1 hour ago, Lipko said:

And I guess the string's end at the top is simply fixed by hitching its end stud-piece-thing between two 3L connectors. The other end at the fork frame is probably fixed by putting the stud into the frame's pinhole facing downwards. It's clearly visible that you can insert the string in after everything else and fix it with the 3L connector and 2x2L axles and restricting/securing it at the roller by the 5L axle.

Sorry if I'm stating the obvious here...

What if the string end that goes over the top is actually continued down the back, braced again on the main boom and then connected to the bottom of the moving gearrack. That way it will double the height reach of the fork itself. Think that is how 42009 actually did it now that I think of it...

37 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

What if the string end that goes over the top is actually continued down the back, braced again on the main boom and then connected to the bottom of the moving gearrack. That way it will double the height reach of the fork itself. Think that is how 42009 actually did it now that I think of it...

That just achieves the same outcome as pinning it to any other stationary point on the first section of the boom.

54 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

That just achieves the same outcome as pinning it to any other stationary point on the first section of the boom.

Not if you use a roller on the main boom in between...

Built it and fork reaches the top of the boom now!

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Edited by Rudivdk
Added pics

I have a feeling that Markus is doing some huge project right now...:laugh:

That extension still doesn’t bode well for the set ):

Edited by Bartybum

10 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

Not if you use a roller on the main boom in between...

Built it and fork reaches the top of the boom now!

If it does not, I might mod it as you have done that fork.

This forklift has a more realistic lifting mechanism. On most modern forklifts, the forks are connected to one end of a chain. The other end is secured to the frame or the base of a boom. The hydraulics act on the chain itself, like @Rudivdk pictures.

Even if the range isn't the greatest, it is more realistic. 

15 hours ago, suffocation said:

Help out a colour-blind Brit here - is this dark blue the same as the panels on 42055?

For me (and my glasses) it certanly looks like dark blue like on 42055

6 hours ago, Bartybum said:

That extension still doesn’t bode well for the set ):

Total range of movement for the fork is about 20 studs.

Mind you that in my first pic the fork is actually 5 studs below the bottom of the rack housing. At full height it is about 1 stud above the top.

I'd say range is decent enough.

I had expected a more complex set. Although I like forklifts and have most Technic forklift models, I don’t think this will end up un on my want list.

A nice set for kids though, for whom it is intended in the first place of course!

At the back of the forklift there seems to be a pair of panel 21 & 22 in Dark Blue. 

I'm on the fence about whether to buy a new 42079 or to bricklink the missing pieces. I've got a spare rack and holder from 42078 Mack, and a pair of 3x11 yellow panels already. And I wanna put them into use to free up storage space.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Out of all sets, I think I like this one the best. Till now I do not own a forklift and the price/looks are decent.

4 minutes ago, Freekysch said:

Till now I do not own a forklift 

Because there hasn't been any forklift for you to own  :laugh:  The last Technic forklift dates back to 2005, which is 13 years ago already.

31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Because there hasn't been any forklift for you to own  :laugh:  The last Technic forklift dates back to 2005, which is 13 years ago already.

Don't forget 8290 from 2008.

It's a nice little model. The tyres might be a bit to big in relation to the rest of the body, Maybe it would look even better with dual 49.5 wheels of the front a single 49.5 wheels at the rear? I hope the forks lift high enough and the wheels have a sufficient steering angle for good playability.

22 minutes ago, Cumulonimbus said:

It's a nice little model. The tyres might be a bit to big in relation to the rest of the body, Maybe it would look even better with dual 49.5 wheels of the front a single 49.5 wheels at the rear? I hope the forks lift high enough and the wheels have a sufficient steering angle for good playability.

Heavy duty forklifts generally do have large wheels.

14 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Heavy duty forklifts generally do have large wheels.

I know, but something feels a bit off. Either the back should be larger or the cabine smaller to feel like a true heavy duty forklinft:

32-ton-Hyster-forklift-sale-H32XM-64020-

For now, I looks more like the smaller version seen below, but then I would change the wheels to smaller ones as mentioned before:

th?id=OIP.f2qOfMqPcJLu_oU0_eu7EwHaEJ&pid

Edited by Cumulonimbus