Just now, muffinbrick said:

I don't know, if it's just me, or there is no big LA on MACK A model, but two of them on B model :look:

There are two of them at the first joints of the two cranes. You can see them in the rear view pic of the Mack

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There are two of them at the first joints of the two cranes. You can see them in the rear view pic of the Mack

Ah, thank you :)

Couple of things I noticed:

42077:

The two side panels at the rear are connected to the rear half of the car. Seems like they will open sideways if you lift the rear half up.

207989s.jpg

42075:

- What is the function of the two black pins in the yellow circle?

-  I don't recognize the DBG part in the green circle, can anybody identify if this is an existing part?

- The red version of the DBG 3L connector thingies are here extensively used in this vehicle (orange circle), looks like they are here to stay.

167j8dd.jpg

first thing I note, look at the flex on the gooseneck of the trailer!  

but I like it, would have liked to see dual tires on the back of the big rig, and 3 axles on the trailer, but I can live with this.

Although I never had a proper chance to own Technic sets, but I got to admit that this is getting very appealing as the years go by. 

It's Dark Azur, compare the areas where blue 3M pegs are visible to pictures of 42070.

I manage to make out the other name in the roof of 42077. It spells sth like K.ORNSTEDT. Any idea what that is? Probably not the name of a Technic designer.

1 hour ago, Cumulonimbus said:

- What is the function of the two black pins in the yellow circle?

167j8dd.jpg

Could this be a preperation to add  power functions? Perhaps the new ones? 

I have asked myself anyway, what purpose this big gap in the middle fullfills. 

The rally car is most definitely medium blue. Not dark azure, not medium azure, not regular blue. Alas. It would have been a great opportunity to add more panels in regular blue. Also, many of the panels in the rally car already exist in medium blue. At least the numbered panels. The wheel arch and 3x13 curved panel are new in medium blue. Further, I personally find the set butt ugly, but I like that it has a rollcage. And, technic isn't meant to be beautiful, so I like how it doesn't spend hundreds of extra parts on better paneling. It seems a bit light on functions though: steering, engine and suspension and a few opening doors isn't enough for 1000 parts.

The Mack truck really looks splendid! A really pleasant surprise. And I might like the garbage truck even better! I might just get this set, after having missed out on the Arocs. The only thing I don't like is the colors. It's a lot of gray and black. I really like how they added some green to liven up the color scheme a bit. The rest of it is a lot of grays and blacks. There's a lot of System stuff, much more than we're used to from Technic. I think it's a good thing, but it does inflate the part count, and also the parts-to-functions ratio. I'm not sure whether that's what Technic is about. But I'm pretty enthousiastic about the set as a whole, from the images we have seen so far. I'm so glad they went for this scale and not the larger scale of the 62.4 tyres. Also, good to see more panels starting to appear in dark gray.

I think the rest of the sets is a bit dull (but I'm not the target audience, they're kid's toys after all). Also, 1000 parts for the hovercraft may be a bit much given the simple nature of the functions (from my guesses so far). I'm still hoping for the jet boat to do the set a bit more justice though. If I may predict my purchases, it's the sail boat early on, and maybe the Mack truck later, depending on price.

So 42077 is in the same color with 42066 Jet? It doesnt look that way to me..

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Is the Mack Truck really a first half set? To me it looks too large for a first half set.

All that said, it looks great, I really like the cab, I like the colors and the functions look interesting also.

I will have to see reviews, but so far,  it looks like a buy for me.

Not really interested in the other three (I need to slow down on LEGO purchases, running out of space and time), but the Mack looks great!

Andy D

The Mack truck looks absolutely amazing. Granted it uses system bricks to achieve it's looks, but still, it looks great. And the Garbage Truck B-Model looks like it could be it own main A-Model. That rally car..... Well it's different I guess. I suppose when the rear hatch is lifted that sides in front of the rear wheels also open as a double action feature. I guess they wanted to add some excitement to the normally basic opening mechanism, even though it is kind of odd.Those curved 3 x 11 panels just don't do it for me though. I don't like wheel arches to be so square like that, it looks very odd from the side. That was one thing that drove me crazy about the 42039. I guess it is based off of the Lancia Rally 037 due to it's mid engine placement.

lancia037r.jpg

Edited by Meatman

Just now, Meatman said:

Lancia Rally 037

You are my new best fiend for even KNOWING about this.

Just now, Gnac said:

You are my new best fiend for even KNOWING about this.

I am not going to lie. I was discussing this model with Paul Boratko on Facebook and he told me about it. :laugh: I didn't even know there was a rally car that had this type of engine placement.

Just now, Meatman said:

I am not going to lie. I was discussing this model with Paul Boratko on Facebook and he told me about it. :laugh: I didn't even know there was a rally car that had this type of engine placement.

It was the last of its kind before all wheel drive...before era of audi quattro

Wow! The Mack truck is two great models in one! The A and B models look so good its ridiculous what a good job they have done to create them within one amount of parts. Problem for me is, both are the sort of model I would want to build myself from my own brain so I will pass. The rally car on the other hand is the one I might get because the hovercraft looks interesting.

H