP. This is where most models fall for me, miiiiiiiight buy when there's a heavy discount. Of course the tow truck was a day one insta buy! Not seeing any instabuys from 2022 just yet.

2 hours ago, allanp said:

Looks pretty cool. Regarding the price though, it seems they are inflating them to make the sale/special offer/40% off type deals be the actual price you are supposed to pay. A lot of companies artificially inflate prices so that they can run money off sales and still have you pay what would actually be the RRP. This is where most models fall for me, miiiiiiiight buy when there's a heavy discount. Of course the tow truck was a day one insta buy! Not seeing any instabuys from 2022 just yet.

Many sets get more expensive next year, even the current ones from 2021 to "equalize the price differences between western Europe countries". Funny thing is LEGO also stated some sets will get cheaper due to this, but none of them are. It only goes upwards.
Therefore I am not surprised by these inflated Technic set prices. Anyway, the things I used to buy at 30% discount will have to wait till they reach 40%. In the end the market controls the prices and the RRP is just a magic unicorn.

I think I see a part that is slightly diagonal near the rear, so I hope it is a spring.

Good to get 6 of those tires.

Shelf-space wise, is this set going to be around the Jeep’s size but longer? I feel like this is one my son will enjoy but am having trouble visualizing it. 

I really like this quad... ehm hexa bike :D. Looks like it has 1:1 steering, flat-2 engine, hopefully 6x4 drive at least and suspension all around.

Maybe it got 6x6? Look at the right most little picture, with the front and suspension. It looks like it has a diff with those 3 tan gears inside...

And that chainsaw:drool: Wonder if it has like a little knob to operate?

Edited by Polarlicht

Looks cool, gets me excited to get more info.

Regarding the price, it might be the inflation at play, there's a lot of pressure to increase prices across many kinds of goods (at my country price of electricity is at record high for example) so there's no way TLG can ignore it. The Cat bulldozer seemed to suffer from the same effect.

Finally a seemingly decent Technic set. Looks like a good parts pack. Let's wait for the actual price.

I'm not surprised there's no B-Model - the trend of cutting costs by omitting a B-model without affecting the price goes on. Luckily we have Rebrickable, which regularly yields better B-models anyway.

About the colours: they announced white and yellow, but to me it looks like black, white, olive and tan.

I tinkered around yesterday and found a rather easy but sturdy solution with a self-limiting travel of about 3 studs on the wheels.. and I discovered I ran out of diffs.... :D

Test.png

DSC-0498.jpg

12 hours ago, karmadrome said:

About the colours: they announced white and yellow, but to me it looks like black, white, olive and tan.

I corrected the image in Photoshop a little and came to the conclusion the olive is just lime. And I definitely see some orange liftarms. The tan looking parts are probably chromatic aberrations caused by the light source and also lime.
7IOzDWT.png

I think this model uses a very similar suspension setup as the wrangler. All 3 axles are pendular only, with the front one using shock absorbers to keep the model leveled. The rear ones have differentials which drive the fake 2 cylinder engine.

Edited by Zerobricks

6 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

I think this model uses a very similar suspension setup as the wrangler. All 3 axles are pendular only, with the front one using shock absorbers to keep the model leveled. The rear ones have differentials which drive the fake 2 cylinder engine.

Most likely. You would otherwise see the spring if the back 2 axles had shock absorbers. Let's hope it's at least a 6x4 set-up.

I got higher quality image of this set but I cant send it here. In photo with engine i see a gearbox! Probably two functions to switch beetwen winch and tipping.

One of bests lego deals that we get in last years.

Its definetly 6x4 setup also. I can see frames used for diffrentials at the photo.

If it have a Gearbox set seems even a little bit underprice.

Edited by Dami

33 minutes ago, Dami said:

In photo with engine i see a gearbox! Probably two functions to switch beetwen winch and tipping.

Why would it use a gearbox to switch between functions, it's a manual set (isn't it)? For manual functions, it's easier to have separate knobs for control I guess.

Looks like there's a two-speed gearbox right under the engine. There's a glimpse of the changeover catch with the clutch 20z gear on the left and 16z gear on the right.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

So it is indeed white and orange as stated originally, nothing lime or olive. And it does seem to have a gearbox under the engine, so it seems to apply for the pistons. Plus it seems to have grey shock absorbers on the rear axle too (at least one per side)!