33 minutes ago, LvdH said:

That's how it was with the Porsche and Bugatti, so most likely same for the Sian.

Yeah. Though I would be happy if there were a true VIP release

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

I dont really see lambo doing some variant of the Sian, the only thing i could see happening is an even more limited edition spider/convertible version of the Sian, but a limited run hypercar like the Sian isnt the sort of thing they will a gazilion specials out of, like with the aventador/huracan.

I don't know about the real-life one, but if the Lego Sian is convertible it would be a nice way to bring something new to the UCS Supercar line and differentiate it from the Porsche and the Bugatti. As long as it's a proper function and not something you activate by inserting a key into a hole in the side of the car. :innocent:

Looking at the picture with the wheel, I would go for lime as colour for the Lambo.... :wink: which will be a perfect match for Lambo...as we won‘t get metallic green...

On 5/5/2020 at 2:50 PM, Wimmer said:

I don’t care people “hate” on LEGO; I still love them and always will.

Amen to that. I love it and always will!! :pir-love:

If you look, you can see the break is to a slight angle. The image itself is straight, so maybe we will have complex angles on the axel? One can only hope! 

800x428.jpg

15 minutes ago, vectorcustoms said:

How close will the Chinese be. A direct copy or inspiration?

Like we've been talking about previously, we're not sure. Some of us (me included) are certain it's almost a direct copy because there's no way this particular bootlegger, whose set designs are always stolen, would suddenly release an original model that looks so accurate. Others think the bootleggers hired someone to build an original MOC.

Edited by Bartybum

Thinking about it, it's a bit of a shame that it's Defender green. That wide promo shot with the fake dark bronze/bronze colour was really cool :look:

Edited by Bartybum

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

it's a bit of a shame that it's Defender green

Are we shure about that? I think not.

51 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Are we shure about that? I think not.

I mean, I think it’s a pretty safe bet, given that a) we just got an olive green Defender so it’s in their interest to reuse the colour for economic reasons, b) the reverse colour image led to what was pretty much the exact same olive green, and c) the Sian’s textbook colour is olive green (albeit metallic).

Edited by Bartybum

The color in the end will always come down to a subjective opinion, and as far as that goes, I don't really care which kind of green it will be.  It will definitely stand out in my collection.

5 minutes ago, Lachouffe said:

The color in the end will always come down to a subjective opinion, and as far as that goes, I don't really care which kind of green it will be.  It will definitely stand out in my collection.

Even though I really still hope that it’s not going to be “Army Green”, I’m starting to think that the idea might be right that it will be the Land Rover color.
It would slightly disappoint me from both companies; Lamborghini because it’s a color they don’t even have (although you can order whatever you want for an extra fee), and LEGO because I feel “cheated” that they felt the need to re-use that color to make it worth their while I guess and make it more economical that way ?

But then I agree with @Lachouffe that I don’t have any vehicles (or anything for that matter), in that color yet so it would be a “welcome” change to the normal range...

It still saddens me though that both companies didn’t go for an obvious “in-your-face” color option while they have this open door opportunity to do so ?...

...Let’s hope I got this completely wrong... ? 

So, if i summerise a bit that all...

- We Don't know qhat wille be the final model? maybe it is effectively a huracan spider finaly

- We can reasonably think it will be olive green, Economy first...

So my  highest hope, based on official annoucement of Lamborghini, (and yes it is speculation topic after all) is to get a functional convertible car. A model where acces to thee steering wheels and paddle shifter is finaly more easy than on Porshe and Chiron

4 hours ago, vectorcustoms said:

A6C2B52F-52C8-444F-9F40-17160F5E4978.jpeg

I would forgive the new fenders but the tile-made stepped-edged "front lid" (whatever we call it - trunk or hood)... Is that a "Chinborghini" or the official well-good-TLG set? :sick: It's a full "spanish shame" for me.

Now I have serious doubts on who really made the model first and who copycatted it...

The accepted term for a storage space under the bonnet or hood at the front of a car is a frunk, well that’s what we call it at the company I work at.

49 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I would forgive the new fenders but the tile-made stepped-edged "front lid" (whatever we call it - trunk or hood)... Is that a "Chinborghini" or the official well-good-TLG set? :sick: It's a full "spanish shame" for me.

Now I have serious doubts on who really made the model first and who copycatted it...

My bet is that's not copy but completely different designs

2 hours ago, Seasider said:

The accepted term for a storage space under the bonnet or hood at the front of a car is a frunk, well that’s what we call it at the company I work at.

I've been wondering that for some time... people call it "frunk" because it's a portmanteau of "front trunk", but "trunk" is the term used in the US; is it called "froot" ("front boot") in the UK?

Just now, AVCampos said:

I've been wondering that for some time... people call it "frunk" because it's a portmanteau of "front trunk", but "trunk" is the term used in the US; is it called "froot" ("front boot") in the UK?

:laugh: (valid question though)

9 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Not heard it called a Froot here in the U.K. we’ve used Frunk in the car company I work at. Ours tend to be a random mix of British and American names for bits, I’ve never worked out if there’s any logic to it at my company!

Edited by Seasider

8 hours ago, vectorcustoms said:

Other than MK's track record, I don't see much of a resemblance between the teaser picture and the MK set. The small black panels are under the mudguards on the MK and over on the TLG one. There's also a second panel under the first one on the MK. The TLG teaser also shows a panel on the doors, while the MK uses brick-buiilt doors. There's also a 1x3 beam visible to the right of the wheel and under the mudguard, which isn't on the MK. Finally, the MK doesn't even have brake calipers!

In short, the only thing they have in common is the presence of mudguards, and we can't even see them properly.

While I think we can all say that it's most likely the Sian I do agree with an idea a few people have mentioned, and that's a working convertible top. That would be a nice extra function as well as providing a point of difference to the other supercars already released. Even though mine will most likely be a shelf queen it would be a good option.

I'm not sold on the LR green if that's what they go with but it won't stop me from getting it