Eurobricks Knights
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About Nazgarot

  • Birthday 06/20/1981

Spam Prevention

  • What is favorite LEGO theme? (we need this info to prevent spam)

Contact Methods

  • Skype

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    Bødalen, Buskerud
  • Interests
    Lego (Technic), Martial Arts, Computers, Electronics, RC Vehicles, Mechanics


  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

3089 profile views
  1. I love this idea! But I would swap the water for silicon oil. som thin oil like 60 - 100 wt would do well i would think, and it would also lubricate all the seals... I have to get my printer running. I need to try this! _ED_
  2. Because the holes are offset on the studded beams the beams in figure 3-34 has exactly 3 Lego unit between them vertically across the gray beam. In figure 3-35 there is less than 3 Lego units between the holes, and no beam can be connected vertically across the beams using opposing holes. I believe this is what Sariel was refering to.
  3. I have lots of gray frames that have cracked or become brittle. I have no problems with black ones. Might actually be that the black plastic somehow is more resistant to aging/UV/mechanical stress... _ED_
  4. Still sounds like a sun gear in your diff is missing. This model is always 4WD, but has lockable diffs. I guess that is what you refer to with "diff mode", while locked being 4WD? With the diffs locked it would work anyway, but with open diffs no power would be transferred to that wheel. A simple way to test this is to set the difflock off and test that the opposite wheel on each axle counter spin when you rotate the other wheel. You should also be able to feel if the wheel is connected to the driveline or not. The diff should have 5 internal gears, but it is easy to forget the last one... If this is not the case short video of the problem would be very helpful for us to help you further. Just upload a short clip of the problem with some explanations to Youtube and give us a link. _ED_
  5. The following things have been my main takeaway: 1: Steering geometry and how angles affect steering stability. 2: Adder-subtracktor gearboxes and vectored drive systems. 3: Testing mechanical principles like the watt's linkage, and learning how to apply them. 4: Using CAD software to test ideas before trying them out in reality, and the ability to predict problems with a physical build vs CAD. In general I have learned a lot, but much of that is exploring implementations of things I already knew, like mechanical principles. For example the importance of gearing down a drivetrain after the differential to reduce the stress on differentials and gearboxes.
  6. This is an impressive model, with great performance! I'm actual quite stunned that you managed to fit it all in such a small model, and still maintain that level of performance! Would love to see more SnowRunner trucks from you! :)
  7. This is really cool! Great engineering! Would bee cool if you inverted the "programing chain" 90 degrees so that you could link multiple panels to display streaming codes. _ED_
  8. I suggest you try and see how far you get. When reverse engineering always begin with the parts that are easiest to see, then work out the rest from there. Often it can be a great help having the parts around to see where and how parts must be mounted. Best of luck to you. Maybe we can help each other if/when I can find the time :) Would be cool to start a Reverse engineering thread for it as a forum project, if it is ok by Lipko. _ED_
  9. From what I can see the pictures are quite detailed. It should be possible to do a complete reverse engineering of this model. Personally I do not have enough time at the moment, but I suggest you try your hand to reverse engineer it with a Lego Cad program. _ED_ Edit: Actually after seeing the video again, I think I will reverse engineer it. But as I said I don't have the time right now. Maybe next weekend if Lipko don't mind.
  10. This is impressive! I like how it is coming along, and I'm very excited to see your choices for bodywork. Could you make a demo video to show how the dual drive system works offroad? The gear train seems a bit weak to me, but might be ok if the model is light enough... _ED_
  11. This is what I love in a B-model! A great well functioning model that is very different form the main model! This seems very good! I just wish Lego could be as creative and start including B-models again... _ED_
  12. Way to cool to be "the most boring vehicle/object in the world"! Great and creative work! _ED_
  13. The string is the missing part in all the experiments I've done. It saves a lot of space for making the valves/pistons. I find i very hard to make anything this compact without that ingenious solution, but if someone can come up with something better I'm all ears. Best of luck trying. We as a community might be onto a new super-compact solution for fake engines. This reminds me of some of the collaborate projects back when I first discovered Eurobricks. :) _ED_
  14. Thanks! This is a great idea for how to simulate working valves for fake engines! I have been looking into that problem for years without finding a good solution. But the half L bushes is a great idea if it is combined by a crankshaft that requires less space... And an idea for that came up in the copetiotion to make small cars for the car transporter sets a while ago. Simply stack low 1 stud tiles and connect them to a axle and you have it. I will do some experiments :)