Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

'cause it is Control+, there is no B-model for this set. We are lucky if 42112 and 42113 has one... 

I dont think that is a given, C+ limits options in terms of B-models, but something like that dump truck would pretty much have the exactly same options for motorization as a hauler, drive, steering and tipping the bed, implementing it all in such a way that the app has the same effect without knowing whether it is driving the A or B model should be doable.

20 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

It will be B-model when we konw the inventory because somebody will do it, with so many pieces I think it would be easy and more than one version.

If somebody does it, it is a MOC and not an official B-model. And nope there is no official B-model for this set at the back of box.

Just now, Timorzelorzworz said:

If somebody does it, it is a MOC and not an official B-model. And nope there is no official B-model for this set at the back of box.

Well you can name it C-model of an A-model that hasn´t got B-model if you want, no problem.

Is C+ really problem for B-models? PF was not. I don't think C+ could be so big problem for designers (and software engineers) to create a B-model.

3 minutes ago, KLF said:

Is C+ really problem for B-models? PF was not. I don't think C+ could be so big problem for designers (and software engineers) to create a B-model.

It shouldn't be.

20 minutes ago, KLF said:

At this point this has to be a shortage of resources, maybe on the designer's side but most likely on the app developer's side. Or the B models are simply not popular enough to dedicate resources to them. 

1 hour ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

'cause it is Control+, there is no B-model for this set.

If the functions are exactly the same (tipping, steering, driving), I don't see a problem here to not implement a B-Model.

The geartrains between the functions and their respective motors might be different, though. For example, Grohl's 42099 alternate model also has "only" driving and steering, but he has to use the controlling app upside down because the steering mechanism works in the opposite direction as the official model.

6 hours ago, Jundis said:

If the functions are exactly the same (tipping, steering, driving), I don't see a problem here to not implement a B-Model.

Just create a new profile for it. Sure, this might not be worth it from a financial standpoint, but I see no other problem.

This will be the perfect parts pack to finish the Dosan Moxy dumper I've been working on and off with for a couple of years. 

Moxy MT 36 - https://hum3d.com/360-view/?id=190334

dumper-back-mt-36-serie-ii-moxy.jpgMoxy_MT36_Dump_Truck_2011_360_720_50-1.j

I never managed to solve the placement of linear actuators as they where to short. I recently bought the 42100 and was planning on using the XL LA's form that to complete my solution, but I really want to keep the 42100 buildt... But this solves it all! Those fenders will also be a perfect fit!

I also like the suspension of the Moxy way better, but I might be biased being from Norway... :)

But really, the Moxy has some very innovative solutions for off-road performance. It has much better ground clearance, better stability and the pivot point is on the cabin side of the articulation hinge. I've seen Volvos on their side in situations that the Moxy keeps going without trouble, but it should also be said that the Moxy cant keep up with Volvos on better surfaces do to not having any suspension on the rear axles.

The Moxy has double un-suspended pivot arms on woth sides with one common diff for all four rear wheels. This makes it a lot more stable when loading very heavy rocks, as well as giving it much more stability in side slopes. The cabin is however fully suspended with independent suspension for the front wheels. This in combination with the pivot point being on the cabin side of the hinge and very low makes for a very stable and flexible off-road vehicle. The low pivot point for the cabin section and the upward sloping rear frame also helps a lot with stability.

I have made the whole rear body, as well as the front suspention, and I am currently working on a good way to supply drive to the front wheels with their unique suspension in a compact model. I have a solution for mounting the XL LAs, but as I said the current ones was to short. I'm so hyped to continue this build with the new parts! 

-ED-

@Nazgarot for additional XL Linear actuators you can always buy 42108 set (or two)

...and keep 42114 (also) assembled :wink:

I think the mining truck will be reserved for another A model flagship, possibly 5 years later. It may have a Volvo license, or a Liebherr one,

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

20 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think the mining truck will be reserved for another A model flagship, possibly 5 years later. It may have a Volvo license, or a Liebherr one,

I'm tipping on Liebherr, but I was also tipping on another vehicle than CLAAS Xerion, but was wrong...

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

I'm tipping on Liebherr, but I was also tipping on another vehicle than CLAAS Xerion, but was wrong...

I guess over the years we will see a large bunch of Control+ models in the app. Candidates are construction vehicles, cars (simple driving/steering) and maybe forest vehicles. It is just a matter of time when we see a large forest vehicle with Control+ 

28 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

I guess over the years we will see a large bunch of Control+ models in the app. Candidates are construction vehicles, cars (simple driving/steering) and maybe forest vehicles. It is just a matter of time when we see a large forest vehicle with Control+ 

I see your point and we have CLAAS tires perfect for forest vehicle :wink:

22 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

I see your point and we have CLAAS tires perfect for forest vehicle :wink:

Bear in mind though, a forest harvester with 8 Claas wheels would be insanely huge and probably pushing beyond Technic limits.

Edited by Bartybum

21 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Bear in mind though, a forest harvester with 8 Claas wheels would be insanely huge and probably pushing beyond Technic limits.

Besides, a forwarder isn't big enough to warrant the Claas wheels. Models with Claas or Unimog wheels in real life have a wheel diameter of 1.8 meter or above. A 8x8 Tatra truck is more suitable. And an RC all-terrain mobile crane would be a good model for 8 Unimog wheels.

40 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

it could be something like that

50b89b61959d5e9b97bf30d78f6690bb.jpg

(hope Image is not to big)...

24 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

it could be something like that

50b89b61959d5e9b97bf30d78f6690bb.jpg

(hope Image is not to big)...

If I'm not mistaken, Lego designers don't tend to build very specific machines, that can't be quickly recognized once a customer took a look on a box or picture of the machine.

And this forest harvester looks a bit confusing. I personally couldn't quickly reply what it is, if I didn't read the name of the machine.

1 minute ago, Parazels said:

If I'm not mistaken, Lego designers don't tend to build very specific machines, that can't be quickly recognized once a customer took a look on a box or picture of the machine.

And this forest harvester looks a bit confusing. I personally couldn't quickly reply what it is, if I didn't read the name of the machine.

It is a WF trac; BTW welcome back :wink:

Edited by I_Igor

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It's more like a modified tractor to me.

Idea was (from Werner) to use MBTrac at the first generation, but this is special construction as you can see here. Of course we ended up a bit to far from topic, but there is one thing common with Volvo articulated hauler - articulated steering (you can see on 6 x 6 model) ...

11 hours ago, Nazgarot said:

I recently bought the 42100 and was planning on using the XL LA's form that to complete my solution, but I really want to keep the 42100 build

Why not buy the XLs on Bricklink? Or order them from Lego for 9,60€ each? :-)